Statue JND Studios: The Dark Knight - Ledger Joker 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your pics looked fantastic to start with (the best I’ve seen) particularly the face. My only gripe is the receding hair line. Hopefully once in hand I can futz the hair to my satisfaction.

Your pics looked fantastic to start with (the best I’ve seen) particularly the face. My only gripe is the receding hair line. Hopefully once in hand I can futz the hair to my satisfaction.

Thanks mate, you should get yours in a day or two once it's cleared customs, so hopefully you'll get it soon enough to see how it is for yourself, I'm sure you're going to love it!

Yeah, the hairline is definitely too clean. I love these statues, but no one can deny they're too pristine. How they did WW's with some painted strands alleviated it for her, but I have let JND know that they could improve this detail - hopefully they do. To be fair when you take photos and stand nose to face with it it's obvious, but at normal viewing distance it really isn't that much of a problem, still noticeable but not bad by any means.

Thanks for the stellar review and photos. Excited to get mine through SF in like 2075. 😂

Hahah, they'll probably have a 2.0 out by that time :')

Got some more photos, shot against my photopolymer Joker print I made years back.

PXL_20211207_161811031.jpg
PXL_20211207_161743985.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20211207_161349125.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20211207_161551176.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20211207_161628821.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20211207_164034056.PORTRAIT.jpg

Has anybody here heard of anotoys? They seemed to have JND joker still available for PO. Only thing is it’s like $3500. Thought maybe this might be the cheapest I can get it.

Has anybody here heard of anotoys? They seemed to have JND joker still available for PO. Only thing is it’s like $3500. Thought maybe this might be the cheapest I can get it.
No personal experience but I've heard mixed things. I'm fairly certain you'd receive the product but if there were any issues it seems likely they wouldn't remedy them. Plus, there would be import fees and shipping on top of the already inflated price.

You might have some luck camping US retail sites to see if you can snag someones cancellation once they start charging and shipping.

Loving some of these photos, it is definitely an awesome piece though I'm still not completely sold on it especially at the price it's at.

Thinking the Prime 1 is what's going to do it for me, especially with the bust head. Either way, you really cannot go wrong with any option.

Remember the days of the DX11 being far and away the best Ledger Joker on the market? :LOL:

Loving some of these photos, it is definitely an awesome piece though I'm still not completely sold on it especially at the price it's at.

Thinking the Prime 1 is what's going to do it for me, especially with the bust head. Either way, you really cannot go wrong with any option.

Remember the days of the DX11 being far and away the best Ledger Joker on the market? :LOL:
Owning the JND Joker it is amazing in person. Really is something you have to see to get the real picture. But this JND one is just insane with what they did. 9/10. Just minor things could have made this a ten. Anyways, I am looking forward to the QS artist edition. They do not drop the ball, that company. I have the other joker 1/3 rooted and love it. So, I can only imagine what the 1/4 artist edition is going to be like. Then I will get the P1 bust. I don't like the statue, nor the face of the first sculpt. Plus, the typical card pose. Just way to much going on. But like you said, we have enough jokers to make everyone happy. At this point, everyone should be happy with what they get. I have a hard time trusting P1 too. They can be hit or miss. But will see. I love the bust. I was glad to pay for that lol. But at last, we all should be happy!

I hope one day to see a JND in person but I haven't liked any of them enough to justify the price. I agree that Queen will be outstanding, that will definitely be impressive to me. The one thing that bothers me about queen 1/4 is that the pattern on the shirt looks too big, almost like a smaller scale figure like hot toys. I know it's more difficult to do fabric clothes the smaller the scale, and their proto pics look great, is just a little niggle I have. I will probably still pick up the sculpted hair version as the price is very good for that one

I’d rather pay $3200 for the QS piece and get it at 1/2 than $2300 for 1/3. Their Phoenix 1/2 looks insane and very accurate. While I can appreciate the craftsmanship thus far JND sets the bar, I can’t spend that much on a premium figure and overlook sculpt and accuracies. There’s been no 1/3 Ledger Joker in full purple suit yet so I would imagine it’s best in market. Hopefully we see how this compares to P1 and eventual QS 1/2. Congrats to those who scored and enjoy. The low edition is very attractive and what JND really bases prices off.

I’d rather pay $3200 for the QS piece and get it at 1/2 than $2300 for 1/3. Their Phoenix 1/2 looks insane and very accurate. While I can appreciate the craftsmanship thus far JND sets the bar, I can’t spend that much on a premium figure and overlook sculpt and accuracies. There’s been no 1/3 Ledger Joker in full purple suit yet so I would imagine it’s best in market. Hopefully we see how this compares to P1 and eventual QS 1/2. Congrats to those who scored and enjoy. The low edition is very attractive and what JND really bases prices off.
I agree I haven't received mine yet but I'm in the UK and paid even more for it, besides the P1 Jungle Hunter 1/3, I am probably not going to go for any new 1/3 statues around this price again unless it's a wishlist character.

Again, nothing you said is wrong (because it’s all opinion), but I’d say that it’s only fair to wait for all pieces to exit production before final comparisons are made.

Not really, no. I’m certain that materials used and in-house artists for heads, hands, and hair play a large factor.
I can understand premium materials but mainly silicone and rooted hair. Tailoring seems normal par the scale. Everything else is passed since it’s a much smaller edition size. 1/3 rooted Joker from QS was $800 and main difference was polystone versus silicone and less garments. That’s a huge difference in cost compared to JND. I can only compare those. P1 is $1000 less with more accessories but no silicone or rooted hair. Granted much higher edition size but I don’t see silicone and rooted hair being the biggest factor between both P1 and QS. Again, lower edition while keeping premium materials contributing to much higher costs compared to the others. But we’ll compare more once they release more from other makers. No doubt this is the best full purple suit Joker at 1/3. Soon other will follow and may improve. Only time will tell.

I can understand premium materials but mainly silicone and rooted hair. Tailoring seems normal par the scale. Everything else is passed since it’s a much smaller edition size. 1/3 rooted Joker from QS was $800 and main difference was polystone versus silicone and less garments. That’s a huge difference in cost compared to JND. I can only compare those. P1 is $1000 less with more accessories but no silicone or rooted hair. Granted much higher edition size but I don’t see silicone and rooted hair being the biggest factor between both P1 and QS. Again, lower edition while keeping premium materials contributing to much higher costs compared to the others. But we’ll compare more once they release more from other makers. No doubt this is the best full purple suit Joker at 1/3. Soon other will follow and may improve. Only time will tell.
You’re still ignoring the in-house artists and stylists.

If the other companies can do it for less minus silicone. This could be had for less. The higher cost more spread across lower run. Like small runs.
Other companies aren’t having in-house artists do the fine painting. They’re outsourcing to factories and the result is lesser.

Edit: I do agree that smaller runs tend to cost more, that’s true of most products. I just don’t believe it’s the major contributing factor to their pricing. It’s hard to compare their pricing to other studios because no one is doing what they are in 1/3.

Last edited:
Other companies aren’t having in-house artists do the fine painting. They’re outsourcing to factories and the result is lesser.

Edit: I do agree that smaller runs tend to cost more, that’s true of most products. I just don’t believe it’s the major contributing factor to their pricing. It’s hard to compare their pricing to other studios because no one is doing what they are in 1/3.
Only difference is silicone. QS did a 1/3 already and looks better except not silicone and fully purple get up. But until P1 comes out this is the full package.

As someone who owns the QS piece, it's an absolute bargain, but everything has gone up significantly in price since, including QS's own offerings, so I wouldn't expect anything near that price now. I also disagree that it's better than the JND piece. The likeness is better, but from a quality point of view, JND is levels above. The silicone skin, paint job, glass eyes and also the hair is done much better than the QS piece.

In saying that, JND are definitely on the expensive side, however they have always aimed their products at the premium end of the market since day 1 and have always been upfront about that. They produce the most realistic statues on the market with no shortcuts or expenses spared and aim to produce production pieces that are very close to the prototypes (probably much closer than any other company).

There is also a big difference in cost with having in-house artists do some of the work compared to offloading it to a factory who won't do anywhere near as nice of a job (which is why QS is getting Viper to do the paint and hair on their 1/4 Joker as opposed to getting the factory to do it like their 1/3, and charging a fortune for it).

I don't think it's the ES as it's not even that low IMO. There are many factors that go into the pricing of statues. Even at factory level, the closer you want them to replicate the prototype, the more it costs, and the quicker you want production to happen the more it costs again.

As for whether these are worth it or not, that's personal opinion. I think all statues from every company are way overpriced now. Personally, if it's a must-have character for me I would buy it, as I don't buy much anyway and have a small collection.

Back