Statue JND Studios: The Dark Knight - Ledger Joker 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As someone who owns the QS piece, it's an absolute bargain, but everything has gone up significantly in price since, including QS's own offerings, so I wouldn't expect anything near that price now. I also disagree that it's better than the JND piece. The likeness is better, but from a quality point of view, JND is levels above. The silicone skin, paint job, glass eyes and also the hair is done much better than the QS piece.
For me the likeness is the most important thing, i see no point paying way more money for inferior likeness and hair

For me the likeness is the most important thing, i see no point paying way more money for inferior likeness and hair
It's not a bad likeness though. I wouldn't say it's inferior and comparing them both is probably not fair as they are from completely different scenes. I think both companies managed to capture the scene quite well, just that JND's actually looks like a real person, but QS does look a bit more like Ledger.

It's a personal decision at the end of the day, and for me I like it enough to pay the asking price. As an overall statue, I think JND did a fantastic job IMO.

For me realism, quality and closeness to the prototype is what matters. Screen accuracy and likeness can be in the 90-100% spot-on range for me, anything within that is obvious who it is and close enough screen accurate for my preferences. It's the realism, quality and promise of prototype to end product that fully and wholly resonate with me. Edition size means nothing to me personally, I don't care how many people own it as long as those tenets are met, but it goes without saying that smaller edition leads to better quality.

For me JND ticks those boxes and more, and I doubt they'll be beat in a very very long time.

Just received my JND Joker today.

Was I blown away opening the box? No.

Is it perfect in terms of accuracy to Ledger? No.

is it the best value for money statue I have received this year. No

I had major reservations in terms of the hairline and it is better than I expected however It is nowhere near accurate to Ledger.

Regardless of the above it is the most mesmerising statue I have received in over 15 years of collecting statues. The expression of emotion and Intensity of rage in the face is indescribable. For all its faults and criticisms which I acknowledge, I absolutely love it!

Last edited:

I had major reservations in terms of the hairline and it is better than I expected however It is nowhere near accurate to Ledger.

Regardless of the above it is the most mesmerising statue I have received in over 15 years of collecting statues. The expression of emotion and Intensity of rage in the face is indescribable. For all its faults and criticisms which I acknowledge, I absolutely love it!
That's a very well reasoned post, congrats on your new purchase 😀

I'm glad some people can accept it falls short in many ways, especially considering the price, but I'm sure in person it is mesmerising

I'm glad some people can accept it falls short in many ways, especially considering the price, but I'm sure in person it is mesmerising
Thank you for your kind comments.

I won’t post any photos as I won’t be able to compete with the excellent photos GaryPool has already posted. IMHO the photos don’t do this piece justice as it’s not possible to capture the raw emotion.
I can’t explain how or why it just has that X Factor. In terms of money it’s all in the head sculpt. Despite its debatable Ledger likeness issues raised by forum members it has an essence and spirit of Ledgers Joker which I think will be hard to beat.

Last edited:

Congrats mate, I share the same sentiments. Wasn't blown away, there are criticisms to it, especially the hairline (the biggest thing JND needs to improve upon). However, yeah it has that x factor, for me it's the presence, when you take that step back and view it as the whole instead of its parts, they add up to be something else in terms of what a collector ultimately wants as a representation of character. You do feel that rage.

You planning on getting any more?

Congrats mate, I share the same sentiments. Wasn't blown away, there are criticisms to it, especially the hairline (the biggest thing JND needs to improve upon). However, yeah it has that x factor, for me it's the presence, when you take that step back and view it as the whole instead of its parts, they add up to be something else in terms of what a collector ultimately wants as a representation of character. You do feel that rage.

You planning on getting any more?
Have Wonder Woman, Catwoman and Batman on order. Passed on Harley Quinn as I’m not a fan of the character but I think the statue looks great, possibly their best yet. Not everyone will share this view but we all see things differently.

Well, you are never going to get a perfect representation of the character. Especially, that he is passed on. I never been to a post where everyone is satisfied with the statue. It is all subjective, but even with the flaws. Those are very easily overlooked by the sheer presence of the statue. I really have not been able to enjoy the statue because I have had the flu. I set it up and never really appreciated it, Cuz U still feel like butt! I am barely getting though this comment lol,

Fair assessment. Just curious, why weren't you blown away?

I actually never planned on getting this statue and planned on getting the Prime 1 with the new headsculpt, but after ordering JND's Batman and now seeing pics of this in-hand, I really want this and feel that it would make a better pairing with JND's Batman. Unsure if I'm still gonna get Prime 1's Joker, but I do think it's the better piece with the new headsculpt.

I actually never planned on getting this statue and planned on getting the Prime 1 with the new headsculpt, but after ordering JND's Batman and now seeing pics of this in-hand, I really want this and feel that it would make a better pairing with JND's Batman. Unsure if I'm still gonna get Prime 1's Joker, but I do think it's the better piece with the new headsculpt.
You ask a really tough question and my reply takes into consideration what I have received this year and the cost comparison. Prices are approximate and include UK duty.
this year I have received:
Q Collectibles 1/4 Judge Dredd £740
TweeterHead 1/5 Hordak exclusive £475
QS 1/3 Batman Premium £1100
Prime 1 1/4 Alita Deluxe £800
Prime 1 JH Predator £2000
Pure arts 1/3 Stormtrooper £600
Iron Studios 1/4 Mandalorian £800
Sideshow 1/4 Silver Surfer Exclusive £540
JND 1/3 Joker £2275

When comparing companies and scales it’s like comparing apples to oranges and whilst cost is measurable no one can assign a measure to their own opinion and the emotional connection they feel.

Firstly the packaging. I first purchased a Cinemaquette around 15 years ago who were doing the solid coffin box, straps etc. So the packaging for me is nothing new or not what I would call a game changer. JND has really nice packaging which in this instance is very compact but no longer anything special. Q Collectibles Judge Dredd and Pure Arts Stormtrooper almost equal to it in regards to what I have received this year and at a third of the cost. It can be argued that JND box is more classy.

Unboxing: For me it was like unboxing a Hot Toy Quarter Scale figure. The Gun and Knife feel plastic and for a premium brand I would expect a metal finish. Tailoring is nice and requires Futzing.

Quality Control: my left foot is loose. I have seen post where the left foot became detached at the ankle due to what appears a lack of Glue. For me JND have to have perfect QC to be the leading premium brand.

is it the best value statue I have received this year. Without a doubt NO. Tweeterhead Hordak, Q Judge Dredd, PureArts Stormtrooper all IMHO easily beat it for the price I paid.

Is it the best Quality statue I have received this year. Again NO. That easily goes to Q Judge Dredd. Simply amazing Paint Apps and overall quality.

is it the best statue I have received this year. No. I would have equal arguments for IS Mandalorian, TH Ex Hordak and Q Judge Dredd. I love them all when considering the cost and overall quality.

Conclusion. This is where personal emotion comes into play. Regardless of everything I have just said above and in my previous posts I absolutely LOVE this statue. If I had to choose and only keep one statue from this year it would be JND Ledger Joker. This conclusion will make no sense but it’s the feeling I get from when I look at the raw intensity from the Joker portrait. Nothing matches it in terms of the connection I feel.

Should you buy it. Your Choice. Unfortunately, I doubt my reply will help you decide. My only advice is decide quickly!

Last edited:
The gun definitely needs weathering, there's no excuse at 1/3 scale. If the hair and likeness don't bother you then there really is nothing like JND, intensity is the right word for him!

hair recolored and restyle by tetsu_custom_studio @instagram

264095899_1749164055272569_1266021484182261289_n.jpg

258770406_1749164138605894_4555215619998954316_n.jpg
265160190_1749164105272564_8373175444761807772_n.jpg

Or it’s subjective and people have differing opinions. Telling that you believe anyone who disagrees with you is in denial.
In my post you quoted, I literally said that I'm sure in person it is mesmerising, and I was replying and complementing a collector who accepted its shortcomings. In a cordial and respectful way I might add

Some people can only focus on the negative comments, but that says more about you than me

I'm glad some people can accept it falls short in many ways
In my post you quoted, I literally said that I'm sure in person it is mesmerising, and I was replying and complementing a collector who accepted its shortcomings. In a cordial and respectful way I might add

Some people can only focus on the negative comments, but that says more about you than me
I'm glad some people can accept it falls short in many ways
All of your “cordial and respectful” posts read like backhanded compliments. Keep reaching.

Those that like this, including myself, don’t have to “accept” shortcomings that you’ve found as universal truths.

I absolutely disagree! I will say they saved themselves with that extra head. Because the statue was pretty bad. The pose the face. Way too much going on. I was blown away. I mean P1 is hit and miss. I have the bust on order that is it. The statue nope. I have the JND and the QS 1/4th artist edition on PO as well. These two are the best in my opinion. But either way everyone should be happy. Just done with Prime ones cutting corners.

The collectors who like the JND stuff are free to gush but I think they are kinda overrated. The Wonder Woman is the only piece that I feel is overwhelmingly great. Not that the rest are bad, they are nice but just way overpriced and not even necessarily better than their lower priced competition. A lot of what you are paying for is the low edition size and I can understand that being very appealing, it is a big plus.

All of your “cordial and respectful” posts read like backhanded compliments. Keep reaching.

Those that like this, including myself, don’t have to “accept” shortcomings that you’ve found as universal truths.
It's basically being passive aggressive, or most likely. I haven't read his comments. But I can go on and on about Prime 1 statue. So, we all have our differences. Just ignore him. We have a statue that will be very hard to get in the future. That is bad ass. I personally love it. This, "oh it does not look like heath bs." I see him, I just find one fault the hair color. I wish it was lighter. Other than that, enjoy it. People that constantly come back to put down a piece, just ignore it. It isn't worth the trouble. It's a great statue. Peace! Everyone has an opinion, it's cool. But easy 9/10 easy!

Back