Statue JND Studios: The Dark Knight - Ledger Joker 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good there, the stitching on the coat lapels looks a bit dodgy and the gun can use some weathering though

Is anyone on here considering selling their JND Joker?
My preorder was cancelled by the retailer so I am on the lookout for one now.

Same thing with the JND Catwoman, if anyone is looking to sell or transfer their PO,
please PM me.

Why are the lapels all crinkly like that? The stitching causing that? I’d hope that’s isolated as 1/6th stitching can be done.
The stitching is bad on all of them, it is too big and looks like one thread going down the length of the coat. Hopefully it can be straightened out but as realistic as the tailoring is, the stitches are too big and ruin the illusion

The stitching is bad on all of them, it is too big and looks like one thread going down the length of the coat. Hopefully it can be straightened out but as realistic as the tailoring is, the stitches are too big and ruin the illusion
Wow. Yeah that’s not good. Especially for the price. Like I said, surprised so many are overlooking these little details. You’re really paying for the rarity and premium materials. I was really hoping this would’ve gotten me on the JND train but hoping they can only increase the sculpt and accuracy down the road.

Just got mine, love it. I love the statue, but the plastic gun, come on man and the knife. Is a bit upsetting but I love the statue. Its so weird touching the face LOL. In person it looks pretty bad ass. Well, QS next and then that will do it for ledger.

another video

You know my foot was off as well. Not my arm but my foot was. Let me know what jnd says but thats an easy glue. At first I thought it was broke. I was like oh ****!!! But no it was the glue was off. Ya I go 9/10 Next is that Queen studios artist edition for me.

This is honestly the best I have seen this statue look, and although I had no intention of ordering this piece, I'm now actively trying to get one.

Whilst I understand the criticisms, I too thought it looked a bit crap in some early pics, but it's clear that with some adjustment of the clothes and hair it really is a stellar piece.

Is it perfect? No. I don't think any of the Ledger Joker statues released so far have been perfect. They've all come close but got their own issues, but overall it's still a very impressive piece and I'd be more than happy to own it.

You know my foot was off as well. Not my arm but my foot was. Let me know what jnd says but thats an easy glue. At first I thought it was broke. I was like oh ****!!! But no it was the glue was off. Ya I go 9/10 Next is that Queen studios artist edition for me.
oh man, this video isn't mine I just saw it the other day, I probably won't get mine for a while (in the UK). I'll have to keep an eye out for what the foot is like

Wow.

Okay. When you take a step back this looks FEROCIOUS! He genuinely looks like he's just taken a step to that pavement to hold his ground whilst shooting and about to get hit by Batman. I can't really describe it, but walking 360 degrees around him with some good lighting, this guy looks menacing, that pose was definitely well chosen.

The hair is easily adjustable, pulling some over his eye and a bit from his left ear forward instantly makes it better. The hairline is too pristine for sure, it could definitely do with some odd strands here and there to breakup the clean cut line they follow for plugging, but isn't really an issue at actual viewing distance.

The gun being plastic is a shame. However, I own the die cast gun on Arthur Fleck and it's great, but, if it's knocked and falls out it WILL chip the base. Having a die cast gun and knife would definitely make his interchangeable hands falls off, so probably for the best, a definite shame, but I can see why they did this, maybe lesser with the knife but definitely for the gun.

The base as always is incredible, great attention to detail, great uniformity amongst the pieces - they also really elevate the statue itself. This Joker IS on the streets of Gotham having a showdown with Batman, all it needs is some smoke coming from the manhole and you feel like you're in the actual scene.

The tailoring once again is done very well. Not really understanding the stitching complaints, not that big in person, or if the complaint is there isn't stitching that's just one of those things I'm not nit picky with. Great weathering and weight on the coat, clothes fit very well as they would a person.

The makeup is done really nicely. It's not too punchy, it's not too clean and it's not too dirty, it's a great choice and it's executed well, especially on the scars.

I own Arthur Fleck and WW from JND, and have to say this probably just about takes the most presence out of all of them. That pose man, you have to see it in person with some good light and shadow, it's freaking straight from the film. So for film realism and having a representation, that for me as a collector and what I hope to collect, of a character that holds so much weight and encapsulates the closest thing you can have to actually having that character sit as a statue, this is definitely the one.

I'd give it a 9/10, because the hairline should be messier and the hair colour shouldn't really be the same green throughout every strand. For everything else this really is as close as you can get at the moment to having the realest looking version of Heath's Joker.

But man, seeing JND go strength to strength with each piece is phenomenal. I can't wait to see how Harley Quinn looks. I'm not the greatest fan of the characters but knowing how those dentures and eyes together are going to look for the pure realism, that's the one to watch to see how JND ultimately solidify themselves as the leader in the most realistic looking statues.

As an aside, did anyone else in the UK order direct from JND, can't you PM your import tax and duty to me, mine was quite a bit higher than getting WW direct from them.

Attachments

• PXL_20211207_150353529.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20211207_150353529.PORTRAIT.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 93
  • PXL_20211207_150358077.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20211207_150358077.PORTRAIT.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 95
  • PXL_20211207_150448740.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20211207_150448740.PORTRAIT.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 103
  • PXL_20211207_150507715.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20211207_150507715.PORTRAIT.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 102
  • PXL_20211207_150516606.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20211207_150516606.PORTRAIT.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 96
  • PXL_20211207_150811220.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20211207_150811220.PORTRAIT.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 91
Mines still stuck in UK customs. As soon as I receive the customs invoice I will let you know
Fab pics by the way!

Mines still stuck in UK customs. As soon as I receive the customs invoice I will let you know
Fab pics by the way!

Cheers mate, please do let me know when you know, very interested.

Also make sure to check your emails and text messages for a message. They may have sent you an invoice already. I was waiting for Fedex to email me back querying my dispute with the price, then I got an email from JND saying Fedex contacted or clearance did and said if it's not cleared within a week or so it'd be sent back or destroyed, so just a heads up just in case, don' want that to happen!

Also for anyone wondering about the loose arm, technically it is, but it's supposed to be. If you hold the forearms of Arthur Fleck and Joker and push up through the shoulders the arms slide out. I'm guessing this is a design to easily put the tight fitting tailoring on the body, it's supposed to do this, they're not fixed to the body.

Thanks for the info. I have been in touch with FedEx and from what i have been told it’s awaiting customs clearance. Did you get my PM?

Just went away and came back to him, futzed the hair a bit more (people in these videos aren't doing this enough. Like JND recommends, use tweezers to pull strands in directions, and give volume to every part of the hair, after all this has shipping with a compression on the hair and lots of moving around, how it comes out of the box is not how it should look!), and I have to say with complete sincerity now...

Bumping this to a 9/10, and also firmly saying that anyone who did not pick this up have potentially missed out on what is the best Joker statue on the market. I hope those that have differences of opinion can see a nicely futzed version in person one day under some nice lighting to see this. It is actually unreal, I think the jump up in quality and what we get as a product from proto is the reason these cost what they do. These don't come out looking way off from the proto, they're either on par or better, I think that's a key difference why they cost so much.

But damn, I hope you all get to have a JND in hand one day, I think they're what most collectors are chasing for, that real version of the character they love. For me there's nothing that compares. Over the moon with this piece!

Back