JND / Kojun Works to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish they did something not comic related. InArt are doing great work, JND are just retreading the same tired ground.

Bruh, they're literally making an artist and a South Korean film character statue.

The same ground isn't being tread if a character, that yes, is produced a lot at that scale, but has never been done with seamless silicone features, glass eyes and rooted hair, that's not retreading ground. Now if they just did a plastic version then yeah, I get it.

I'd like a 1/6 Joker personally, and I was very much looking forward to Inarts, but cancelled my pre-order because for me it wasn't it. I was very much looking forward to Hot Toys but missed out, but in the end they're not really proven in what they're showing.

JND always meets prototype and delivers on time or before hand, so for me, I've not had anything 'official' Joker since the travesty of Hot Toys 1/4 many years ago and will probably jump on this. So I think there'll be a lot of collectors who have different iterations or no iteration that will be more than happy to welcome a new mass market perfected version of a 1/6 scale collectible that has never been done with these features.

Not to mention, if they do make the figure like, which has been suggested by Kojun working on this for years, the Al Pacino from Kojun, this will be the most accessible collectible of JND for collectors who aren't quite on board with their 1/3 and don't want to put down that money in fear of the results, to see how they work so well.

JND have a lot riding on this I think, but even more-so Kojun, this is, I think it's quite fair to say, his life's work coming to fruition in what he's spearheading.

I don’t think they will do Heat.

If you’ve been in this game as long as I have you probably remember the very first custom figures ever came from Kojun. They were godfather figures followed by Heat Pacino. The one posted on the first page was never released he did that a few years ago. The old one was legendary I think only a few were released in China and it went for a couple thousand dollars and this was when Rainman started making customs for only about 500. This was over a decade ago. Quality and inflation has caused all custom prices to rise.

Anyways Kojun did a lot of work for Hot Toys but not for awhile. He was art directing many heads and sculpting a few,

He’s so talented but I don’t think he’s the best with likeness. But he’s a genius. If a company can not limit his quality expectations he can do big things.

I never thought he was a great sculptor. In fact I believe Hot Toys only had a very small few truly great sculpts over the years like Yondu.

The Ahsoka line has been incredible though as shocking as the show itself is.

Last edited:
I agree, I don't think he's the best in terms of hyper-real likeness, he's got too much of an artists touch. But, at that, he is a phenomenal artist, and has great dedication and drive to progress the hobby.

Edit: Historically speaking, of course. I still personally think from what I own of his and including that Al Pacino he makes some features hyperbolic, giving it a more stylistic feel. Yet, he might just make one of the best most spot-on renditions with this, who knows. Either way, the likeness will be there, and the realism of seamless silicone at this scale that the 1/3 statues bring, it's going to be one for the ages.

can JND do 1/6 similar to this quality? :ROFLMAO:
1700696448043.png
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And what a way to show it with another Ledger Joker.

joker-heath-ledger.gif

Would be nice though if they would do a new Raiders Indy but with hopefully a better likeness than that statue they're doing.

God if they announce an Indy from Raiders or Last Crusade I would be ecstatic. Hopefully one of the companies does it, I'm seeing him requested everywhere now.

Yeah it didn't feel right getting that DX back then. The packaging was so great too.

It's an annoying itch in the hobby, I'm surprised no one has done it properly since, but that could also be down to Ford and Disney.

Yeah, the only way we’ll ever get any variety is if a new, original property comes out and is beloved by all and deemed to be a profitable venture.
Until then, it’s proven big-sellers only.

Back