JND / Kojun Works to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this is the confirmation that Heath Ledger Joker is just the most iconic character in the 1/6 scale world.

I'm curious to see what they will do and I can't Say i'm not interested even tho i already have great custom heads and Inart's rooted pack.

I just can't stop being interested by Heath Ledger Joker figures.

Idk maybe I'm too old or something but I love the toy look. I'm not into seamless stuff especially with 1/6 scale made with silicone, gonna crack like hell.
It's one of the reasons I typically prefer 1/6 figures over statues. Besides the articulation obviously, there's something else - I've never been able to state it precisely but it's like... the inherent and at-times-visible limitations of the medium and scale actually make the artistry more impressive in a way. Maybe it allows for more artistic interpretation too, a lil wiggle room. At times I've pondered whether if, in future, we could somehow have genuinely lifelike or life-identical miniature versions of characters - consider the future of augmented reality, maybe one day you can have a seemingly real-as-real-can-be 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker that can sit or stand or dance around on your furniture and you'd be fully tricked into believing it's physically present, and indistinguishable from the real man, but like...do I want that? Does anyone want that? And taking a step back from that, if I could have a figure that truly seemed like little flesh and blood human being, do I want that? I dunno, maybe not. It's weird cos ostensibly that's the end point or end goal of the pursuit of more and more realism but yeh... somehow it'd feel to me like the art is gone (and might start bordering on creepy, for that matter)

Not at all.....someone asked him in the chat if it was going to be $1000

Ah, I see.

First 1/6 being Ledger Joker and a commentary on the price puts it in direct comparison with Inart. Glad that isn't the case.

Those innovations you mentioned are not new to 1/6. They have been around for about 10 years. But not really perfected, and certainly not for mass production.

I guess what I am trying to say is that if it were easy (or even possible), someone would have perfected it by now

I've never seen it outside of Kojun, at least in terms of silicone and glass eyes. I know Hot Toys and Phicen(?) Have done seamless, but like you said, not perected.

I'd imagine if anyone were to perfect it is JND and Kojun. His tests from the off look much better than what we have ever got. Not to mention, JND's ability to produce at mass scale on par or better than their prototypes with difficult materials, along with Kojuns perfection of glass eyes, this Joker will be pretty special.

In terms of likenesses, well, Kojuns sculpts are by far the most problematic, they're too caricature-like, and sit in the mid 80-90% likeness for me. From what I own, though, Bale has a very great liekeness, WW84 is spot-in, and Pattinson is 100%, especially the cowl version.

Kojun and Yulli were the hit and miss kings at HT I remember. Back when they'd release a figure with no improvements.

I have a glimmer that they'll somehow release an Indy since they have their foot in the door with Disney.

An other Joker 🤢
Certainly with silicone head and hands (useless on 1/6) which will explode the price and accentuate deterioration over time...
Moreover the JND statues have always had a likeness problem on their HS, look this 1/3 Joker and imagine that in 1/6
Joker JND.jpeg

Their likeness problem is still not fix with their last statues, their Wonder Woman wich will release soon have facial issue too

An other Joker 🤢
Certainly with silicone head and hands (useless on 1/6) which will explode the price and accentuate deterioration over time...
Moreover the JND statues have always had a likeness problem on their HS, look this 1/3 Joker and imagine that in 1/6
AView attachment 674591

Their likeness problem is still not fix with their last statues, their Wonder Woman wich will release soon have facial issue too

I think the latest WW is the best Gal Gadot hyper realistic figure on the market right now. I agree, not all of JND's figures have been on-point, but then, neither has any other company had a 100% hit rate. They've all had their misses.

I believe the reason why JND gets the most criticism, is really because of cost.....maybe rightfully so. But there's a point where the critique becomes so ingrained in the expected community response that it borders on negative propaganda and hate for the sake of hate.

First 1/6 being Ledger Joker and a commentary on the price puts it in direct comparison with Inart. Glad that isn't the case.
Would that be a bad thing?

Direct comparisons to InArt are inevitable if they’re gonna be making the exact same characters in the same scale at a higher-than-HT price-point.

Direct comparison becomes necessary to work out the best value for money.

I have to say I’m very disappointed that it’s yet another Ledger Joker. From the outset, it indicates a lack of ambition to stray from what’s already been tried and tested, and the market is a little oversaturated with that character at the moment. A couple of years after the Artisan Joker releases would be fine but this approach just feels like copycat syndrome.

I told them that they had one chance to come out of the gate standing apart from the crowd by making some other character aside from The Joker.

Got flamed by TDK fanboys.

Would that be a bad thing?

Direct comparisons to InArt are inevitable if they’re gonna be making the exact same characters in the same scale at a higher-than-HT price-point.

Direct comparison becomes necessary to work out the best value for money.

I have to say I’m very disappointed that it’s yet another Ledger Joker. From the outset, it indicates a lack of ambition to stray from what’s already been tried and tested, and the market is a little oversaturated with that character at the moment. A couple of years after the Artisan Joker releases would be fine but this approach just feels like copycat syndrome.

Here are photos of the final version:
402190262_1082766799560378_6145769535887946835_n.jpg

402278634_1082766802893711_8246358967187086618_n.jpg

It's not Gal Gadot.
What's this face? This Mouth?

For the crazy price it's unacceptable, InArt should not be the only ones to question themselves and have completely corrected their HS to give us Perfection.

This should be mandatory for JND given the unsuitable price for their products.

Where I agree is that we have never really had a perfect Gal Gadot as a statue or figure.

And for me JND didn't succeed either, which is why I'm waiting for the InArt version because for the moment they never missed

View attachment 674607
View attachment 674609

It's not Gal Gadot.

For the crazy price it's unacceptable, InArt should not be the only ones to question themselves and have completely corrected their HS to give us Perfection.

Where I agree is that we have never really had a perfect Gal Gadot as a statue or figure.

And for me JND didn't succeed either, which is why I'm waiting for the InArt version because for the moment they never missed
I think you meant to respond to the post above mine.

I agree that their final WW sculpt sucks.
Good luck getting anyone who committed a few grand to buying one to admit it though.

The skin texture, pigmentation, the eyes, hair application and styling, the paint work, and materials used are all top notch, but the likeness and expression have failed, which downgrades the entire piece far more than something like an inaccurate vambrace, shin guard, or missing paint detail would.

JND just seem unable to get the most important aspect of any character-based collectible right; the likeness.

View attachment 674607
View attachment 674609

It's not Gal Gadot.

I'm ok with the fact that you and others don't like it, in this industry (scale figures) companies are simply not going to be able to please everyone. I'm also not buying this to please anyone else's opinion but my own, and as long as I see Gal Gadot in this piece I'm satisfied.
I think you meant to respond to the post above mine.

I agree that their final WW sculpt sucks.
Good luck getting anyone who committed a few grand to buying one to admit it though.

The skin texture, pigmentation, the eyes, hair application and styling, the paint work, and materials used are all top notch, but the likeness and expression have failed, which downgrades the entire piece far more than something like an inaccurate vambrace, shin guard, or missing paint detail would.

JND just seem unable to get the most important aspect of any character-based collectible right; the likeness.

As someone who's throwing down the money on this piece, you can trust I'd be very critical of the final outcome....I have actual skin in the game. It doesn't make sense for me to defend the piece if I didn't actually think it was great. I'm biased not because I'm spending money, but because I think it's genuinely good. Remember, no one is forced to buy this stuff.

A lot of people run JND down, and in most cases they've never seen a piece in person. Those same people gush over Prime 1 and Sideshow as if these companies produce the pinnacle of statue perfection.....and in the end, it's all about money. The simple fact is, from a money point of view, these JND pieces are not meant for everyone.

I'm ok with the fact that you and others don't like it, in this industry (scale figures) companies are simply not going to be able to please everyone. I'm also not buying this to please anyone else's opinion but my own, and as long as I see Gal Gadot in this piece I'm satisfied.

As someone who's throwing down the money on this piece, you can trust I'd be very critical of the final outcome....I have actual skin in the game. It doesn't make sense for me to defend the piece if I didn't actually think it was great. I'm biased not because I'm spending money, but because I think it's genuinely good. Remember, no one is forced to buy this stuff.

A lot of people run JND down, and in most cases they've never seen a piece in person. Those same people gush over Prime 1 and Sideshow as if these companies produce the pinnacle of statue perfection.....and in the end, it's all about money. The simple fact is, from a money point of view, these JND pieces are not meant for everyone.
As long as you are happy with it, we all are happy for you!

I just have to be critical of anything that is supposedly incapable of conveying its quality or accuracy via photo or film.

For example- both 1/4 and 1/3 Blitzway Geralts look fantastic in every picture I see of them, thus I would have confidence to put money down for them- if I really wanted either.

If I have to simply have faith that a JND piece will somehow not look as sickly and hungover as photos indicate after I’ve paid for and can observe the physical object in person; I’m just not willing to make that gamble.

Back