JND / Kojun Works to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's certainly impressive, but totally seamless bodies isn't something I care enough about to pay super premium prices for. And I'd still rather have a great likeness than anything else.

It's certainly impressive, but totally seamless bodies isn't something I care enough about to pay super premium prices for. And I'd still rather have a great likeness than anything else.
Doesn't appear to be fully seamless bodies just seamless parts of the body like the lower arms+hands and head+neck that they show. The rest will more than likely be a standard 1/6 body. Of course a body of their own design, but from what we can see it won't be a fully seamless body unless I missed something in the video

Definitely glad to see new types of technology and innovations being used in the 1/6 scale world. The only thing they need to do is make different characters from everyone else……… unless it’s Star Wars 😂

Intriguing.

What I'm curious about is the paintwork. Historically I know well adhered silicone paintwork is a rare thing. I wonder how they plan to account for it.

Magnetic eyes make sense, but are also easier to execute with the silicone set up.

Glass eyes seem as superfluous as die cast. In practice, on a shelf, I can't see them looking THAT different to well finished plastic in 1/6.

I wonder if the hands are a wire armature or actual joints. Either way, I imagine it'll include both types of hands.

Likeness looks good.

Intriguing.

What I'm curious about is the paintwork. Historically I know well adhered silicone paintwork is a rare thing. I wonder how they plan to account for it.
That might be why they got a patent for it and the other new advancements they're promoting in the video. If they "broke the code" for the paint issue, I imagine they want to keep that to themselves, so no one else copies it and starts coming out with the same tech they're using.

They're several statues deep in their 1/3 line, they already have proven to know how to paint realistically on silicone. And the improvements from Fleck through to Pattinson Batman are clear to see on top.

They're several statues deep in their 1/3 line, they already have proven to know how to paint realistically on silicone. And the improvements from Fleck through to Pattinson Batman are clear to see on top.
While true, the difference here is that you'll need to touch the painted head to articulate them. Even though folks do tend to touch the JND 1/3 statue headsculpts to experience the silicone, they aren't necessarily meant to be frequently touched and stressed in the way that a 1/6 articulated figure are for posing. So the hope is that it won't start to rub off with frequent handling.

While true, the difference here is that you'll need to touch the painted head to articulate them. Even though folks do tend to touch the JND 1/3 statue headsculpts to experience the silicone, they aren't necessarily meant to be frequently touched and stressed in the way that a 1/6 articulated figure are for posing. So the hope is that it won't start to rub off with frequent handling.

Ah yes, I misunderstood the context. From what I understand, the silicone absorbs some of the paint like real skin also, so unlike PVC or other plastics where the paint sits directly on the surface, with silicone the paint will be partially absorbed. I may be wrong, but that's my understanding at least.

I'm sure Kojun has worked this out in the many years he's worked on the tech. It's one of the reasons why I think he partnered with JND also, they keep all their tech in house.

But I hope JND release great info in handling, it's bad enough the hate JND receive from people who have never even owned a statue, it'll be worse with people who don't properly handle more delicate materials complaining about a product that they mishandle.

In my opinion, these features are cool in theory, but so unnecessary. There's a straightforwardness to 1/6 (in terms of price, materials, and modularity) that's completely gone out the window here. A skull under a silicone face? At that scale? :lol Why? Just to show off that it's possible? How's that going to matter once it's on your shelf?

InArt has the right idea by focusing on things we can see: quality materials, sculpt/paint fidelity, and hiding the most obvious joints with switch-outs. What JND offers is an aggressive, overcomplicated, expensive, possibly fragile solution for problems that don't exist to me.

More power to those that need their collectibles to be anatomically correct on the inside, but I'd like to own a home one day.

Last edited:
Easily 1k + for a figure! This will definitely be aimed at jnd collectors or the high high end market collectors, would be surprised if this is below 1k.

The magnet eye thing is interesting, very cool but the seamless arms etc feel very wasted on joker as you don't see his arms apart from in the jail scene.

Also the matter of will that silicone last!

Easily 1k + for a figure! This will definitely be aimed at jnd collectors or the high high end market collectors, would be surprised if this is below 1k.

The magnet eye thing is interesting, very cool but the seamless arms etc feel very wasted on joker as you don't see his arms apart from in the jail scene.

Also the matter of will that silicone last!

They already said their 1/6 won't cost 1k$... so probably 999,90$!

In my opinion, these features are cool in theory, but so unnecessary. There's a straightforwardness to 1/6 (in terms of price, materials, and modularity) that's completely gone out the window here. A skull under a silicone face? At that scale? :lol Why? Just to show off that it's possible? How's that going to matter once it's on your shelf?
Based on what I know about the squishiness of silicone, the skull inside actually serves a purpose of structure inside the silicone head so that you don't just squish and potentially warp and destroy the head when articulating the head/neck. Now, does it need to look like an actual skull? no, probably not at all, at least not to the level of detail they've put in it. But there does need to be something inside the silicone here for the armature to hold onto, the eyes to sit into and for the head to not collapse on itself when articulating it.

There's another company that has made a silicone head for The Rock (Coo Model I believe) that also included a skull for the head and eyes to sit into.

Edit: Found it

coo-sg001p14__37350.1634150994.jpg

coo-sg001p11__44339.1634150996.jpg

Last edited:
Based on what I know about silicone, the skull inside actually serves a purpose of structure inside the silicone head so that you don't just squish and potentially warp and destroy the head when articulating the head/neck. Now, does it need to look like an actual skull? no, not at all. But there does need to be something inside the silicon here for the armature to hold onto and and for the head to not collapse on itself when articulating it.

There's another company that has made a silicone head for The Rock that also included a scull for the head and eyes to sit into.
That’s actually awesome! Looks like I’m going to be broke next year too 🤷🏽‍♂️

Back