Jazzinc 1/6 Batman 1989 Batwing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For some reason, I don't think duties apply to toys. I've read elsewhere that toys marked $800 and higher don't get charged for duties even with couriers.

You may be right - this is my first significant import, so I'll have to see.

In researching further, "toys" may be the wrong HS code. From flexport.com:

"Toys, or children’s products, are defined as products designed for use by children aged 12 or younger. When importing children’s products, it is important to be aware of the wide-ranging and strict safety standards these products are held to. In general, all children’s products imported into the United States must be certified as meeting these standards in a Children’s Product Certificate. This certification must accompany products entering the US."

The 1966 batmobile is currently supposed to ship to me in the September/October time frame. I assume that whatever classification Joost uses on that will apply to the 1989 batwing, which may also ship before the end of the year.

I guess we'll see. Worst case, it costs a little more, but at this point, what's an outhouse on the Taj Mahal? ;)

On the website, if you buy it right now, it's $2499USD and $313.32 estimated shipping. I'm sure shipping will fluctuate. For US Import duty, using an HS code of 9404.90.9500 (Toy - 7.3%), the duty is $182.43. The total is just shy of $3K at $2994.75 FOB.

I bought mine really early in December of 2019, and got in before all of the price increases. Total landed cost will be under $2500.
thanks for the breakdown. that's a substantial discount ordering back in 2019, but holy hell that was before the virus hit us...another world...another time. I've had my eye on this for a while. Passed on the Toynami Batwing, that is one of the few pieces in my collectible journey that got away.

“Pre-Mask prices” for sure ;)

Back then, it was a bit of a risk (if you could call it that) to order because jazzinc was sort of a star wars diorama maker and joost was a one man shop. There really wasn’t anything he had out there you could point to in terms of vehicles. This was before the bvs batmobile was designed and he had just started taking orders for the 1966 batmobile. In fact, they were only supposed to make a dozen of the batwings worldwide at the time I ordered and they were hoping to get that many. I remember one of the perks was that he would include an engraved sort of placard you could display with it that basically said whatever you wanted.

He’s clearly done well for himself and I’m fortunate to have been able to “take the risk” on this.

If you have the means and the space, it’s definitely one of those pieces that will make the room (y)

JazzInc just posted a video on their facebook page, comparing the size of their 1989 Batwing to their BVS, 1966 and The Batman Batmobiles, aswell as their Bat Signal......:)

Fantastic piece!
But it’s absolutely huge!
3D27EBB4-ACAE-4CA3-AA9F-72B1D4B430E0.jpeg

Makes me think of this:

0B599878-726F-4A19-94D1-1F5820F50215.jpeg

As with their other Bat vehicles, JazzInc have done an AMAZING job with this........:)

I think there's 3 metal legs for landing gear that can be converted to wall mounting option.

This is outside my wheelhouse, scale and price.

Wow 89 Bat merch is having a full renaissance,
Whose doing the full moon wall art to hang it on?

51JXptlg8QL._AC_SL1024_.jpg

Last edited:
Oh and looks like batwing production # is set.. Joost mentioned that 85% are sold.. so don't procrastinate too long!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230217-074915_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230217-074915_Chrome.jpg
    389.3 KB · Views: 0
I really want to see an inhand review to gauge the size in a regular persons collection. But I’m gonna place my order in a few days.

Back