Jazzinc 1/6 Batman 1989 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rondesmo

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, as the project seems officially launched, I think we can open a dedicated thread.

As I already got the HT one, and even if it is my favorite vehicle from my favorite movie, I’m not sure I can afford and justify a 2K Batmobile. (looks gonna be a Limited signature edition)
Very curious to follow the development and final product though.
Maybe I could be blown away and change my mind.

For the moment, and even If i perfectly understand that is a very 1st rough sketch, it seems to me very off.
I do not agree with Joost concerning the arches of the wings. It doesn’t look so curvy on the original car as we can see on set pics.
CB17FA07-1200-4363-9E04-BD27CB06E466.jpeg

3173474F-CDF1-4ED3-B21E-8956969E4432.jpeg

Even if the HT one isn’t perfect, they pretty nailed this area IMO.
DB9681EF-4302-4CBE-B07D-521DACF2444B.jpeg

957DDAA4-EDB1-40EE-B2CE-25B403D2AE1A.png

Iron Studios felt in this trap by going too far in the curvy effect IMO.
C565F884-6691-4ACB-9574-43BFCDC79093.jpeg

The 1989 Batmobile isn’t so easy to replicate. The shape is much more complex than it seems and the fact that it appears only at nighttime isn’t an advantage.
And if you add all the wrong replicas saws this last 30 years, it becomes really complicated.

And you, what do you think guys?

Last edited:
Completely agree with you Rondesmo, regarding Iron Studio's 1989 Batmobile, as the shape of the body is WAY off, with the curves at the front of the Batmobile [where it should be flat], and the 2 Bat wings at the rear of the car being too short.......:(

I missed out on the HT Batmobile as I couldn't afford it. I would love a more-accurate Batmobile but if it's really at $2K, I'm afraid I'd have to miss out on it again.

I agree too - the rendering looks way off and a bit derpy-lookin'. Biggest eyesore throwing it off is the front DRL's (which he addresses) but the line of the car - from the rear fin to the front fender - dips too far low in the middle. From the shots you shared, the line plateaus at the front of the canopy. I could nit-pick all day but those were the two most glaring issues to me.

Looking at the Hot Toys again, it's pretty faithful to the look of the Batmobile actually. It just needed to be a bit longer, with softer curves.

I missed out on the HT Batmobile as I couldn't afford it. I would love a more-accurate Batmobile but if it's really at $2K, I'm afraid I'd have to miss out on it again.
2K here in France because of the 20% VAT. 2100 exactly with shipping.
in the US it would be circa 1600$ + 200€ shipping.

Hopefully JazzInc will do this justice, and make the most screen accurate version of the greatest Batmobile ever.......:)

As JazzInc are making the 89 Batmobile, it will be interesting to see if they also make the Batman Returns Batmobile........:unsure:

« Reasonable » wasn’t really the word that comes in mind when speaking of a 2K collectible… I would have said outrageously expensive instead…
The 590€ of my HT were reasonable in comparison.
But hard to compare with a 10 years old product, market and economical context…

And if you add the fact that Joost’s one will be largely updated and upgraded, and he got limited manufacturing ressources compared to HT and that it will be a very very limited edition.

So let’s see how it turns…

Back