Jazzinc 1/6 Batman 1989 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As this is licensed now I get that Jazzinc is required to have box artwork that will meet DC/WB requirements, but I can't help wondering what additional feature(s) we could have gotten if this just came in a boring cardboard box. No matter how nice the boxes look, 99% of them are still just going to end up in either storage or a landfill lol.
I can’t imagine the cost of a printed box would add much of anything to the actual product.
But the box to me adds something to the overall “wow” factor of the product inside.

I appreciate that Joost continues to give back when he doesn’t have to. That money could have easily just been counted as profit and we would have been none the wiser. Instead, it was important to him to do one more improvement.

Thanks @JazzInc !

I can’t imagine the cost of a printed box would add much of anything to the actual product.
But the box to me adds something to the overall “wow” factor of the product inside.
Yeah probably not and while I agree the box art is cool and very nicely executed, at the end of the day (for me) its "wow" factor will only last for the few seconds it takes to open it and see the actual vehicle. After that it'll quickly go back inside the cardboard shipper and then end up in the rafters of my garage with the boxes for my 3 other 1/6 scale batmobiles. Maybe your situation is different but I don't have the room in my living space for any 4' x 2' x 1.5' boxes. Accommodating the vehicles themselves is challenge enough lol.

I appreciate that Joost continues to give back when he doesn’t have to. That money could have easily just been counted as profit and we would have been none the wiser. Instead, it was important to him to do one more improvement.

Thanks @JazzInc !
Hey, I'm one of Joost's biggest fans and agree that he's always trying to give us as much as possible for the price (he's obviously not in it for the money), but in this case I don't consider creating box art that he's probably contractually obligated to create as a product "improvement". Plus the box art was always going to be high quality as that's how Joost approaches everything he makes. He now has a reputation for excellence, so continuing to deliver at that level doesn't qualify as an improvement.

How do the “batches” work with JazzInc? If you pay off a preorder in full, is there potential for it to be moved to one of the earlier batches?

This is my first time ordering with them.

How do the “batches” work with JazzInc? If you pay off a preorder in full, is there potential for it to be moved to one of the earlier batches?

This is my first time ordering with them.
Yes.
I was able to move up into an earlier batch by paying off my Batwing.
IIRC, they contacted me via email to give me that option, I assume due to either cancellations or earlier batch customers needing more time to make payments.

Yes.
I was able to move up into an earlier batch by paying off my Batwing.
IIRC, they contacted me via email to give me that option, I assume due to either cancellations or earlier batch customers needing more time to make payments.

Awesome, thank you. :hi5:

Question for the expert jazzinc buyers,

This is my first purchase with them, I jumped and was able to secure their little 300 dollars NRD upcharge. Anyways, when I preordered, my payments fo rmy plan was 116 bucks and some change. I wake up this morning to make my monthly payment and its 249 dollars. Has anyone seen this before?

Question for the expert jazzinc buyers,

This is my first purchase with them, I jumped and was able to secure their little 300 dollars NRD upcharge. Anyways, when I preordered, my payments fo rmy plan was 116 bucks and some change. I wake up this morning to make my monthly payment and its 249 dollars. Has anyone seen this before?

How many months did you set your payment plan? Are you backed up with the monthly payments? That 300 doesn't count towards the monthly due.

How many months did you set your payment plan? Are you backed up with the monthly payments? That 300 doesn't count towards the monthly due.
Everyything is fine.

For some reason, the system thinks I am behind, but I am not. I was clear past the threshold for the NRD. I was just shocked. I just paid it just to avoid any issues, but now payment are 99 bucks instead of 116 for the next 8 months.

Everyything is fine.

For some reason, the system thinks I am behind, but I am not. I was clear past the threshold for the NRD. I was just shocked. I just paid it just to avoid any issues, but now payment are 99 bucks instead of 116 for the next 8 months.

Same thing happened with my account. I was past the threshold but was still billed $249 last month which didn't seem right. Then I saw future payments scheduled at $99, so I just paid it to avoid the hassle of trying to readjust the pay plan or what not.

The payment plan schedule doesn’t matter, as long as you pay your balance off by the end of the plan you’re fine, you do not have to pay every month. If you want to have a chance at moving up a batch, pay it off quickly.

Joost has explained this before. The system works as:
You place a pre-order with $100 deposit and the system calculates the monthly payment.
When the NRD changes to $300, the system recalculates what your monthly payment would have been and where you should be at this point if you had paid $300 in the beginning. So the system now thinks that you are behind and that is why you get a large payment.
For example: You bought the 89 Batmobile for $1500 on a 12 month payment plan. $100 NRD leaves $1400 over 12 months or $116.67/month. After 4 months production begins and the NRD changes to $300. You have paid at this point $100 NRD and 4x$116.67 or a total of $566.67.
But the system now assumes you to have paid $300 NRD which changes your monthly payment to $1200/12 or $100/month. Based on this schedule you should have paid $300 NRD and 4x$100 or a total of $700. The system believes you are behind by $700-$566.67 or $133.33. Month 5 payment rolls around and it will be $133.33 that you are “behind” and the additional month of $100 for a total of $233.33.

You can make up the “behind” portion in one month or use the whole payment plan to “catch up”. Nothing will happen to your order as long as you keep paying.

If you wanted to you could wait till the last month of the plan to pay it off completely as long as you’ve paid over the new NRD amount and nothing would happen to your order. His payment plans aren’t strict like Sideshows, the dates don’t matter if you’re on a manual plan instead of automatic. Automatic plan will charge your card every month on the listed date without fail, this is why I preferred manual.

If you wanted to you could wait till the last month of the plan to pay it off completely as long as you’ve paid over the new NRD amount and nothing would happen to your order. His payment plans aren’t strict like Sideshows, the dates don’t matter if you’re on a manual plan instead of automatic. Automatic plan will charge your card every month on the listed date without fail, this is why I preferred manual.

So can we can delay some payments to get in the later batches?

I’m currently in the 3rd batch but want to push back into the 4th and final batch - not because I can’t afford to pay but I want to put off the shipment as long as possible.

I currently don’t have the space or display cases yet for the Batmobile - still need to make a Moducase order and move some furniture around.

Last edited:
Bat Signal 80S GIF

I’m currently in the 3rd batch but want to push back into the 4th and final batch - not because I can’t afford to pay but I want to put off the shipment as long as possible.

I currently don’t have the space or display cases yet for the Batmobile - still need to make a Moducase order and move some furniture around.
It might be a better idea just to reach out to him and simply ask if he could put you in the fourth batch and continue to pay the man the money you owe him like you agreed to. That way, both of you could plan for it.

I was told from Jazzinc that when you’re on a manual payment plan, the specific scheduled payment dates don’t mean anything once you’ve paid over the $300 NRD. All that matters is it’s paid off by the end of the plan.

You can either continue with the dates, pay it all off in the last couple of months left, or pay it completely anywhere in between. This is not to get to be pushed into a later batch, you either pay completely by the last scheduled date or you lose your order.

I’d be safe and still make regular payments. JazzInc’s website mentions that you have to make a payment at least every three months, or it could get cancelled.

Back