Jazzinc 1/6 Batman 1989 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now, the facts are the HT version is #1 only because it’s been released already and we all know what people are going to get in hand. That right there is satisfaction because you know exactly what you are getting. Unfortunately Jazzinc has only provided us with specs and that’s what we are basing our comparison too. I have Jazzinc on order and I am confident Joost will deliver but until we see and actual prototype there is no debate on which one is better at the moment.

On a side note if Jazzinc can’t deliver what they are saying then you have the choice of canceling and will be able to get the HT version at a fraction of the price because it will be available well after orders close at Jazzinc. Unfortunately you will lose a NRD but will still be able to get a version of it.

I decided to go with jazzinc assuming that if Hot Toys were to release the 1989 again, it'd just be a reissue with no improvements. I'm confident that jazzinc will be more accurate. The only thing I'm worried about is the qc. I know they are good with handling issues but I'd prefer to not have any to deal with at all. For something that is doubled the price of HT, I really hope there aren't common qc issues :pray:

Right now, the facts are the HT version is #1 only because it’s been released already and we all know what people are going to get in hand. That right there is satisfaction because you know exactly what you are getting. Unfortunately Jazzinc has only provided us with specs and that’s what we are basing our comparison too. I have Jazzinc on order and I am confident Joost will deliver but until we see and actual prototype there is no debate on which one is better at the moment.

On a side note if Jazzinc can’t deliver what they are saying then you have the choice of canceling and will be able to get the HT version at a fraction of the price because it will be available well after orders close at Jazzinc. Unfortunately you will lose a NRD but will still be able to get a version of it.
It’s a fact that the HT 1989 batmobile is #1? I’m not sure that’s an actual fact. If you meant that, for a long time, the HT version was the only one available, so it was the best available, I get it and that was the case. But IMO, that is certainly not the case today.

I’ve had the HT 89 batmobile for a number of years, and now the Jazzinc on order. The actual fact is, the quality of the research and engineering that goes into the jazzinc version is already much more significant than the HT rerelease. As such, it follows that the quality and accuracy of the jazzinc product will be much higher than that of HT, hence the price. The other fact is that not everyone will spend the amount of the jazzinc version (for whatever reason), so they may pickup the HT version. Hopefully, everyone that makes a purchase will be happy with their purchase down the road.

No doubt there will be all kinds of justifications bandied about for any given purchase made (or purchase not made) by any given individual, but if someone needs to be reassured by an anonymous internet crowd, that's their prerogative. It’s sad, but it happens all the time.

I already have two Jazzinc vehicles, and the notion that Joost couldn't deliver on a batmobile he sets out to design isn't even a fleeting thought that runs through my mind. If anyone is going to forfeit their NRD, I’m pretty sure it won’t have anything to do with the quality of the product.

Last edited:
It’s a fact that the HT 1989 batmobile is #1? I’m not sure that’s an actual fact. If you meant that, for a long time, the HT version was the only one available, so it was the best available, I get it and that was the case. But IMO, that is certainly not the case today.

I’ve had the HT 89 batmobile for a number of years, and now the Jazzinc on order. The actual fact is, the quality of the research and engineering that goes into the jazzinc version is already much more significant than the HT rerelease. As such, it follows that the quality and accuracy of the jazzinc product will be much higher than that of HT, hence the price. The other fact is that not everyone will spend the amount of the jazzinc version (for whatever reason), so they may pickup the HT version. Hopefully, everyone that makes a purchase will be happy with their purchase down the road.

No doubt there will be all kinds of justifications bandied about for any given purchase made (or purchase not made) by any given individual, but if someone needs the to be reassured by an anonymous internet crowd, that's their prerogative. It’s sad, but it happens all the time.

I already have two Jazzinc vehicles, and the notion that Joost couldn't deliver on a batmobile he sets out to design isn't even a fleeting thought that runs through my mind. If anyone is going to forfeit their NRD, I’m pretty sure it won’t have anything to do with the quality of the product.
That's exactly what I mean by saying HT is #1 for the moment. Comparing the prices is one thing but until we get a prototype made there is no way you can compare the two yet. I have no doubt Joost will deliver a superior product that's why I ordered both his 89 Batwing (which I am hoping gets shipped next month) and his 89 Batmobile. I agree with you, Joost has done his homework on this project. He not only has WB backing him up but he is also in contact with people who own and know the Batmobile. He is going above and beyond and that's why I ordered it regardless of price.

All I meant with the NRD was when he shows renders of the physical proto and if someone doesn't like what they see but still want a Batmobile they could always cancel and have the HT version to fall back on. Nothing to do with quality of it. That is determined when you receive it. After that if you don't like it, full refund.

Thanks for clarifying - that makes perfect sense.

Are you sure you can return the product after you’ve got it for a full refund? I wasn’t aware that was an option, but if so, that’s pretty incredible. I know he says he stands behind his product, but I thought that was for things like any flaws, defects, or shipping damage. I know shipping alone has run in the $200ish range for the cars, and will be over $300 for the batwing (I haven’t got the actual shipping charge yet), so he eats all of that, plus return shipping too?

Not sure. In the case of a return because you don’t like the product, the return’s shipping costs have to be paid by the customer IMO.

I think the general rule for returns is the customer fronts the bill, usually with a restocking fee included. Unless the item was defective or an error on part of the supplier or manufacturer, then the return shipping charge is typically waived.

It's interesting watching the Hot Toys vs JazzInc battle brewing in various places. Like people don't have to take sides the way they are but they're itching for a fight. As always, there's a small faction of people out there looking to unnecessarily stir the pot for various reasons, be it simple tribalism, envy, or just for kicks.

I'm not getting either, but no one should be disparaging any of you that went in for the JazzInc 1989 Batmobile. It's not the same thing. It costs more for a reason. But the Hot Toys version is great too, especially for the price.

I owned the original Hot Toys version and it's a phenomenal piece. But there was room for improvement that Hot Toys would never make.

JazzInc is poised to make those improvements with their version which has a chance at being a replica more than the big action figure accessory the Hot Toys version can felt a bit like (which is not a bad thing).

Is accuracy worth the cost? Well, that's something that's applicable to many types of collectibles and purely based on the individual. That's why some people are all in on InArt over Hot Toys and Asmus or why some of us want RS helmets and not Black Series or and many other examples.
Extremely well said. We all have our specific taste and that is what makes this hobby so enjoyable.

Well, if there is such as a thing as
a full refund for product dissatisfaction ( a.k.a. buyer’s remorse), it’s not discussed on the website. Honestly, I didn’t expect such a thing existed.

I don’t understand how someone would watch all the product videos, early review releases, etc., and get something so different from what they expected that they would demand a refund. That just doesn’t seem very realistic to me.

Personally, I'm going to try and buy both Batmobiles. I never owned the HT one, but always wanted it. From the looks of everything Jazzinc makes and that video of the Batwing has me sold on their iteration of this car. I like the '89 design enough to own this twice. I do own a Richman's Toys RC Batmobile from ages ago, not sure it works anymore, but that was a fun toy.

Personally, I'm going to try and buy both Batmobiles. I never owned the HT one, but always wanted it. From the looks of everything Jazzinc makes and that video of the Batwing has me sold on their iteration of this car. I like the '89 design enough to own this twice. I do own a Richman's Toys RC Batmobile from ages ago, not sure it works anymore, but that was a fun toy.
Would be great to see a comparison when they're both in hand!

It will certainly look like this.

C6C245BF-518C-49E6-B8DD-31A50AE2BB56.jpeg

Last edited:
One in our bedroom, one elsewhere in the house. I want the continuity of a angry wife throughout the whole house. Got that afterlife ecto-1 coming soon too, but that has a little different aesthetic to it for comparison.

I would be much more likely to go with Jazz if it was just the $1,499 + shipping but, seeing as they’ll add VAT and then I’ll have to pay customs and more VAT on the total including shipping cost once it’s in the U.K., it would cost me around $2,300 altogether. Living here really sucks for collecting- and most areas of life tbf.
Once I knew I could get HT’s for $915 all in, the matter was settled.

I’ll enjoy looking at pictures of Jazz’ finished product but I need that $1,400 I’m saving more than I need a slightly longer and more accurate Batmobile.

Yeah at 2 300 $ i would have passed too. Way too expensive.
Personally, with VAT it costed me 1 798$ = 1660€ + 100€ shipping ( estimated),
So 1760€ all included.
As I was lucky to sell my HT just before the reissue it was a no brainer.

I just watched joost on one sixth scale man's channel, was really nice hearing him talk for nearly 2 hours. That nearly convinced me to put a deposit down, he's a great guy and has big plans for the future. He really knows what he's talking about in terms of licences and making things work for the fans. In particular he said he wants to do an automatic canopy but may not be possible. I know I'm late to the joost party lol

I just watched joost on one sixth scale man's channel, was really nice hearing him talk for nearly 2 hours. That nearly convinced me to put a deposit down, he's a great guy and has big plans for the future. He really knows what he's talking about in terms of licences and making things work for the fans. In particular he said he wants to do an automatic canopy but may not be possible. I know I'm late to the joost party lol

I believe he’s a genuine stand up guy and seems extremely grateful to have found his calling in this hobby. It’s really easy to wish him great success and support him.

As long as he continues to make the batman items he does, and I can afford it, I’ll continue to support him.

I believe he’s a genuine stand up guy and seems extremely grateful to have found his calling in this hobby. It’s really easy to wish him great success and support him.

As long as he continues to make the batman items he does, and I can afford it, I’ll continue to support him.
I like how he has a family business as well, including his dad.

He was talking about branching out into figures, and possible Universal licenses like jurassic Park, BTTF and others.

Back