Jazzinc 1/6 Batman 1989 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait to see this assembled with the painted chrome and mesh pieces against that paint job. It's going to be a tough call to decide whether the 66 or the 89 batmobile goes on the top shelf. I might just have to make the top shelf wider ;)

Impressive!

IMG_3574.jpeg

IMG_3575.jpeg

Joost has said many times that he has will not do additional runs of pieces because it ruins the limited edition aspect. The BVS/JL was the exception because of the circumstances involved.

All of the Batmobiles release in batches since the parts arrive in batches as well as the assembly and paint times would be enormous to attempt all order vehicles together. Not to mention the storage space.
This is 100% correct. We do one release of any item. Limited edition and in the case of the 1989 batmobile, numbered. That's it. We do produce them in batches as mentioned above. Exactly like that

with steering wheel and some other details. Check out the vents and the other grills

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-12-01 at 08.59.52.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-01 at 08.59.52.jpeg
    120.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 1989 prototype.jpeg
    1989 prototype.jpeg
    40 KB · Views: 0
  • correct air vents.jpeg
    correct air vents.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 0
  • droopy front.jpeg
    droopy front.jpeg
    33.3 KB · Views: 0
  • front lights test.jpeg
    front lights test.jpeg
    31.1 KB · Views: 0
  • pop up panels.jpeg
    pop up panels.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 0
Beautiful work!

Hopefully, there’s a video coming out soon where we can see it all put together (y)

This is 100% correct. We do one release of any item. Limited edition and in the case of the 1989 batmobile, numbered. That's it. We do produce them in batches as mentioned above. Exactly like that

frontpage chances GIF

...of there being a glossy Batman Returns Batmobile with windshield wipers as a separate release down the line?

By the way, I know there's a fellow country-man who purchased the original vehicle interior used to shoot every canopy shot in Returns that was auctioned off by the Propstore a decade or more ago.

Last edited:
Yeah always disliked the reissues… When HT announced the 89 Batmobile reissue, the limited and special factor completely vanished.
The Joost’s version will really be special!

I’m fine with them. At the time Hot Toys’ 1989 Batmobile released I was in a different place financially and couldn’t justify it, then it was gone. I’m glad to have another shot at it - and not having to pay $1,000+ on the aftermarket.

I just like cool toys based on movies I enjoy. I couldn’t care less if they’re “limited”.

Completely understand and respect your point of view.
Don’t have to pay the crazy price of the secondary market is a solid argument.

Is there an approximate cutoff date for the preorder?

I see that the deposit is only $100.

Yeah always disliked the reissues… When HT announced the 89 Batmobile reissue, the limited and special factor completely vanished.
The Joost’s version will really be special!

I’m fine with them. At the time Hot Toys’ 1989 Batmobile released I was in a different place financially and couldn’t justify it, then it was gone. I’m glad to have another shot at it - and not having to pay $1,000+ on the aftermarket.

I just like cool toys based on movies I enjoy. I couldn’t care less if they’re “limited”.

I empathize with both sides of the coin with re-issues.

One the one hand, a certain part of me likes collectibles to be "limited" and appreciating in value like an investment asset.

On the other hand, I did not get into this hobby as an investment and I do not want to gate keep other collectors from participating. There are new collectors (both young and old) that are getting into this hobby all the time and they may have missed the initial releases.

When I got into the higher-end collectible hobby about 10-years ago, there were so many figures and statues I missed out on - some, I paid the expensive secondary market prices but others, I took advantage of re-issues.

Plus, at the end of the day, these collectible companies are businesses - they exist to make money, so re-issues are fine by me.

Is there an approximate cutoff date for the preorder?

I see that the deposit is only $100.
It’s some time this month. Probably in two weeks. Maybe a little longer. The deposit goes up when production starts.

Hey Joost, how complicated has it been making the 89 Batmobile, in comparison to the 2022 Batmobile?

I think preorder cutoff happens a few days after all the official prototype pictures have been shown
That is correct, I usually try to push that date back as far as possible at the request of many collectors but we only make to order and have been burned by keeping stock, plus, on average, around 10-15% of orders get cancellations because of life events, changes of direction in collecting, no space, not enough. money, etc, so that's why we have a wait list.

Back