JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't resist taking a few shots, to check ride heights and the overall look. As the weight increases, the suspension is struggling to cope. Very pleased with the back end. I still need to tweak the bodywork around the doors for a better fit. Lots of little adjustments still to be made. The button to retract the skis has stopped working.

am160.jpg

am161.jpg

am162.jpg

am163.jpg

Started painting the wood dash inserts. First, i brushed on a base coat of light sand.

am164.jpg

With the paint still wet, i added small random blobs of dark brown. Using a tissue, i gently smudged the 2 colours together. I'll add a layer of gloss varnish to finish, once it's dry.

am165.jpg

I did the dash and centre console the same way. Since the console was dismantled, i fixed the loose wire for the skis.

am166.jpg

am167.jpg

I've been away for ages.... dropped in to just look at the Bond stuff... that AM V8 is just ridiculous..

As for the ELEVEN 007... That tux is the No Time To Die Tom Ford "Atticus" tux.. Shawl collar.. straight pockets... WHY can't they do a Skyfall Lodge scene Bond with the Barbour hunting jacket, brown cords, C&J Islay boots.. equip the figure with the Anderson Wheeler hunting rifle, am H&K 416 SBR, PPK, hunting knife, and maybe a stick of dynamite ?!?!?!? Hands down one of the MOST iconic Daniel Craig looks of his run as 007.. and is just rife with opportunities for incredible accessories... sigh.... Best case scenario (in my opinion) would be for Supermad Toys to do that...

I've been away for ages.... dropped in to just look at the Bond stuff... that AM V8 is just ridiculous..

As for the ELEVEN 007... That tux is the No Time To Die Tom Ford "Atticus" tux.. Shawl collar.. straight pockets... WHY can't they do a Skyfall Lodge scene Bond with the Barbour hunting jacket, brown cords, C&J Islay boots.. equip the figure with the Anderson Wheeler hunting rifle, am H&K 416 SBR, PPK, hunting knife, and maybe a stick of dynamite ?!?!?!? Hands down one of the MOST iconic Daniel Craig looks of his run as 007.. and is just rife with opportunities for incredible accessories... sigh.... Best case scenario (in my opinion) would be for Supermad Toys to do that...

Been working on the interior lately. I've added most of the carpet and was able to spray paint the seats. We had a brief period of warm and sunny weather, but it's gone back to cold and wet, so no more spraying for now.

am168.jpg

I added some black wet-look fabric on the seat backs to make functional pockets.

am169.jpg

That is insane! this thread should be changed to Marine Boy's custom badass creation. Everything else is substandard.

the wood paint is amazing, but doesn't look that glossy in the pics. is it glossy? I think that would add a lot.

There is a gloss layer over the wood, but the blending technique left the surface very lumpy. I'll have to add more clear coats and wet sand to get it super smooth.

Testing the Head Up Display. I'll reprint it slightly smaller, as the text has been cut off. There is a ghosting effect, caused by the display reflecting off both the inside and outside surfaces of the glass. Unfortunately, there is nothing i can do about that. Real cars have specially treated glass on one side.

am170.jpg

Still visible, even when viewed off centre. I'll add a red filter over the LED, to increase the colour.

am171.jpg

I just pre-ordered Kit's Eleven Agent a few minutes ago as I forgot to make a reminder for it and it just popped into mind last night - thankfully it was still available for order.

What's the advantage of wet sanding? I've never done that before.

Wet helps to keep the abrasive clean and unclogged, plus cools and lubricates the surface - helps prevent the surface material from scraping off/shearing, or deforming, bubbling with heat, etc. Abrasive glides smoothly and you get a nice even job.

The work posted here is indescribably incredible.

Back