JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Installed some of the rear glass. None of it is glued in to avoid the risk of stains or fogging, which completely ruins the finished appearance. It is all held in by "U" channels in the frame, with the interior trim panels locking them into place.

am174.jpg

Added detailing to the underbody and made the exhaust back boxes.

am175.jpg

Next is the rear transmission and brakes. Progress has slowed a little, as my work pattern is beginning to return to normal.

Finished making the rear transmission. The driveshafts are mounted on springs, so they can move with the suspension.

am176.jpg

Made up the warning markings on a graphics program and printed them out.

am177.jpg

am178.jpg

Got the missiles painted up.

ln038.jpg

Painting the circles on the nose was fiddly, but i'm happy with it now.

ln039.jpg

The back end is all done, just needs the stickers for the serial number to add.

ln040.jpg

Hopefully i can get the painting for this, the Aston and the Snowspeeder, all done this summer. Otherwise it will have to drag into next year, which i want to avoid. The warm summer months are precious up here in Scotland. The colder times are for the building phase.

Dalton is awaiting his ride.....
20201127_113026.jpg

I am loving your V8 model build! Have you started a separate build thread on it someplace? Would love to see all that you have done to create this beauty! Any plans to offer the car as a kit/preassembled model? Need one for my 007 collection....

Keep up the awesome work!

Started making the flight helmet.

ln041.jpg

I expected to have to shave off the hair to get the helmet to fit, but it looks good as is. Still to add the earpieces and the cine camera.

ln042.jpg

ln043.jpg

I've painted the bodyshell of the Aston, but i will save it for the big reveal. Still to make a few little interior parts and the engine bay detailing. I've also just finished preparing the artwork needed to make the photo etch parts. I should get them in a few weeks.

wheels4.jpg

I was lucky enough to see the real Nellie and Ken on their final promo tour. Yours is the closest anyone has ever come to a faithful scale reproduction and it will look fantastic when finished.

Is that the beginning of a 1/6th scale Blade Runner spinner?

It is. The photoetching service is quite expensive, so it made sense to get the spinner logos done on the same sheet. The plan is to finish Little Nellie and the Aston in the next few weeks. Finish painting the Snowspeeder before the warm weather goes. As we enter the Autumn, finish my Enterprise helm console, then start work on the Spinner over the winter. Hopefully it will be ready to paint, as next summer comes round. I will return to James Bond with either the Q-Boat or the Acrojet. The next car will probably be the Vanquish.

Started making the wheel inserts.

am183.jpg

Still to add the wheel bolts, valves and centre caps. Really pleased with how these have turned out. It was definitely worth the extra cost.

am184.jpg

Back