JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All done!

am185.jpg

am186.jpg

Added the trim on the side vents. Just have to highlight the lettering with some thinned paint.

am188.jpg

Started work on the engine block I've hidden a power bank inside the cylinder head.

am187.jpg

It is. The photoetching service is quite expensive, so it made sense to get the spinner logos done on the same sheet. The plan is to finish Little Nellie and the Aston in the next few weeks. Finish painting the Snowspeeder before the warm weather goes. As we enter the Autumn, finish my Enterprise helm console, then start work on the Spinner over the winter. Hopefully it will be ready to paint, as next summer comes round. I will return to James Bond with either the Q-Boat or the Acrojet. The next car will probably be the Vanquish.

Marine Boy, should you go with the Q Boat, I have something that might come in handy....

F-COM09-004.jpg

Thanks for that. Is there a better resolution available? It would be useful to make out the numbers.

More work done in the engine bay.

am189.jpg

am190.jpg

am191.jpg

Engine bay is about 80% done. The air intake pipes are lengths of bungee cord painted black. There are a few interior bits still to make, but it's very close to finishing now.

am192.jpg

Last edited:
Most of the painting in the engine bay is complete. I also added the wiring to the engine.

am193.jpg

am194.jpg

Dashboard is almost finished, just the panel for the stereo to build and some painting to reduce light leakage. I changed the colour of the dials from blue to green, as i felt the blue looked too modern.

am195.jpg

Undergoing a complete power test. With all the lights on, there was not enough power to extend the skis, since they use 2 motors at once.

am196.jpg

It was necessary to modify the engine block to house a 2nd battery bank. I think all the little operating bugs are sorted now. Things still to make: door handles, pedals, passenger footrest, handbrake lever, interior mirror, the windscreen wipers and the sunroof cover.

am197.jpg

The car is nearing completion now, just the short list as mentioned above, which i'm gradually ticking off. I also wanted to tackle the issue of a suitable figure to go with it. Big Chief have shown a prototype, but realistically, judging by their previous schedules, is likely to be 3-5 years away at this point. The only other figures are the 2 Sideshow releases from way back. These look quite dated now and are both quite difficult to get. A custom was the only other option.

I ordered 2 different sculpts, but i was not entirely convinced by either one. I thought the likeness on the right was better, but the hair was all wrong for TLD.

td000.jpg

I chain drilled through both heads and ultimately used the hair and eyes from the left head and joined it to the nose, chin and neck from the right head. I filled all the gaps and used a Dremel tool to smooth the 2 together. I think it came out pretty well. I have very little experience painting heads, so this is a case of learning as i go. There is still more work to do on the eyes, mouth and the shadow areas. I think i need to make the stubble more prominent too. Overall, i think it looks too orangey and would prefer something closer to the Hot Toys tan. If anyone has recommendations for particular shades to use, i'd be very grateful.

td001.jpg

td002.jpg

td003.jpg

td004.jpg

td005.jpg

td006.jpg

Last edited:
The car is nearing completion now, just the short list as mentioned above, which i'm gradually ticking off. I also wanted to tackle the issue of a suitable figure to go with it. Big Chief have shown a prototype, but realistically, judging by their previous schedules, is likely to be 3-5 years away at this point. The only other figures are the 2 Sideshow releases from way back. These look quite dated now and are both quite difficult to get. A custom was the only other option.

I ordered 2 different sculpts, but i was not entirely convinced by either one. I thought the likeness on the right was better, but the hair was all wrong for TLD.

td000.jpg

I chain drilled through both heads and ultimately used the hair and eyes from the left head and joined it to the nose, chin and neck from the right head. I filled all the gaps and used a Dremel tool to smooth the 2 together. I think it came out pretty well. I have very little experience painting heads, so this is a case of learning as i go. There is still more work to do on the eyes, mouth and the shadow areas. I think i need to make the stubble more prominent too. Overall, i think it looks too orangey and would prefer something closer to the Hot Toys tan. If anyone has recommendations for particular shades to use, i'd be very grateful.

I got a similar resin cast of the Sideshow Dalton head on eBay a few years back form a Spanish seller - he seems to do a lot of Bond stuff. Reasonably priced too - wonder if we've done business with the same individual?

I too found the hair hideous: I ground it down with a Dremel also. I made an attempt at resculpting it with Milliput. Just needs repainting, not a fan of my old paintjob as I can now achieve some better effects with the superior Tamiya paint I now use (priorly Humbrol!). He'll likely end up in the oversized leather jacket from the car chase scene, as that's what is present in many of the publicity shots and the cover of my LTK VHS tape - my introduction to Timothy's tenure, so I've a solid bit of affection for it.

I picked up both heads from an Ebay seller in Spain, so pretty sure it's the same guy. I believe he also offers painted versions, but this was something i wanted to have a go at myself.

Did a bit more to it, to tone done the orange and touch up the eyes and lips. Still needs a bit of work on the hairline and around the eyes, there's an air bubble under the right eye that needs sorting.

td012.jpg

I've ordered this coat from Ebay. It has a fur collar, but that should be easy enough to replace. It's the closest thing i can find. With a jumper on underneath, that should help puff it out a little.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174798866182?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
s-l1600.jpg

Door handles and functional lock buttons complete. These had to be made from metal, as any paint would quickly wear off due to the constant handling.

am199.jpg

Windscreen fitted, just the wipers to add now.

am200.jpg

In the final assembly stage now. Having to sort a few blown LEDs and loose wires.

am198.jpg

"Just taking the Aston Martin out for a quick spin Q".

am202.jpg

am201.jpg

Words can not do justice to the things you create. This is so awesome to come together from you started it. Outstanding work man. :hi5:

Back on post 8985 there is a really good looking blue pin stripe 3 button suit that would be excellent for a CR custom.. anyone know who made it and where it is available? I assumed POPTOYS but cannot find it anywhere..

Back on post 8985 there is a really good looking blue pin stripe 3 button suit that would be excellent for a CR custom.. anyone know who made it and where it is available? I assumed POPTOYS but cannot find it an
That might be the PoP Toys old "Bruce Wayne" suit that think is been reissued by POP Toys in their "Western Suit" lineup. I have the old suit in one of my figures, looks extremely good and fit to.

Back