JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roof and the door frames done. The major body sections are screwed together, so it is easier to work on one section at a time, when the detail work begins.

lotus12.jpg

lotus13.jpg

Progress this week. The build has slowed a little, as i'm now back at work.

The roof lining and rear wall in place. Did a quick check to make sure there was enough headroom.

lotus14.jpg

Started on the rear bodywork.

lotus15.jpg

lotus16.jpg

Just a few pics taken to check overall look and proportions. I had to adjust the roof pillars to get the roofline to flow smoothly. The wheels and tyres are taken from an RC Porsche Carrera GT. The rear wheels are slightly undersize, but is not too obvious. So far, so good.

lotus19.jpg

lotus20.jpg

Really taking shape now. Do you plan on getting some accurate wheels 3D printed?

No, as that would be quite costly. The wheels i'm using have a separate insert for the spokes. I'll remove them and make new inserts from scratch. As the front pair are different to the rears, it's not worth making a mould. I'll just make each wheel individually.

No, as that would be quite costly. The wheels i'm using have a separate insert for the spokes. I'll remove them and make new inserts from scratch. As the front pair are different to the rears, it's not worth making a mould. I'll just make each wheel individually.

The speed and accuracy you've executed this is nothing short of incredible! Would you share a quick overview of the steps you take in a form of a mini tutorial? Not that the rest of us would be able to replicate your process! However, how do you cut your plastic sheets, what glues do you use, etc.?

Some work done on the back end.

lotus21.jpg

I have plans to tackle other Bond vehicles in future, Little Nellie is definitely on the list.

Very nice,

Gives one a sense of pride that 2 Norfolk creations will forever be associated with Bond. The second being Little Nellie as Ken Wallis was based in Norfolk.

Back