JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rear valance and bumper complete. Just a simple exhaust assembly to add.

lotus22.jpg

Front and rear arches done, just a little more filler needed.

lotus23.jpg

lotus24.jpg

lotus25.jpg

lotus26.jpg

Front bumper complete, just the lights to add.

lotus27.jpg

More work done around the hatch area and attaching the roof. It took a long time to get the panels to sit flush and have consistent panel gaps.

lotus28.jpg

lotus29.jpg

I've been reading the Esprit owners forum for pictures and information and it seems the build quality for the S1s were patchy at best. The later cars were much improved. I am definitely getting one, when the mid-life crisis kicks in.

I had thought about it. It's certainly do-able and would be a cool feature, but it only really makes sense if the other sub conversion parts are made. I've already decided not to go down that route so i will leave it as standard. I will make it light up but nothing else. The only working gadget i will make is the spray jets behind the rear number plate.

Thanks for all the feedback. Today's update:

Most of the centre console done and the dash binnacle started.

lotus35.jpg

Holes cut out for the dials. I will print the dials onto paper, laminate them and attach to the inside.

lotus36.jpg

Test fit, to check everything is positioned correctly.

lotus37.jpg

Apparently Roger complained the ashtray was too small for his cigars.

I hate to do this, but I've got to move some pieces and this is one that might need to go.

Custom "Spectre" Bond with the Modern Life head sculpt. Accepting offers via PM. Full figure that has been displayed in my case. PM me if you're seriously interested and we can talk pricing.

GEDC1351.JPGGEDC1345.JPGGEDC1350.JPG

Shame about that head really, they mishandled everything so badly that everyone lost confidence. If this had been priced and released the same as their Cavill it could have been a winner.

Started making the seats. I've reduced the height of the seat bases as much as possible, to make getting figures in and out easier. I'll make the steering column detach for the same reason. I want there to be plenty of room for figures, unlike the HT DeLorean.

lotus38.jpg

Headrests still to be made.

lotus39.jpg

Back