JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May I ask ,guys, what is "Little Nellie"?)

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

https://youtu.be/pT8Lp1SO_YU

I still say it is doable. If damage in shipping is an issue, make it in kit form. Snap the parts together and we're good.

I may pick up the old Airfix kit in 1/24 scale just to have it for the display.

Last edited:
Ok, thanks. And in your opinion which one is the best choice for sideshow body? With the least modifications

I concur with the the others said. I recommend a HT clone, which I've used for Daniel Craig. You can search for "ttm21" on eBay and they're very inexpensive. The old Sideshow bodies that were used for the Bond figures are too tall anyway for a Daniel Craig figure. Here's a ttm21 body I used:

26624544686_c89a959f45_o.jpg

There are several Corgi Little Nellies out there. You can get one with Bond in the cockpit, one without, and there is a slightly larger one that came out for the anniversary. It's the same as the 1/24 one really, just slightly larger, somewhere around 1/16 I think.

Bond out:

HcZSD4t.jpg

Bond in:

0NwNRJk.jpg

Current one:

Tl6Mjm3.jpg

Ken Wallis, the man that built and flew her, lived in Reymerston which is near me in Norfolk. I used to see him fly her at local airshows and saw him and her at the local aviation museum in his later years.

Hey Bond fans! Im proceeding with a custom Yunsil Spy who loved me project! Im expecting to see a prototype in June 2019.

for more details, PM me and I will direct you to the rest of the details!

swlmtux-crop.jpg

There are several Corgi Little Nellies out there. You can get one with Bond in the cockpit, one without, and there is a slightly larger one that came out for the anniversary. It's the same as the 1/24 one really, just slightly larger, somewhere around 1/16 I think.

Current one:

Tl6Mjm3.jpg

After getting the one with the Connery figure from Corgi (Director’s Cut!), then Eaglemoss, I stopped paying attention to the subsequent releases...and was totally oblivious about the size of the most recent one!

Rogerbee, if you have this version and if it’s not too much trouble, can you please post a pic of it with a ruler? Thanks in advance!

I think Corgi slipped up there. The box it comes in is the standard size box for their 1/36 cars. They fit in them nose to tail. If you picture a car in that box then it's plain as day that Little Nellie is a lot larger in scale than a 1/36 car. If you place the 1/24 one next to a 1/24 car it looks tiny. A 1/36 Little Nellie would be minute.
I've seen the current one in shops and it is definitely larger than 1/36.

I think Corgi slipped up there. The box it comes in is the standard size box for their 1/36 cars. They fit in them nose to tail. If you picture a car in that box then it's plain as day that Little Nellie is a lot larger in scale than a 1/36 car. If you place the 1/24 one next to a 1/24 car it looks tiny. A 1/36 Little Nellie would be minute.
I've seen the current one in shops and it is definitely larger than 1/36.

Thanks, Rogerbee and Wor-Gar. Good points. I have the re-issued Airfix kit, unbuilt that I’ll have to look for to compare with 1/24 and 1/36 scale cars, and with the older Corgi Little Nellies I have.

I'd love to find this larger Little Nellie... but I can't for the life of me tell which one is the larger. I guess I have to wait to see it for myself in hand but with no more TRU I'm not sure where to go to find this.

Using my Xmas holiday to embark on a big scale project. I've dismantled an Autoart 1/18 model, and am using it to take dimensions from. 3 days into it so far. The wedge design lends itself to being replicated in plasticard more easily.

lotus1.jpg

lotus2.jpg

lotus3.jpg

Back