J.J. Abrams' Super 8

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love that this is set in the 70s. Some of the scenes felt like they were lifted from Close Encounters.

I got an E.T vibe from it ..but that's what there going for, they said the film is meant to be a homage to film's from that era such as from Close Encounters,E.T and Stand by me to name a few, o and the song playing in the trailer is from coocon.

So it would be unfair for someone to say this is an just another cloverfield, they both have a monster and the same director..but that is all they have in common.

I got an E.T vibe from it ..but that's what there going for, they said the film is meant to be a homage to film's from that era such as from Close Encounters,E.T and Stand by me to name a few, o and the song playing in the trailer is from coocon.

So it would be unfair for someone to say this is an just another cloverfield, they both have a monster and the same director..but that is all they have in common.

Having Spielberg as the producer doesn't hurt.

You can see the creature's jaw and teeth for a split second in the trailer:

super8_easteregg1.jpg

It appears that the image is upside down and what looks like teeth actually seems to be a noose or rope tied around a doll's head.

https://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/23385

Actually, I'm feeling this less now. I'm not getting any CE3K vibe - I'm getting Stand By Me meets E.T., and I can't say that it's really appealing to me right now. But we'll see...more important at this moment in time, the teaser poster is pretty dull.

I'm just happy i will be able to see a modern movie with that classic feel that e.t had and that movies these days seem to lack.

Actually, I'm feeling this less now. I'm not getting any CE3K vibe - I'm getting Stand By Me meets E.T., and I can't say that it's really appealing to me right now. But we'll see...more important at this moment in time, the teaser poster is pretty dull.

Both were excellent movies. One can only hope to have a movie that lives up to that type of expectations.

Tnx 4 the link:)
HOLY ____ THIS LOOK'S AWESOME!!!!!

<iframe title="Twitvid video player" class="twitvid-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="360" src="https://www.twitvid.com/embed.php?guid=T6FFB&autoplay=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

:lol at the people who think this will be like E.T.

I don't recall E.T. eating dogs, killing people and destroying a town.

Looks awesome! That first teaser with the truck and train was straight out of CE3K. I think the truck is the same one Roy was driving when he had his first encounter on the railroad tracks!

:lol at the people who think this will be like E.T.

I don't recall E.T. eating dogs, killing people and destroying a town.

I think people mean it in the way that it's a kid's adventure during the 70's, it's certainly going to look like E.T in term's of style and i believe it was mentioned that it's somewhat inspired by et and other movies from that generation.

Back