IYO: What statues best represent the essence of a character and their demeanor?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mas5acre

Super Freak
Reaction score
Some statues I believe really capture the essence of the character, the statue just brings out emotion.

My votes would be

XM studios Captain America, super patriotic with the flag and best representation of the cap to date. Very patriotic and it can't be sold directly to Americans....

Sideshow Deadpool pf ex with chicken, character's a class clown, chicken symbolizes that.

Lord of Darkness lifesize bust, very menacing looking.

I'm sure a lot of you also would say the original doom pf on throne.

I know it's not beloved by many fans, but having first started reading the Hulk in the seventies back when Sal Buscema was doing the penciling, Bowen's Savage Hulk captured the character perfectly to the way I remember him. I love that piece even more than I expected to.

The Wolverine LSF- for all it's faults and troubles- is still the Numero Uno best representation of a comic book character I've ever seen. In terms of having an iconic pose and getting the essence...it's pretty much all there.

The Superman PF looks good too- but I haven't gotten mine yet so not ready to bleat out it's praises too much just yet.

The Galactus Maquette is another big winner. The physique isn't as stocky as Kirby and Bryne drew him, but other than that he's a near ideal representation in three dimensions as far as I'm concerned.

Cap PF (original) and Superman PF both embody the hopeful optimism of those characters pretty well by their pose. One that does not do a great job of representing a character's essence IMO is the Batman PF. It's nice for what it is, but it's just like a random shot of him getting ready to do something.

Thing PF. Best sculpt to date of the character and currently the oldest pf that I have and haven't sold.

Don't own it but the Wolf Predator LSF always looked great. Everything I'd want in a Predator figure.

Classic Punisher PF turned out great too.

Ultimately, this an open ended endless list....

I'm the OP, and yes it is very open ended and opinionated. Some statues are just better representative of a personality of a character. I have pretty close to all the x-men statues but mystique and I think the only one that really captures the character perfectly is gambit. I think they’re all great statues, just gambit feels like a cigarette smoking badass and he's not my favorite character, not by a long shot.

Xm studios captain America inspired this thread. I watched a review on YouTube and I'm not really a cap fan but I love this statue, so patriotic like he's fighting for his country. I might even buy it...........maybe....

This could go both ways, which characters have the worst pose and or representation of a character?

I'd have to say the original Skywalker PF. The likeness in incredible and the pose is just majestic. And that exclusive, I can't think of a time when I imagined Luke without a poncho and beach attire. He looks like a man that knows he was born with a destiny: to pick up as many hot babes as he can without getting a sunburn.

Attachments

• S63017471.JPG
    S63017471.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 140
  • 71161_press01-001.jpg
    71161_press01-001.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 127
  • header.jpg
    header.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 139
Depends what you mean by 'essence'

I love scene specific dynamic poses, preferrably with some battle damage. I feel that captures the essence better than anything else.

Only 3 statues I have currently kept are:
SS Indiana Jones Temple of Doom PF
SS Arnie Conan PF
Blitzway 1/3 Game of Death Bruce Lee

All 3 fit the category for me !

To the guy with the Luke Skywalker photos......... Wow just wow....... That poncho is a must have. In all honesty I like the pose, but the script, Kenner could do better.

Back