Ask Sideshow 4/18/11

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mister Ski

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here are the Marvel related questions...

Monday, April 18th, 2011
Finally Rogue is out and she looks Gorgeous. Will you guys make a base that will fit both Gambit & Rogue together?

We intend to continue the X-Men line-up in Premium Format, including the common X-symbol base design. They’ll look really good individually, or as complementary displays, in proximity.

Monday, April 18th, 2011
I’m curious as to why on some of the more recent Marvel PF’s like Cyclops and Rogue you did not give them cloth costumes (besides the jackets) like you’ve done on Thor, Wolverine, Sabertooth, your first Captain America, etc.? I’m just really disappointed b/c Cyclops is my favorite X-Men character, and yet he’s completely sculpted. I’m worried that if ya’ll ever get to my all time favorite Marvel Character, Daredevil, he will be completely sculpted as well. So I guess the real question is why did Cyclops and Rogues not get the spandex/cloth material costumes like most of the other Marvel PFs? They really don’t feel like mix-media statues when all we’re getting is a cloth jacket

Each character is thoroughly reviewed by our design and development team, and decisions are made for a few different reasons about the mixed material versus sculpt decisions. Aesthetics and price point considerations weigh in heavily, meaning that the team will usually attempt to balance the desire for a best-case appearance while still coming in at a price-point similar to other characters, so that we can maintain relatively similar retail pricing. Some costumes would be awfully difficult, or incredibly costly, to replicate exactly in 1:4 scale, and some simply do not translate well enough into fabric at 1:4 scale to satisfy the creative interest in the product.

Monday, April 18th, 2011
Hey there Sideshow, I just finished reading X-23 issue #5 and realized that Mr. Sinister is back! I really love Sinister’s modern look with long hair. Will Sideshow have plans of making a Mr. Sinister PF with two head portraits-classic and modern? Gambit PF and Rogue PF need a bad guy to fight against on our shelves.

Mr. Sinister IS on our list of villains to tackle, and we love the goofy ol’ chump too. Errr, we mean that we despise that devious, evil menace! He’s SINISTER!

Monday, April 18th, 2011
With the upcoming release of X-Men first class in theatres, does Sideshow have any plans to release characters such as Havok and Banshee in comic based uniforms in any of your current working scales?

Nope sorry, neither Havok nor Banshee appears in our current planning.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!:monkey2

Monday, April 18th, 2011
Juggernaut! I stare aimlessly at the Hulk Comiquette, and such a dynamic pose. And the Ironman Hulkbuster statue is massive. I hope SS has something in line for Juggernaut. Please don’t say you have it in mind, or that awful word “soon”. Say it is so! Tell me it is really happening.

Okay, NOT soon. We had a big ol’ Juggernaut in the works, but it just wasn’t big enough, so we’re going back to the drawing board. Your interest WILL be passed along to the design and development team!

Monday, April 18th, 2011
Will there be a Gambit Comiquette in modern form to accompany the current X-Men comiquettes roster?

Likely yes at some point, but not in the immediate future.

Monday, April 18th, 2011
With the preview out for the Angel Comiquette, is there any plans to make a PF version as well? Also, is there anything in the works for Archangel? The X-Men PF’s have been awesome. Keep them coming!

The Angel Comiquette will stand as the primary representation of the character for some time. Although the excited reaction to the piece does have us considering other Angel/Archangel versions for release in 1:4 scale sometime down the road.

Mr. Sinister PF/Comiquette will be mine! Can't wait to see him at 1:4 scale, guys!!!

Wake me up when they say that they're actually working on him (Sinister)...

I like how they didn't properly answer the combined base question for Gambit/Rogue. It sounds like they're saying "no", but not really.

No plans for Havok = Fail

I hope that Juggernaut comment means that we're getting him in 1/4 scale.

And, it looks like we're not getting an Archangel PF for quite some time. (insert sarcastic, "Yay," here)
*sigh*

Last edited:
Back