Which statue version represents a major characters best? Film or Comic?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which version do you think best represents a major character

• Comic version man! It's where it all started

Votes: 35 62.5%
  • Film Version man! It's is more universally known then Comics

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just want the Best looking statue. I don't care if it's from the comics or films.

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • I only collect Film statues / I only collect Comic statues

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters

JAWS

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to those who answered the last poll. I thought there was some issues with how the question was worded.

It left room for smaller characters like Blade who we can all agree was a practical unknown until the films came out. I am thinking of more major characters like Batman, Superman, Hulk, Spider-man, Iron Man etc...

You can only have one version. Would you prefer the Comic version or the film version.

I myself voted comic versions.

If I could only have one statue to represent a character it would always be the comic version. Hulk, Batman, Joker, Spider-man etc... It would always have to be the comiIcs. It's where it all started and represents the characters history the best. If I owned just film version of any given character it would limit it to just that film and lose all that history.

Last edited:
I'll repeat:
Comics all the way.....it's where the characters originated and how I became a superhero junkie many many years ago and still to this day.

+ sometimes the movie versions look totally different..ie. worse than their comic book counterparts.

Comic version is the only true version of the character. Movie versions are just watered down versions or detuned versions of the characters for the sake of more popularity in the mainstream, ie for non comic book fans.

Comic version is the only true version of the character. Movie versions are just watered down versions or detuned versions of the characters for the sake of more popularity in the mainstream, ie for non comic book fans.

Pretty much agree. I mean I loved The Dark Knight but I will be getting the more Comic related PF in the future as my ONE Batman statue.

depends on the character, ironman for example i like the movie version so much better. The classic comic version makes him look like a man in a tight suit, not the armored warrior he is.

hulk/capt makes no difference to me, both are fine. Thor I prefer the classic comic version.

but with the avenger team, i will definitely 1000% get the movie team, it just look so much cooler than the comic classic team.

it just look so much cooler than the comic classic team.

I beg to differ. :lecture

Avengers11.jpg

Avengers06.jpg

Avengers22.jpg

But we're all entitled to our own opinions. :wink1:

i really dont like the ironman & hulk in the classic avenger setup, thor & capt looks good.

tights-wearing ironman can be replaced with this guy, but you still stuck with the frankenstein hulk.

Iron-7-1.jpg

in my mind it's like...
Days of Future Past, Kingdom Come, Age of Apocalypse, Dark Knight Returns, Earth/Paradise X, Batman Beyond, Marvel's The End books, 2099, Legion of Super Heroes, House of M, Ultimate Marvel Comics, Marvel Zombies...and Movies

Movie versions are no different than alternate realities. Some things can be presented cool on film because it's different concepts, but it aint the real thing. Just another version of the characters.

And xYx this isn't aimed at you at all, just an observation of a comic book geek. (I also love that low angle shot, it's different from what I've seen anybody else do with those statues)

I see the four Avengers setup so much (and I believe SSC was actually the first to do it) but it's completely inaccurate. Hulk quit in Avengers #2, 1963 before Captain America was thawed out and joined in #4. Hulk rejoined the comic book Avengers last month for the first time in 48 years (geez, I wonder why? :dunno :wink1:). Last month also marks the first time he and Cap have ever been Avengers at the same time. It's only Ultimate Marvel and cartoons that Hulk has been a larger part of the Avenger's history. Geek out complete.

I also have to say that while I prefer comic versions, and while I have the Classic Iron Man Ex and think it's a great statue, I completely don't understand how it can be armor and work. Assuming the arms are metal, how can they bend? How can his torso bend? That always bothered me.

Last edited:
And xYx this isn't aimed at you at all, just an observation of a comic book geek. (I also love that low angle shot, it's different from what I've seen anybody else do with those statues)

I see the four Avengers setup so much (and I believe SSC was actually the first to do it) but it's completely inaccurate. Hulk quit in Avengers #2, 1963 before Captain America was thawed out and joined in #4. Hulk rejoined the comic book Avengers last month for the first time in 48 years (geez, I wonder why? :dunno :wink1:). Last month also marks the first time he and Cap have ever been Avengers at the same time. It's only Ultimate Marvel and cartoons that Hulk has been a larger part of the Avenger's history. Geek out complete.

Thanks Peedi & no worries at all, I'm all for comics canon. :duff
You should see what they've done to 616 Fury. :slap

Comic version imo! Only exception is IM, cos the movie suit design was pretty good.

I also have to say that while I prefer comic versions, and while I have the Classic Iron Man Ex and think it's a great statue, I completely don't understand how it can be armor and work. Assuming the arms are metal, how can they bend? How can his torso bend? That always bothered me.

The Classic Iron Man Armor utilizes tiny links like chain mail that are made basically by nanotechnology.It's sort of like a speidel watch band that flexes in all directions.The armor matches the wearers movements so that it ACTS like it is solid at all times, which it needs constant power to do, in order to retain it's rigidity. The highly flexible design is what allows it to conform perfectly to his physique as well as fit in a briefcase, all while offering plate armor rigidity while powered. It actually is a much higher tech concept than the newer armor. I believe that the armor utilizes a force field to provide protection. The design specs are in the Marvel Weapons Locker and the Marvel Universe.

refer to page 2

https://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/xmanalb/downloads/WeaponsLocker.pdf

Last edited:
Back