Indiana Jones & The Kingdom of The Crystal Skull Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll take your word for it since your the board certified Indy Geek IJ.:DI myself can't comment much on the film yet as i have not seen it yet, i will be tonight. (i hope i like it as i have no problem with aliens like some here seem to have) But the reviews from you guys so far are not good, I hope i'm in the minority.

They are not really bad reviews. Check the thumbs up thread. Most people (myself included) gave it a thumbs up. I just thought some parts were really dumb and poorly executed. I still enjoyed it though.

Doesn't matter who came up with the material or what themes were popular in the 50's, the director is the one that puts the movie on the screen. Spielberg, the guy that brought us Duel and Jaws, should have known what was good and what wasn't.

I don't think any of Indy was shot outside of America...New Mexico and Hawaii were the locations for many of the scenes, but there may have been an international location for the school shoot.

And of course Hawaii was also the location for part of the earlier Raiders film.

I'm curious whether any shooting on Indy IV took place in the U.S. It could have; Speilberg is a DGA member and award-winner, the billing in KOCS meets current DGA requirements, and Lucas' position as producer isn't an issue for DGA. Anybody know? It would have been Lucas' first American-shot footage in 28 years.

It actually did, they Filmed in New Mexico (desert shoot), Hawaii (rain forest shoot), and Connecticut (school shoot) among other places.

LASTCRUSADE.jpg

WRONG. Spielberg and Ford actually fought against the alien/UFO element for years, but it was Lucas who persisted and won out.

which is why almost everything speilberg does is alien related? his fingerprint is in transformers too, as the robots are referred as aliens...He is infactuated with Aliens....look at his work....Aliens in everything....

Huh? I just got done reading a magazine article on IJ, and they were talking about Roswell and stuff and it mentions that Steven was the one really pushing for the sci-fi/aliens bit (i'll have to go back and re-read it)

:confused:

bottom line...lucas and speilberg are both in bed with aliens :)

Doesn't matter who came up with the material or what themes were popular in the 50's, the director is the one that puts the movie on the screen. Spielberg, the guy that brought us Duel and Jaws, should have known what was good and what wasn't.

I agree, although I think we all know Gl and his tenancy to throw his weight around and impose his will on everything. Indy is his product, he has written every story for all the films. Almost every post production process that GL has a company for, his companies were used. When it comes down to it the story and the aliens it's George's cross to bare......

Sorry. He's right. It's well documented in several articles that Spielberg and Ford were against the Alien stuff. If they wanted to do another Indy movie they had to do it Lucas' way. Still, I'd love to read Frank Darabont's script. It sounds like he made it work.

which is why almost everything speilberg does is alien related? his fingerprint is in transformers too, as the robots are referred as aliens.

Umm...Transformers are aliens. They're an alien race of machines.

which is why almost everything speilberg does is alien related? his fingerprint is in transformers too, as the robots are referred as aliens...He is infactuated with Aliens....look at his work....Aliens in everything....

The Transformers have always been "alien" robots. That's hardly Speilberg's doing.

Give me a break. Spielberg has made dozens of movies... exactly FOUR of them feature aliens.

Let me guess, you're one of those dullards who thinks those are aliens at the end of A.I. :rolleyes:

Ok, I dont have the time to read this whole thread.

So can anyone tell me honestly....what was the big deal about returning the skull? The legend says you gain control over its powers....but at the end, what would that have been? The lady got her eyes burnt out and disintegrated.....so Indy should have just let them have it instead of going through the whole movie trying to rescue the damn thing....which imo tells me that the plot line is pointless as is the movie.

bump for my legitimate question...

Well it's not like he knew she was going to get vaporized. For all he could have known the alien would have been overjoyed at getting his fancy swirling magnetic head back and granted her three wishes. :rolleyes:

I know you were speaking figuratively, but thought you might be interested to know.

:lecture

God I'm old. I actually remember this stuff from back when it happened. :(

:rotfl :rotfl Yea, figuratively speaking turning in their DGA cards and retiring. Well, I meant the retiring parts.

As for the quest about TLC, you drank the cup to have eternal life,

Grail-Knight.jpg

"but you can not cross the great seal. That's the price and boundary of immortality"​
Once you drink the water once, you have eternal life, but you can't leave.

You can TOTALLY tell when watching the movie which part was Lucas and which part was Spielberg.

YOu can argue that Spielberg has made alien movies before, but they were actually good, this one was not.

I agree with that Nash. The Russians won, but got zapped. It didn't matter if Indy succeeded or not. Which made the film pointless.

Yea remember Gretta tried to leave the temple with it thats when it started crumbling. Of course she could have just ran instead of slowly walking backwards and been fine, but whatever.

What I thought it was, is that one returning the crystal skull received a power and the city of gold. To those people, Indy said that gold was power and that power was knowledge. So the person returning the skull got ultimate knowledge, which is funny since what's her face got the knowledge and then burned up. Not much of a prize if you ask me. BUT, maybe she was being transported to the aliens' dimensino or something....

Didn't Indy say that the skull told him to return it? So why the did russian chick do it, or was it that Indy would LEAD the skull being returned and not actually returning it.....

My take on that whole deal, is that (just like in TLC) the only reason he went was to rescue someone close to him, but once he did that, he feels compelled to complete the quest.

Plus, in this movie, he says that the skull told him to return it, so there is a mythical force driving him to do it. Not to mention that (as probably everyone guessed who watched the movie) returing the skull would help Oxley return to normal.

My question is did they ever explain who the cemetary warriors were, or why they showed up?

I agree with that Nash. The Russians won, but got zapped. It didn't matter if Indy succeeded or not. Which made the film pointless.

Ooooookay. But the Nazi's won in Raiders and got zapped. So, if I'm understanding your logic correctly, that ending didn't matter either.

Back