Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does the hat look in 4k? Is the color different than in the old VHS/DVD/BR ?
Movie looks awesome in 4K. I had never realized there was a green tint to the blu ray either. The flesh tones look more realistic and the jungle scenes really look good. I haven't seen the vhs versions in 20 years so not sure about what the color saturation was like anymore. I would say this is the best the movie has ever looked to me on home theater screens. I say Raiders on the rerelease for the 30th anniversary and this looks like it from what I can remember.

Raiders 40th anniversary, a new Indy movie shooting - might be time to sit down and watch that Raiders Blu-Ray.

I took a trip to Hawaii three years ago and stood in all the Hawaii Raiders filming locations (I found the exact spot where the opening shot was filmed, and kayaked all the way up to the rope swing place with kids complaining the whole time) and never did sit down and watch the whole movie again.

I'm even having fun making a special Raiders figure custom for the 40th anniversary (not Indy) - a great time to be an Indy fan.

Raiders and TLC hold a special place in my heart. :)
Raiders and TOD for me. I really dislike that TLC made Indy an unbecoming simp for the first half of the movie. In fact I've only shown my kids the first two Indy flicks as a result. I want them to see him as a total badass for as long as possible. We all got 8 years of badass Indy before Simp Indy and Old Indy came along so I want them to enjoy the same.

Raiders and TOD for me. I really dislike that TLC made Indy an unbecoming simp for the first half of the movie. In fact I've only shown my kids the first two Indy flicks as a result. I want them to see him as a total badass for as long as possible. We all got 8 years of badass Indy before Simp Indy and Old Indy came along so I want them to enjoy the same.
Women do that to the best of us! Problem is his dad got it before he did! :monkey4

Well if you're gonna simp out yeah Elsa was the girl to do it for but still, it's Indy man. I don't want to see him reduced to such a pathetic puppy dog state, lol. And then to add insult to injury we have to learn that he got nowhere with the girl that his dad DID get? Ouch...

ALIENS and FOTR are my #3 and #4, sorry guys, lol.
ALIENS and FOTR are my #3 and #4, sorry guys, lol.

:chase
:lol

That really is the biggest dilemma isn’t it how can you have a top 3 list where ANH and ESB are 1 and 2 (or vice versa whatever your preference) and not include ROTJ in the 3rd spot you can’t can you.

I mean sure you can it’s your list you can do as you please with it BUT you really can’t it would make no sense lol

Damn sorry Raiders you are out!

Wor-Gar just gotta deal with it lol

how can you have a top 3 list where ANH and ESB are 1 and 2 (or vice versa whatever your preference) and not include ROTJ in the 3rd spot you can’t can you.

Of course you can... like counting Raiders and ToD but not counting TLC. Or counting Alien and Aliens but not counting Aliens 3. Or counting Terminator and T2... but not T3. Or Pirates 1 and 2, and not 3. Or BTTF 1 and 2, but certainly not 3. Very simple.

Because at the end of the day, ROTJ is just half an OK movie. Much like TLC.

Let's do the math...

ANH - Raiders = EPIC!
ESB - ToD = EPIC!!

ROTJ - TLC = no bueno

:lol

That really is the biggest dilemma isn’t it how can you have a top 3 list where ANH and ESB are 1 and 2 (or vice versa whatever your preference) and not include ROTJ in the 3rd spot you can’t can you.

I mean sure you can it’s your list you can do as you please with it BUT you really can’t it would make no sense lol

Damn sorry Raiders you are out!

Wor-Gar just gotta deal with it lol
Yeah no matter how you slice it ROTJ just isn't cracking the Top 5 even with its predecessors being #1 and #2. But yeah like Wor-Gar said that's pretty common with third chapters.

Of course you can... like counting Raiders and ToD but not counting TLC. Or counting Alien and Aliens but not counting Aliens 3. Or counting Terminator and T2... but not T3. Or Pirates 1 and 2, and not 3. Or BTTF 1 and 2, but certainly not 3. Very simple.

Because at the end of the day, ROTJ is just half an OK movie. Much like TLC.

Let's do the math...

ANH - Raiders = EPIC!
ESB - ToD = EPIC!!

ROTJ - TLC = no bueno
I was actually not aware that you held TOD to those high standards wow.

Why Toht and not Ram then.

Ram also has a memorable death.

Ram is probably the best thing in ToD... other than Short Round and the film being Indy's last great performance.

Unfortunately for the series as a whole, Raiders is just such a perfect movie that all other sequels pale in comparison. But there's always 2nd best no matter how far apart the comparison.

Ram is probably the best thing in ToD... other than Short Round and the film being Indy's last great performance.

Unfortunately for the series as a whole, Raiders is just such a perfect movie that all other sequels pale in comparison. But there's always 2nd best no matter how far apart the comparison.
Just the name alone makes him a winner in my book lol

Yeah no matter how you slice it ROTJ just isn't cracking the Top 5 even with its predecessors being #1 and #2. But yeah like Wor-Gar said that's pretty common with third chapters.
50% of amazing Star Wars can get you pretty damn far though so top 10 is almost a guarantee unless you are Turd who puts it at # 1 lol

Depending which vaccine he received, it might not be that effective against the Indian variant.

So I don't blame him not wanting strangers to come right up to him.
HF has never really signed anything . In the industry he is known for not really enjoying interacting with fans.
As far as TOD.....

it should not even be mentioned in company with ESB or ANH.....
it’s a terrible film IMO

I’ll add BTTF as a film to go with those others , along with Alien and Jaws.

Back