Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Action Hero has become the Traction Hero...

traction2.png

The whole de aging thing is mostly a distraction to me now.

It sucks up the whole scene looking at the cgi and judging it.

Just recast the actor. Solo is a great example, like the film or not, it would not have been improved by even perfect cgi deepfake.

The recast was fine and you were either going to accept a recast or you weren?t.

I doubt anyone would have changed their opinion of the film if it had a perfect Ford deepfake over the recast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's no point in de aging Ford if he still moves like an 80 year old man. Can an 80 year old man run or fight? What does that even look like?
ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

And the deaging tech is just fine. Look here, this is the kid I was telling you about.

giphy.gif

Had they made Deniro any younger, he'd be auditioning for the role of the Bait in "To Catch A Predator"...

At this point in time Ford would be much more believable in a Marcus Brody type role (you know, the guy who once got lost in his own museum) than as Indy. Heck, this year he'll be 20 years older than what Sean Connery was when he played his father in TLC. It's time to face reality and hang up the whip.

this year he'll be 20 years older than what Sean Connery was when he played his father in TLC.

Since Ford found the weed, he has been losing touch with reality.

What it gets down to is, I want to see the heroic adventurer, not Indy as an old man. I could care less about Indy at 70. Recast him and make a good adventure movie.

Indy is bigger than Ford.

What it gets down to is, I want to see the heroic adventurer, not Indy as an old man. I could care less about Indy at 70. Recast him and make a good adventure movie.

I agree, but I imagine the studio execs are gun shy after Solo's lukewarm reception. I was thinking that at the very least we'd get a passable knockoff version of him with the Uncharted movie, but then they cast Tom Holland as a younger Nathan Drake. It still could be a fun movie, but I would have preferred they went with an older, Indy 2.0 version. If that movie is successful, I'm curious who they'd cast for the older ND in the sequel(s). There are probably quite a few actors out there who, while being leery of replacing Ford as Indy, would jump at the chance to play Drake.

Somewhere , a million souls cried out in fear.....and were suddenly silenced.

I agree, but I imagine the studio execs are gun shy after Solo's lukewarm reception. I was thinking that at the very least we'd get a passable knockoff version of him with the Uncharted movie, but then they cast Tom Holland as a younger Nathan Drake. It still could be a fun movie, but I would have preferred they went with an older, Indy 2.0 version. If that movie is successful, I'm curious who they'd cast for the older ND in the sequel(s). There are probably quite a few actors out there who, while being leery of replacing Ford as Indy, would jump at the chance to play Drake.

People need to stop looking at Solo and remember Bond, which has been recast 6 times already.

I say again, Indy is bigger than Ford.

Besides, most people liked Solo (of the few who saw it) so even Solo is bigger than Ford.

Re: Indiana Jones 5 (July 19th, 2019)

No CGI. Christopher Lee actually did that flip after his scene was done.

It?s interesting you bring that up. That?s another thing I disliked about the PT......
Dooku and his fighting style. CL is a great screen presence , but having he fight with a saber was all wrong,

Back