Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ford is an old has been. He looks every bit his age.

Indiana Jones should be recast and set pre-Raiders
Or let Shila just take over. He was pretty good to me.

Either way , Hollywood need to get away from sequels and get more original films coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, we could always get something like this Indiana Jones style:
Harrison-Ford.jpg

-Jim G.G.

Harrison Ford - "Let me act, give me all your money during the box office run, then never talk about me or this movie until my next movie."

Like I said before. I don't except much from this film so I'll probably go in with very low expectations but I do hope it's good enough and I like it. otherwise I'm going to accept LC as the last Indy film and I'll be ok with that.

Having 'Bond' as Indy's companion is a better "last entry" than having the kid from the Transformers movies as his companion (and son).

Of course, now his final companion will be the girl from a TV show called Fleabag...

You guys will totally bag on me if I end up liking it. I know Jim G.G. will. :lol

I think we all want to have good movies. It is just Hollywood acts more like a snake oil salesman than an actual creative genius. The bad is more often than good, so of course pessimism will persist. Just wish they would hit on Indy, SW, Marvel and DC and miss on everything else :lol

When I was a kid my family and I went to Disney MGM Studios in Florida. One of my favorite attractions was the Indiana Jones live show. It was so much fun to see those iconic scenes from Raiders performed live. My favorite part was of course the idol sequence and giant ball. The only part that was disappointing was the big guy not getting decapitated by the plane. Anyway, after the show you could meet the actors in full costume and take pictures with them. The guy that played Indy looked nothing like Ford, but he was young, chiseled, heroic looking, rugged, and charismatic. The girl was pretty cute too. :LOL: That guy is now 61 years old and still working on that show, as a director and trainer of the current young actors playing Indy and Marion.

It was after watching that show I realized two things, Indy was basically a hat and a jacket, and that it was possible for someone to be as good and potentially better than Ford in the role, at least as far as the action and fighting. It was a great show, and yeah, I kind of wanted to be like Indiana Jones. Seeing Ford as an old man dressed in that costume just looks wrong. I know some people here want the film to be good, but it won't. It can't be, unless you accept an old man Indy, but that goes against everything the character represents and everything that made that live show great. Ford doesn't get it either, unfortunately.

Ford looks like he escaped from a mental institution.

nHq2WzK.jpg

The movie releases two weeks after HF's 80th birthday. But looks like he's already well into his cranky old man self...

vW7vyNB.png
He was later seen leaving the rear of the hotel, looking better rested....

A86D0566-E736-4023-96E0-70A76BB715CD.jpeg

Last edited:
Now covid is a convenient excuse for crotchety old Ford to be crotchety. I can only assume that he has been vaccinated.

Tali's pic of Indy going out the back window is great! The plot of the new Indy film revolves around a geriatric immunocompromised Indy heroically escaping constant threat from the paparazzi and autograph hounds.

Depending which vaccine he received, it might not be that effective against the Indian variant.

So I don't blame him not wanting strangers to come right up to him.

Depending which vaccine he received, it might not be that effective against the Indian variant.

So I don't blame him not wanting strangers to come right up to him.
He is known for doing that before Covid!

Yeah I don’t blame Ford there either. What a bunch of asses. Give him his space, especially in COVID times at his age.

Back