Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Indiana Jones 5 (May 2019)

This is going to be great...

INDIANA JONES AND THE GOLDEN WHEELCHAIR

:yess::lol

1) Thread title has the date wrong. It's July 19, 2019

2) I see the Harrison Ford age jokes have already started, right on cue... And they're just as unfunny now as they were in 2008 and when TFA was announced.

2) I see the unfunny Harrison Ford age jokes have already started, right on cue...

Which is strange because he continually holds his own on screen right alongside decades younger costars. For the heck of it I watched a bit of KOTCS the other week and he looks damn well buff in that movie.

Re: Indiana Jones 5 (July 19th, 2019)

If Lucas is involved in the story and writing of it, yes. Also, Spielberg not saying no to him, and over relying on CGI.

So is Lucas totally out this as well? He sold all his properties to Disney correct?

Great, another movie where Harrison phones it in. At this point, I'm actually ok with them doing a reboot and casting someone younger to play Indy. It doesn't need to be a prequel, or a retelling, just tell a new Indy story with someone who is more cable of getting out of a chair without moaning.

YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! No recast? I'm pumped. He was one of the best parts of TFA and whether you dislike KotCS or not, he was pretty much Indy from LC and was not the biggest issue with that movie. I personally grew to like KotCS. I'm sure I'll like this one.

Which is strange because he continually holds his own on screen right alongside decades younger costars. For the heck of it I watched a bit of KOTCS the other week and he looks damn well buff in that movie.

Ford's age hasn't been an issue at all in ANY of these films, so far. Yet people can't help themselves with the same unfunny age jokes. :huh

Ford's age hasn't been an issue at all in ANY of these films, so far. Yet people can't help themselves with the same unfunny age jokes.

And it's not like they aren't advancing the timeline to account for his age or are giving him 20 year old love interests. He just plays 60-70 year old guys the same way any, uh, 60 or 70 year old actor would. :dunno

And it's not like they aren't advancing the timeline to account for his age or are giving him 20 year old love interests. He just plays 60-70 year old guys the same way any, uh, 60 or 70 year old actor would. :dunno

Agreed. Though still more badass than the average 70 year old. :lol

True!

BTW, Khev... I just noticed that we both joined this site in May 2006 and have pretty much the same amount of total posts.

:google

Its a pity that the Pyramids have been used with X-Men: Apocalypse as it would be a great setting, Nazi's searching for the secrets to them and how they were built....they find an answer and its in Israel and in the Tomb of Armageddon. Indy is the central character with a bunch of young students, the Nazi's are all old and have been rebuilding the Reich in the jungles of South America with their children now being the soldiers.

T
BTW, Khev... I just noticed that we both joined this site in May 2006 and have pretty much the same amount of total posts.

That's funny. After ROTS I kind of got back into SW collecting and found this site through rebelscum back about the time that Jedi Luke and ROTS Anakin figures were selling out in minutes. That was before I learned the horror of SSC production figures compared to their prototypes. :lol Then there was the rise and fall of the GI Joe line and now here we are, full circle with TFA again. :duff

Its a pity that the Pyramids have been used with X-Men: Apocalypse as it would be a great setting, Nazi's searching for the secrets to them and how they were built....they find an answer and its in Israel and in the Tomb of Armageddon. Indy is the central character with a bunch of young students, the Nazi's are all old and have been rebuilding the Reich in the jungles of South America with their children now being the soldiers.

Stephen Sommers (Mummy movies/Rise of Cobra) and Paul WS Anderson (AVP) kind of ruined pyramids though. :lol

Hopefully Indy will get stabbed through the chest and go down a jungle toilet in Indian Jones and the Search for the Nursing Home.

Back