"Incredible Hulk" Release Date

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomandshell

Blue Flame of the West/Mod
Reaction score
From the acclaimed director of Transporter 2:

Marvel Studios and Universal Pictures will unleash Marvel's renowned, larger-than-life green Super Hero onto moviegoers everywhere in summer 2008 as they have announced a June 27th release date for the action-packed, new big screen adaptation: The Incredible Hulk. The announcement was made today by Michael Helfant, President and COO, Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige, President of Production for Marvel Studios.

Directed by top rising star Louis Leterrier (Transporter 2, Unleashed), The Incredible Hulk will return to the roots of the long-running comic series, combining a well-developed storyline with incredible action and fun. Zak Penn, who previously collaborated with Marvel on X2 and this summer's smash hit X-Men: The Last Stand, is writing the script. The project is being produced by Avi Arad, Kevin Feige and Gale Anne Hurd and will be executive produced by Michael Helfant, David Womark, and Ari Arad. Marvel Studios is currently casting the project.

The Incredible Hulk is being independently produced by Marvel Studios through its $525 million, non-recourse film finance facility and will be distributed domestically and in several international territories by Universal Pictures.

Feige commented, "'The Incredible Hulk' will be the type of fun, high-octane event film people have come to expect from Marvel. We could not be more excited about this project and our summer 2008 prospects now that we have both our green goliath and our highly-anticipated 'Iron Man' set for release."

Helfant added, "We're very happy that Universal is distributing 'The Incredible Hulk.' We have a history together and this is a great opportunity for both Marvel and Universal to take the 'Hulk' film franchise to another level."

There is no mention of the recent Hulk film at all, as if they wished to totally disassociate with it in hopes that no one remembers it ever happened.

I really hope that they do not rush the production. Showing the origins or both Hulk and Abomination will take more than 2 hours of film.

It says they are casting. Sounds like Bana will not be returning. I assume that the studio is taking the stance that the recent Hulk movie never happened, much like Superman Returns wiped Superman 3 & 4 out of existence.

The Hulk movie was a huge let down for me.I dont like the idea when Marvel movies take themselves too seriously.Hope this one will be better.

hairlesswookiee said:
cool... i wonder if Eric Bana will be Hulk again. i liked the first one even though it wasn't that great.

he'd be nuts to mess up that franchise.he'll be oober rich if he sticks with it.no matter who plays bruce lets hope we don't need to bring pillows to the theater this time around.

I think awhile ago on Sideshow's Marvel page it said that the next Hulk movie is more like a remake than a sequel.

Yeah, I hope we don't get 1998 computer effects like in the last one. That looked like crap. Why did the Hulk bounce like flubber? I mean he's tons of pounds, and he'd land and bounce without leaving a crater? In fact the whole thing, he looked like Flubber, not the Hulk. I hope this new one cleans everything up a bit. And we need Abomination.

Back