InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. What a figure, every picture just looks incredible - I don't even know how I'm gonna pose him - he looks so good.

Looks absolutely stunning - for once I'm happy that there will be a wait [considering I ordered through KGHobby] as I am strapped until the end of October! :ROFLMAO:

I'd love to read JC Hong's thoughts on this, because he really set the bar way back when, as far as skin texture goes. As I understand it, he was the one teaching the factory workers how to paint in his style. So, I really wonder what his next move is.
Retire

Yes please. Imagine Galadriel and Arwen by InArt.. :love:
I will definitely buy 2 of each!
Call me crazy but I want Tauriel

Can this figure take a bad picture?
Nope. In my experience some figures are like that. Some figures you can spend hours taking one photo and others you can take 100 amazing photos in 30 minutes. This is one of those figures.

does Ian McKellan really have one eye that is sort of smaller than the other?

Having recently re-watched the trilogy, he does do that “small eye big eye” glare plenty of times in many close ups. IA captured that perfectly here and gives it personality. Unlike Asmus’ offering where the big eye small eye was a molding defect, which is obvious when you compare it to the proto and the eyes are symmetrical.

No need - for me this isn't perfect either. And not raining on anyone's parade who is happy.

Also, tho I own lots of Gandalfs including WETA, he isn't my favorite Middle Earth character.

E.g. I don't regret not ordering this; it's a very handsome Gandalf who has had great nutrition from the looks of it:monkey3, but I'm happy with the quality of costumes, trim, accessories on both my ASMUS Gandalfs, and here I could see some improvements could have been done by Inart. Just messing around with one of my Nazguls the same fine detailing and weathering on the costume is there, on multiple layers of fabric.

Those details may or may not be a consideration for others but going cheap on fabrics (like cloaks that don't have enough volume) gets on my nerves. Finally, and I never checked, does Ian McKellan really have one eye that is sort of smaller than the other? Anyway anyone who wanted this had opportunity to order.

Just sayin'. Again, I've got InART Aragorn on order. I don't think he is perfect either. But other than buying used, it's the only way I'll get a Ranger Aragorn. I can't even remember if this InArt Aragorn comes with a nice base, and I wish I had the base from the ASMUS Aragorn. Again, something that may not be a consideration for many.
Well, you can read my post again: I feel bad to those who regret purchasing crown Gandalf and the extra head.
And there are members here who regret it. Some even offering to sell their crown Gandalf with a heavy discount.
I was lucky I'm able to sell my crown Gandalf very early, at PO price.

If you don't regret it, then good for you. If you feel like you need to respond to it, even though you feel like you didn't regret it, well.. maybe actually, deep inside your subconscious mind.. you're trying to convince yourself that you don't regret it? Who knows. :whistle:

This InArt Gandalf.. is just another level.
Even some members who originally doesn't want to get it, changed their mind and preordered.
That's how amazing this figure is. I mean, look at this:

2d7617b63e0773d6f1a18886d94d1623.png

And don't worry, you're not raining on anyone's parade. Even if it's raining, with what we're about to get, we'll be dancing in the rain! ;)

Everyone who missed the InArt POs pretending they’re happy with their Asmus Gandalfs:
View attachment 659526
Just teasing, even if I personally can’t begin to understand how trouser trim alone is apparently enough to think a figure is better
:ROFLMAO::LOL:
Touché, Nagoya!

Call me crazy but I want Tauriel
No you're not crazy at all.
The only reason why I didn't write Tauriel is because it's a different license.
But if InArt make Tauriel.. you better believe I will preorder!! ❤️

Having recently re-watched the trilogy, he does do that “small eye big eye” glare plenty of times in many close ups. IA captured that perfectly here and gives it personality. Unlike Asmus’ offering where the big eye small eye was a molding defect, which is obvious when you compare it to the proto and the eyes are symmetrical.
Very good observation!
Shows how detailed InArt is with their sculpt! (y)

Just found out an Odean cinema near me will be showing the whole extended edition trilogy throughout a single day next month, which I will of course be attending.

LOTR love is still going strong in 2023 and I’m all for it. The perfect way to get me even more hyped for Gandalf.
Thanks for mentioning, just checked my local odeon and they have it on too, booked all 3 for the same day 😅

I keep going back and looking at these photos over and over. Just incredible. I really can't believe it.

I know one day this will seem primitive, but right now, I just can't imagine that.
It will take hundreds o'years for InArt Gandalf to take the Primitive Crown of the Toybiz Gandalf.

Okay we're reaching the point where these are starting to look like 1/1 wax statues. Good lord.

This and Aragorn together is gonna be something special.

UrA8KFg.png

Yeah I was thinking that Joker probably had a more complicated situation due to them offering 3 SKUs. You had single Joker, double sculpted Joker and then double rooted Joker. Gandalf doesn't have any of that.
Wow

Well, you can read my post again: I feel bad to those who regret purchasing crown Gandalf and the extra head.
And there are members here who regret it. Some even offering to sell their crown Gandalf with a heavy discount.

If you don't regret it, then good for you. If you feel like you need to respond to it, even though you feel like you didn't regret it, well.. maybe actually, deep inside your subconscious mind.. you're trying to convince yourself that you don't regret it? Who knows. :whistle:

This InArt Gandalf.. is just another level.
Even some members who originally doesn't want to get it, changed their mind and preordered.
That's how amazing this figure is. I mean, look at this:

View attachment 659568

And don't worry, you're not raining on anyone's parade. Even if it's raining, with what we're about to get, we'll be dancing in the rain! ;)

:ROFLMAO::LOL:
Touché, Nagoya!

No you're not crazy at all.
The only reason why I didn't write Tauriel is because it's a different license.
But if InArt make Tauriel.. you better believe I will preorder!! ❤️

Very good observation!
Shows how detailed InArt is with their sculpt! (y)

Yup. What I love about this sculpt (outside of its amazing detail and accuracy) is The eye size difference is subtle where it isn’t forever stuck in a single expression and offers versatility I.e angle of the eyes, the way his head is tilted, lighting…all can invoke different emotions.

Unlike HT Doc Brown. That goofy a** expression is scene specific. It would’ve been ok as an extra accessory…but as the main and only portrait??

Yup. What I love about this sculpt (outside of its amazing detail and accuracy) is The eye size difference is subtle where it isn’t forever stuck in a single expression and offers versatility I.e angle of the eyes, the way his head is tilted, lighting…all can invoke different emotions.

Unlike HT Doc Brown. That goofy a** expression is scene specific. It would’ve been ok as an extra accessory…but as the main and only portrait??
Completely agree.

This Gandalf, you can pose him thinking while smoking his pipe, sitting on a rock.. or wielding his mighty sword looking fierce. Or looking annoyed by the hobbits.. All that without having to change headsculpt. It's a great expression choice by InArt. (y)

Nah. I figured there'd be - for any figure that comes out really well and is believe to "top" another figure - there'd be the usual nyah, nyah, nyah. As for responding to it, of course. Any collector would be curious. Is it so good, do I wanna pay through the nose to get one on the after market? If someone pays up, you can probably get a fig you you really want.

And I stand by what I said in an earlier post - it's a very handsome Gandalf, for sure. If I hadn't had 2 Gandalf figures already, or was just miserable with them, I had plenty of time to preorder. But IMO ASMUS' costumes and details are stellar (where IMO this fig to me falls short, tho not horribly, but still...) so basically it came down to, months ago, do I want ANOTHER Gandalf where basically I'm paying 400$+ or whatever for a head sculpt (and maybe a light up staff tho I don't think anyone knew about that).

Curiosity satisfied, so everyone is happy. Except I'm unhappy about paying so much for Aragorn, but that was my choice too, so there it is.

Back