InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah. I figured there'd be - for any figure that comes out really well and is believe to "top" another figure - there'd be the usual nyah, nyah, nyah. As for responding to it, of course. Any collector would be curious. Is it so good, do I wanna pay through the nose to get one on the after market? If someone pays up, you can probably get a fig you you really want.

And I stand by what I said in an earlier post - it's a very handsome Gandalf, for sure. If I hadn't had 2 Gandalf figures already, or was just miserable with them, I had plenty of time to preorder. But IMO ASMUS' costumes and details are stellar (where IMO this fig to me falls short, tho not horribly, but still...) so basically it came down to, months ago, do I want ANOTHER Gandalf where basically I'm paying 400$+ or whatever for a head sculpt (and maybe a light up staff tho I don't think anyone knew about that).

Curiosity satisfied, so everyone is happy. Except I'm unhappy about paying so much for Aragorn, but that was my choice too, so there it is.
Well, nobody knows what's your subconscious mind is.. not even you ;)
You keep saying over and over again how you are satisfied with asmus Gandalf.. and? the majority of people here thinks the InArt Gandalf is miles better.
We get it, you think the costume of asmus Gandalf is better. Good for you. Some of us didn't think so, and you can't change our mind.
Not even if you keep repeating it over and over again.
Also, you can't tell me not to feel bad for those who regret purchasing crown Gandalf and the extra head.

Other than that, I will quote Nagoya again on his brilliant post:
Everyone who missed the InArt POs pretending they’re happy with their Asmus Gandalfs:
View attachment 659526
Just teasing, even if I personally can’t begin to understand how trouser trim alone is apparently enough to think a figure is better

Last edited:
for me this is the picture that does it.

1693436018393.png

View attachment 659571
You can see the draping of the clothes and the cloak especially along with the weathering, not to mention the staff looks amazing. I had to futz with the Asmus one a lot to get the cloak to fit similar to this and still did not get to this level.

View attachment 659571
That excellent drape will be courtesy of the extremely thin material InArt have opted for, which is why I absolutely do not view that choice as a negative.

Asmus’ Gandalf The White has a WAAAYYY too thick cloak that’s so heavy it barely folds. Same problem with HT’s Lando.

InArt have not taken the cheap approach; it’s the sophisticated one.

That excellent drape will be courtesy of the extremely thin material InArt have opted for, which is why I absolutely do not view that choice as a negative.

Asmus’ Gandalf The White has a WAAAYYY too thick cloak that’s so heavy it barely folds. Same problem with HT’s Lando.

InArt have not taken the cheap approach; it’s the sophisticated one.
Good post, I agree. (y)

But you know, no matter how true it is, there will always be hardcore fans who think that this:
26354168918_b014742167_b.jpeg

is truly an avant garde haute couture that is better than InArt's Gandalf costume. 😌

Some of you all should check yourself. We have a member who is admitting that this is a wonderful looking figure. He just says he’s happy with his Asmus one. For some reason you feel the need to bust his balls though. How about not telling the man how wrong he is and let him be happy with his collection.

I will add this. The only reason I’m getting this figure is because of the head sculpt. I was quite happy with everything else on the Asmus figure. If the new head sculpt from Asmus would have been ready before I put my NRD down I wouldn’t be getting this. As far as the cost. 350 over a year ago and 120 now in my mind isn’t the same as 500 on one figure. I wouldn’t have even batted an eye spending the extra 120 on the sculpt. I just didn’t want to chance losing my NRD.

Last edited:
Same thing happened with InArt Joker. Now that its in everyone's hands there are many people calling attention to its inaccuracies and making it out to be greatly flawed. This will repeat itself here.

Yes, I agree some of you should check yourself.. for example let's start by not saying InArt Gandalf's robe is "cheap" and "unfinished".
Let us be happy with what we're about to get in our collection here, which we think is wonderful! :)

Some of you all should check yourself. We have a member who is admitting that this is a wonderful looking figure. He just says he’s happy with his Asmus one. For some reason you feel the need to bust his balls though. How about not telling the man how wrong he is and let him be happy with his collection.
You’re not allowed to enjoy things here. Get out

I should have spent 120USD (w/o tax and shipping) to upgrade the 400EUR Crown GtG I got about an year ago. Then I would have ended up with GtG wearing GtW face with greyish hair and beard costing even more than the InArt version. What did I get myself into :hammerhead:

Anyway, let's get back to this magnificent figure..
The only reason I’m getting this figure is because it's sooo d*mn good!

View attachment 659591

View attachment 659592
The deep-set eyes really work for Gandalf. Sometimes rolling eyes can look wonky, but they fit this character. Also, these close-up shots really allow me to appreciate those sculpted brows. They look rooted at first glance!

The deep-set eyes really work for Gandalf. Sometimes rolling eyes can look wonky, but they fit this character. Also, these close-up shots really allow me to appreciate those sculpted brows. They look rooted at first glance!
Indeed, my friend.
When it comes to headsculpt, you know I value your opinion! (y)

This Gandalf is so lifelike that at a glance, I thought this is a screencap from the movie:
371890536_318167773915195_4614484469540665193_n.jpeg

There were several occasions if I'm not mistaken, but the one I remember the most is when he visited Bilbo's house, he took the hat off and Bilbo helped to put his hat n staff, but he still wear his cloak.

That's a weird scene, because -- he has his cloak tied around his neck I guess because he's wearing it as a cape (arms not in sleeves?)

The only time I found, now that I've scanned through, is when they first enter the mines and he ignites his gemstone light.

Back