InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a weird scene, because -- he has his cloak tied around his neck I guess because he's wearing it as a cape (arms not in sleeves?)

The only time I found, now that I've scanned through, is when they first enter the mines and he ignites his gemstone light.
Ah yes. That's a good one.
The more reasons if we want to display Gandalf with cloak, but not covering his beautiful hair!

That's what I was looking for, a good scene with cloak on but no hat. Sadly, I'm left with just that wee bit of scene -- basically crossing a threshold. I was hoping he'd keep the cloak on during the troll fight at least, but nope.

That's what I was looking for, a good scene with cloak on but no hat. Sadly, I'm left with just that wee bit of scene -- basically crossing a threshold. I was hoping he'd keep the cloak on during the troll fight at least, but nope.
well you know what they say.. you need to be very agile when you fight trolls.

That's a weird scene, because -- he has his cloak tied around his neck I guess because he's wearing it as a cape (arms not in sleeves?)
Does he wear a different cloak before and after he gets captured by Saruman? The one he wears in Moria doesn't have sleeves, just pairs of strings tied together on each side to sort of form sleeves

The one he wears in Moria doesn't have sleeves, just pairs of strings tied together on each side to sort of form sleeves

What? An alternate robe we never got?

Not sure "sleeves" was the right term I used. But can his "cloak" be worn like a cape as in the beginning? Is the cloak he wears in the beginning the same cloak he wears later while hiking mountains and caves? Granted, he leaves that first one at Isengard but you know how these characters just seem to always have their garments handy. The one later does seem more gray so maybe it is a different cloak that serves the same purpose.

Last edited:
What? An alternate robe we never got?

Not sure "sleeves" was the right term I used. But can his "cloak" be worn like a cape as in the beginning? Is the cloak he wears in the beginning the same cloak he wears later while hiking mountains and caves? Granted, he leaves that first one at Isengard but you know how these characters just seem to always have their garments handy. The one later does seem more gray so maybe it is a different cloak that serves the same purpose.
Did a quick skim and it looks like the cloak/cape he has at the start of the film is only seen then, while he's at the shire. Once he learns about the Ring and leaves with Frodo/Sam to go to Isengard, he suddenly changes to the cloak (off screen) that he then has for the remainder of the film. He never drapes or uses the first cloak/cape other than the way you see it for the few scenes it's in. It just hangs off his back and also looks to have a big draping hood. For the rest of the film, even post Isengard and Rivendell, he uses the cloak that he switched to when he left the Shire to go to Isengard.

Funny enough, this second cloak also happens to suddenly disappear when he stops to remember which way to go when they're down in Moria. It's there in one scene and then when it cuts to him sitting on the rock, it's gone and never returns. His hand sleeve looks to stay consistent, unless if I missed something.

It's interesting to see once you notice it. I never knew that he had two cloaks in the film. The first one rests mainly on his back so you don't really see it much at all before he switches it out.

First Cloak/Cape - Shire:
3351295_f520.jpg
jI12UpA.png

Second Cloak - Isengard/Moria:
zHWbfdT.png

GxeTkkw.png

zQxebAS.png

Or9ggVx.png

tASyGaq.png

Ordered my Gandalf from Spec fiction right when it became available for preorder. How long does that normally take for a US address delivery from a Chinese manufacturer? Is it a China shipment to Spec fiction and then they send out to me?

Ordered my Gandalf from Spec fiction right when it became available for preorder. How long does that normally take for a US address delivery from a Chinese manufacturer? Is it a China shipment to Spec fiction and then they send out to me?
good luck. gonna take awhile if they don't change their freight/shipping method, people who order from them are gonna be the last

good luck. gonna take awhile if they don't change their freight/shipping method, people who order from them are gonna be the last
But are we definitely going to receive our figures from them? Ordered my Premium Batman and Bat-Signal from Spec. Very first order.

Photo review by yanshuai632

WOW :thud:

MyNvMA6.jpg

pnv5iIS.jpg

lotr-galdalf.gif

Dude, I just watched the review and saw some pics (I think there must be another review a few pages further than I thought), and I wasn't as impressed as I was with the proto picturesbut then I saw these and am very impressed.

Looking forward to seeing it in hand. I don't think the clothing looks the best it could be, though. Very thin, doesn't look too premium, but I suppose if it looks like it drapes and replicates it well it's not a problem.

I'm guessing this is mass shipping?

You go thick, you get a brick.. is what the cloak of Asmus one is like w/o the water treatment. Even then its stiff. This one, on the other hand, looks to fit and drape as it should out of the box

Is what i was thinking - in terms of feeling it is only a problem. I could see plainly that it isn't a problem from the later photos in the thread. I suppose 1/3 territory is where you can start to get the thicker material whilst holding a nice drape.

This looks brilliant. After Joker released I wasn't sure on keeping this. But can't wait to receive it, I think the eyes need improvements, but this is close photography, in hand I'm sure it'll be better. But there's a certain look for a lot of the Inart eyes that seem hieroglyphic-ish, especially on Batman.

Anyway, Inart have knocked it out of the park on this one, great job!

There's people on FB saying there's a significant drop in quality over the proto and they are worried sick for Aragorn now...
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Patrick Stewart Reaction GIF
Are you kidding me? Are they blind or what? Some people can never be satisfied smh

Back