InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What part of Florida are you located in? I'm on the central east coast so not much to worry about, but ive been keeping a VERY close eye on this storm.
Northeast so we dodged a bullet for sure. Worst I am getting is tropical storm conditions right now. Praying for those stuck in the path.

Man does this Gandalf look incredible!

I understand what you mean.
I do feel bad -a bit- for asmus.. but they should try better to make the actual production piece close to the prototype. When I bought the crown Gandalf, I thought I'm spending $350 for something similar to what I see in the proto, or at least they will do their extra effort to make it close to that, hence the series name "crown".
But no, the head is full with issues so that now people are spending more money to buy the extra head because they don't like the original head. :(

While InArt, they put the $480 price and we get the actual production piece that is very close to the prototype. We don't feel tricked at all, and it shows that InArt really tried to do their best.
I also feel bad for those who regret spending the same amount on crown Gandalf n the extra head.
This InArt Gandalf really changed everything and brought a new level for 1/6 figures.
This piece really brings a great confidence for the upcoming InArt Aragorn! (y)

Agreed 100%.

Also, I have NO doubt in my mind IA’s Aragorn is gonna blow minds again.

This figure, together with Aragorn are going to be attention stealers on shelves.
As I once mentioned, InArt figures bring back the excitement we used to have as collectors when started. I remember being blown away by HT Bank Robber Joker in 2009, and it got me into collecting 1/6. Let's hope they will continue to do that.

This figure, together with Aragorn are going to be attention stealers on shelves.
As I once mentioned, InArt figures bring back the excitement we used to have as collectors when started. I remember being blown away by HT Bank Robber Joker in 2009, and it got me into collecting 1/6. Let's hope they will continue to do that.
That's my thinking as well. 2007-08 ish us when I started collecting it was Bank Robber Joker, AWE Sparrow and 87 Predator and convinced me to jump on this scale.

I really agree with this no doubt they are amateurs no futzing etc. Gutted they are still using a single stick give us 2 separate eyes!

Other than that looks incredible can't wait to futz this.
For a company that claims they listen they dont really seem like they do. I did not see one person say the one stick eyes is a good idea. And the thing with the magnetic base they are still acting stubborn about. They seem to do what suits them and use it as a way to build trust but I dont think so much of what they do is really based from feedback or in the collectors best interest

Photo review by yanshuai632

WOW :thud:

MyNvMA6.jpg

pnv5iIS.jpg

lotr-galdalf.gif
The set up with the base in the first picture looks so good 😯 this guy is always on point

This shot, with the skin texture, without knowing what scale it was, you'd think it was one of those 1:1 silicon busts. That layered skin effect, I've only seen accomplished with silicone heads. It's crazy ... I may be biased here, but ... with the 1:1 stuff, it's really easy to drop into the uncanny valley, because it's lifesize, it's easier for the brain to see what's wrong, but at 1:6 scale, it hides the minor flaws, so this ... this is really impressive.

I'm sure JC Hong is just like Dwayne here, like "Damn, I can't believe these guys pulled this off"
The Rock Clapping GIF

I'd love to read JC Hong's thoughts on this, because he really set the bar way back when, as far as skin texture goes. As I understand it, he was the one teaching the factory workers how to paint in his style. So, I really wonder what his next move is.
Jc is clapping. But Howard's big ego is getting rubbed the wrong way. Watch hot toys announce a new line of figures from lord of the rings now

Jc is clapping. But Howard's big ego is getting rubbed the wrong way. Watch hot toys announce a new line of figures from lord of the rings now
Chan isn't a fan of High Fantasy. It's been discussed many times and years and years before. HT has had 20+ years to do something with this license. If they try and grab it now it's laughably too little too late.

For a company that claims they listen they dont really seem like they do. I did not see one person say the one stick eyes is a good idea. And the thing with the magnetic base they are still acting stubborn about. They seem to do what suits them and use it as a way to build trust but I dont think so much of what they do is really based from feedback or in the collectors best interest
Have to keep in mind that these things are also stuff that probably didn’t have a lot of chatter on their social media, at least from what I saw. You’re noting single sticks eyes and magnetic bases when the majority of the exposure of that has been through this forum and less than a handful of people posting it in a private FB figure group.
How many people actively brought this to their attention for them to notice? I never saw the base or eye stuff mentioned at all on their FB and Instagram posts. Who knows how it is on their Chinese social media since the majority of us dont have access to that.
The updates to Aragorn, Batman and Gandalf clearly show that they do see and listen to feedback. It’s more so a case of if they’re even aware of these thing or if they think it’s a super minor thing that doesn’t warrant making such a drastic change. Who knows.

Kit, how are you going to handle it if people cancel or do not pay? Do we need to be searching the site all the ti e to see if any more become available or is there are way to get on a waitlist? Super great full I have one on order with you already but I definitely want to grab a second it the chance comes up.

Have to keep in mind that these things are also stuff that probably didn’t have a lot of chatter on their social media, at least from what I saw. You’re noting single sticks eyes and magnetic bases when the majority of the exposure of that has been through this forum and less than a handful of people posting it in a private FB figure group.
How many people actively brought this to their attention for them to notice? I never saw the base or eye stuff mentioned at all on their FB and Instagram posts. Who knows how it is on their Chinese social media since the majority of us dont have access to that.
The updates to Aragorn, Batman and Gandalf clearly show that they do see and listen to feedback. It’s more so a case of if they’re even aware of these thing or if they think it’s a super minor thing that doesn’t warrant making such a drastic change. Who knows.
I remember they were brought up on willfoxifications livestream with inarts social media person when the first batch joker got released

Interesting enough it looks like they were trying to ditch the stick method for the eyes with gandalf and use some magnetic thing but it didn't work. No idea how that will be or when we will see it

Kit, how are you going to handle it if people cancel or do not pay? Do we need to be searching the site all the ti e to see if any more become available or is there are way to get on a waitlist? Super great full I have one on order with you already but I definitely want to grab a second it the chance comes up.
I think it will be like joker. He will wait some time and then put all the extra stock on the site and make a post on social media

I remember they were brought up on willfoxifications livestream with inarts social media person when the first batch joker got released

Interesting enough it looks like they were trying to ditch the stick method for the eyes with gandalf and use some magnetic thing but it didn't work. No idea how that will be or when we will see it
Yeah I’m guessing the magnetic eyes was something new they were trying with this to avoid having sticks at all. They resorted back to Jokers system most likely due to time constraints once they saw that it wasn’t working out. Maybe we’ll see a new solution down the road that works better than the rest.

They clearly are listening to feedback though. Wouldn’t have gotten the changes to Aragorn, Batman and even this figure if they weren’t.
Some favorites...
View attachment 659492
I can't get over how incredible this looks. A bar higher than Joker. I sure hope InArt can keep this level of promise-to-delivery intact for Aragorn.
Loving that last one. You can see the hand sleeve glove there as well so it is indeed on the figure. Gives that underground Moria vibes.

Back