InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope they have the rights to The Hobbit too, and with Gandalf include his staff from that trilogy too. Love that design. I think the new CS Gandalf from Asmus even included it. Would love to see QS tackle some Hobbit characters, too.

The first teasing post with all the figures looks seems to be a photoshopped photo of actual figures. Obviously, the new teaser is 99% a promo photo. We just need to wait.

I love how forgiving people are of a new company who uses altered movie screen shots to tease an expensive 1:6 scale figure. Those same people rake an established company with a long track record of producing figures for the same license over the coals for the most trivial things. :rolleyes:

Well it's just a tease. It's even darkened/blacked out in most parts.
There's other "established" company that shows full display of prototype images for people to preorder and delivered nothing like that, not even close, which caused a mass protest and cancellations from it's customers.
I think that is way worse. :rolleyes:

So let's just wait for the full reveal, and if they failed to deliver what's revealed, then we can all grab our torches and pitchforks. :cool:

Last edited:
Well it's just a tease. It's even darkened/blacked out in most parts.
There's other "established" company that shows full display of prototype images for people to preorder and delivered nothing like that, not even close, which caused a mass protest and cancellations from it's customers.
I think that is way worse. :rolleyes:

So let's just wait for the full reveal, and if they failed to deliver what's revealed, then we can all grab our torches and pitchforks. :cool:
The internet gets the pitchforks ready first, pre-sharpened and puts them down only when it’s safe. ;D

Hope they have the rights to The Hobbit too, and with Gandalf include his staff from that trilogy too. Love that design. I think the new CS Gandalf from Asmus even included it. Would love to see QS tackle some Hobbit characters, too.

Hobbit characters may be the only thing I pick up...hard to say for me, except for the Hobbit. I have WETA pieces including Gandalf; both of ASMUS' Gandalfs.

I could see Queen doing Thorin in full gold armor (try finding WETA's Thorin/throne for decent price, or even WETA's original Thorin). I'd be willing to shell out for that.

E.g, dunno how far I need repeat characters like another Gandalf - how many Gandalfs do I need?

Whatever they do, am scared of the price. :horror

It's definitely dishonest. They literally say on their Facebook page "We are proud to share with you an early look at the much-anticipated 1/6 Gandalf-the second collectible sixth scale figure from InArt."
:lol It's pretty hilarious lol
Still, I hope they reveal the actual figure soon, I plan to buy all their LOTR stuff, and I really hope they announce an Aragorn this year.

Last edited:
I love how forgiving people are of a new company who uses altered movie screen shots to tease an expensive 1:6 scale figure. Those same people rake an established company with a long track record of producing figures for the same license over the coals for the most trivial things. :rolleyes:
Queen is not a new company. They have been around for years and have been producing great work the whole time.

They aren't a new company though. They're just new at making 1/6 figures. Queen Studios has been around for years and has made/released a great many officially licensed products from MCU, DC, Transformers and other well known properties. I think almost everyone agrees that it was bad form to use the live action promo pic instead of the actual figure for the tease though. But, we also are 90% sure the figure is going to be revealed late tomorrow (depending on your time zone) during the live stream which I think is helping folks be more forgiving since we're going to see it sooner than later.

I do think that if they were going to use the real life promo pic, they should've just used the actual photo with some sort of text saying "stay tuned for full reveal" or something to that effect, instead of putting the heavy shadowy filter on it alluding to it being the actual figure when it in-fact wasn't.

Hobbit characters may be the only thing I pick up...hard to say for me, except for the Hobbit. I have WETA pieces including Gandalf; both of ASMUS' Gandalfs.

I could see Queen doing Thorin in full gold armor (try finding WETA's Thorin/throne for decent price, or even WETA's original Thorin). I'd be willing to shell out for that.

E.g, dunno how far I need repeat characters like another Gandalf - how many Gandalfs do I need?

Whatever they do, am scared of the price. :horror
People say otherwise but Hobbit merch sells. Look at the aftermarket for a lot of it. Even the Bridge Direct 6 inch Azog goes for $100+. I managed to grab him a few weeks ago for around $85 (I love Azog and just really wanted the figure for a long time). And you’re right on the Thorin statues, pricey as hell. Same goes for a lot of the other dwarves. Was looking at Weta’s Bolg statue and even opened but still “new” it sold after bids for like $600+.

People say otherwise but Hobbit merch sells. Look at the aftermarket for a lot of it. Even the Bridge Direct 6 inch Azog goes for $100+. I managed to grab him a few weeks ago for around $85 (I love Azog and just really wanted the figure for a long time). And you’re right on the Thorin statues, pricey as hell. Same goes for a lot of the other dwarves. Was looking at Weta’s Bolg statue and even opened but still “new” it sold after bids for like $600+.
I feel like anything Thranduil holds value too but that may be just anecdotal.

Wow the prototype looks great, they even teased Frodo!
ED39AB36-132A-4C74-8C94-34BDB4C8CC0E.jpeg
9FEF53BB-C2B9-481B-95E8-FB1CB41B2D26.jpeg
1EBF5109-1784-45D9-9072-40B26DE05F03.jpeg
1A7B111D-2C47-4722-95E6-515305B70724.jpeg
B7B0D686-1132-4540-9795-359EF9948FDA.jpeg

I feel like anything Thranduil holds value too but that may be just anecdotal.
I think so - am on the 'bay a lot and it's slim pickings in Hobbit land lately; or prices are absurd. Been a very long time since I've seen WETA's first Thranduil for resale. Think there is one TOE. Haven't checked on ASMUS but their Thranduil is hard to come by. It's to the point I feel like with Hobbit stuff I missed just to hope I get lucky or be prepared to cough up 3-4x original retail.:cry: For a not-new piece or figure.

Think the negativity around Amazon's effort isn't helping. Like folks are gonna hang on to their stuff from the Jackson films.

Back