InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah this is how I took it as well. More of a "here's a tease of what the next character is gonna be!". If they started using actual actor photos for their announcement photos, that would be a different story.

They have no issue actually teasing their upcoming figures and sculpts like they did with The Batman so I doubt this is anything beyond that.
Honestly their biggest mistake was making a Facebook group anyway. I'm sure most of us appreciate the updates and communication but it really brings all of the entitled crybabies out of the woodwork, demanding updates and explainations for things.

I think comparing QS to M8 is a bit of a stretch. QS at the very least has many actual products in ppls hands. Yes, those are statues and not 1/6 figures but they have delivered on their products and have some legitimacy behind their name. M8 had no products or track record whatsoever along with making huge claims of what they were going to do but could barely deliver a mediocre John Lennon figure. QS is obviously stumbling a bit in the 1/6 department as they're learning to walk and ferocious 1/6 collectors don't make it any easier. I think they underestimated the keyboard warriors that the 1/6 community has as their statue collectors don't make as much noise :lol

Tease or no tease…I’ve still never been more relieved that I sold my entire Asmus collection when I did.
Something always nagged away at me and told me that those films deserved better figures…didn’t imagine it would actually happen so soon after selling them!

Tease or no tease…I’ve still never been more relieved that I sold my entire Asmus collection when I did.
Something always nagged away at me and told me that those films deserved better figures…didn’t imagine it would actually happen so soon after selling them!
Smart move, and lucky you!!

Only thing that worries me is them using a promotional still from The Hobbit while saying it's from Fellowship of the Ring. I want the Fellowship staff.

We have no idea how deep they will go with any of their lines. I would be careful about going crazy and selling all your figures. If you really are a big LOTR fan, you might end up with only a handful of figures. And don't forget, they will have to make 10 Batman figures for every other figure they make to satisfy the mob.

We have no idea how deep they will go with any of their lines. I would be careful about going crazy and selling all your figures. If you really are a big LOTR fan, you might end up with only a handful of figures. And don't forget, they will have to make 10 Batman figures for every other figure they make to satisfy the mob.
Well tho, maybe people don't care - dunno. Maybe if folks get a "perfect sculpt" Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas and maybe a Sauron they're good.

For myself - am happy with my ASMUS figs AND the price I paid; not sure I wanna spend another ~1,000$ on the same characters. Will concede tho that nobody seems to have gotten Aragon right - close, but not quite there. So if Queen is gonna do Aragorn, this will be interesting.

Queen will handle the big shots. Those main characters that need perfect likeness and great quality.
With Joker, the sculpted one is $300, cheaper than asmus' deluxe arwen. So price point is still ok. I imagine if they can do sculpted hair on Ledger Joker, they can do the same with Aragorn.
That other company can deal with second tier characters, or those that doesn't need any proper likeness (monsters, orcs, helmeted characters).
Win win.

LoL dodgy way to tease a figure. Take a film promo pic, darken the whole lot and slap ‘1/6 collectible figure‘ over the top of it to make it look for all the world like a partial reveal.

Not in the same league as M8 but it does tell you they don’t yet ‘get’ the community.

I'm looking forward to this Queen Gandalf.

I have the old Asmus Gandalf, the one that was supposed to get the rooted head (for a price) but I've still heard nothing about being able to upgrade the head. Good thing too, because with what I saved NOT buying the Crown Gandalf or the supposed replacement heads, I'll have enough to buy the Queen Gandalf... and never need another again.

LoL dodgy way to tease a figure. Take a film promo pic, darken the whole lot and slap ‘1/6 collectible figure‘ over the top of it to make it look for all the world like a partial reveal.

Not in the same league as M8 but it does tell you they don’t yet ‘get’ the community.

Yep, unless their Gandalf is really so good it can perfectly mimic that publicity photo.

We will soon see...

I'd say they don't get some of the community. I'd be inclined to think that most people saw the shadowed outline, realised it was Gandalf, got excited and then moved on.

I'm looking forward to this Queen Gandalf.

I have the old Asmus Gandalf, the one that was supposed to get the rooted head (for a price) but I've still heard nothing about being able to upgrade the head. Good thing too, because with what I saved NOT buying the Crown Gandalf or the supposed replacement heads, I'll have enough to buy the Queen Gandalf... and never need another again.
Haha..
Speaking of the other company's promises.. I had a lengthy conversation with their rep via this forum's inbox/conversation. And when I mentioned their promise to send replacement head for Tauriel, well.. here's what he said:

"For Tauriel:
We had a plan to release another Tauriel, distored or not, the head was not good enough.
the plan was held back, because the Hobbits (all the Hobbit figures) do not sell well,
we didn't sell enough to support another release.
But this is not a empty promise, we have just recently send free Frodo heads to people as well.
if a Tauriel was done, it will be available to all the previous buyers too."

So, we'll just have to wait till I don't know when to get the replacement head. Same thing goes for your old gandalf, I suppose.
It's funny just to read it.. "if we make a new one, you'll get the replacement head. But currently we have no clear plan on making a new one". 😆

You can keep calling those ppl "manbabies" and "crybabies" if it helps you rationalize InArt's post better and yes some probably are but words also have meaning and reasonable people can also interpret their post as them claiming to be showing us an early look at their figure.

Ftr I'm sure their actual figure will be brilliant, I'm really excited about it and I haven't lost faith in them delivering for us.

"We are proud to share with you an early look at the much-anticipated 1/6 Gandalf-the second collectible sixth scale figure from InArt."

But this is not a empty promise, we have just recently send free Frodo heads to people as well.

They have sent out Frodo heads? When... and to whom?

I just recently found an email from May of last year telling me that I was "on the list" for a Frodo replacement head... but not a peep since.

Maybe I should follow up with them based on your conversation...?

They have sent out Frodo heads? When... and to whom?

I just recently found an email from May of last year telling me that I was "on the list" for a Frodo replacement head... but not a peep since.

Maybe I should follow up with them based on your conversation...?
I dunno.
Thats what he wrote to me. I still have the conversation in my inbox.

You can try to follow up on them, but you know their reputation.. 😅

Bad start but I’m hopeful to see some tangible evidence of “better” portraits.

Yeah the picture used is misleading haha, they should avoid stuff like that it never comes across well.
I’m sure the figure will be fantastic regardless.

Back