InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow the prototype looks great, they even teased Frodo!
From the look of this teaser pic QS are going all out

rohirrim_before_battle_format_two21.jpeg

I thought John from Queen in that interview said they had no plans for Frodo and said he couldn't even see how that would look?

True, but since then, "Lord of the Rings (All main characters)" made it to second place for the 2000s poll. If Gandalf and Legolas sell, I wouldn't discount an eventual Frodo.

I would welcome a Frodo... I was a little disappointed when he said that. Figured only Gandalf, Legolas and Aragorn would get made. But hopefully a few more. At least Frodo and Gimli.

I wonder if Queen has the rights to specifically Fellowship of the Ring only. I don't know why the rights would be split up like that, but it is interesting that even though the poll was asking for "LOTR (All main characters)" in their official results graphic, they changed it to specify Fellowship of the Ring.

saw0rliyh1r81.jpg

Advertising a future figure with an official screenshoot isn't anything out of the ordinary, however, advertising a screenshot as an actual figure is strange to say the least, not sure why they did that with the announcement so close.

Last edited:
I think so - am on the 'bay a lot and it's slim pickings in Hobbit land lately; or prices are absurd. Been a very long time since I've seen WETA's first Thranduil for resale. Think there is one TOE. Haven't checked on ASMUS but their Thranduil is hard to come by. It's to the point I feel like with Hobbit stuff I missed just to hope I get lucky or be prepared to cough up 3-4x original retail.:cry: For a not-new piece or figure.

Think the negativity around Amazon's effort isn't helping. Like folks are gonna hang on to their stuff from the Jackson films.
That’s the worst when it’s that much and it’s not brand new sealed in packing. I did it for Asmus Tauriel a few months ago since I was dying for the figure and for almost a year no one was selling even used ones. But a seller had one pretty much new with all accessories for 3x retail and I caved… but still one of my favorite Middle-earth pieces.

That’s the worst when it’s that much and it’s not brand new sealed in packing. I did it for Asmus Tauriel a few months ago since I was dying for the figure and for almost a year no one was selling even used ones. But a seller had one pretty much new with all accessories for 3x retail and I caved… but still one of my favorite Middle-earth pieces.
If you acquired a fav and it's in good shape - IMO that's all that matters. If I had missed Thorin I would have done the same, for sure. And probably young Bilbo and Thranduil. I still am mildly annoyed with myself for not picking up the DX Strider Aragorn when I could have.

But he's not a fav character of mine...so I won't be paying E-bay prices for him. Not that he's readily available.

Mostly now with my ASMUS figs - especially the favorites - I just feel like greedily hoarding them. Mine, mine, mine.:lol

Queen definitely needs a better translator for their communications...

In the video they only say Gandalf's name twice, but they still manage to call him Gandalf the Grey one time and Gandalf the White the other.

Last edited:
Back