InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have Crown Series GTG but I am 1000% getting this one as well :) I believe it will be top-notch quality with the best materials and 10/10 head sculpt. I can not pass on that even if the price is horrendous.

Very curious to see the options on this one after seeing what they did with the Joker. Do you think this one with have 3 buying choices?

It's the same idea using real car photos to try and sell a model/toy car. You guys decide if that's considered a con, lol.
But they're not selling the figure based on this pic. If they put up a product listing with pictures of the actor instead of the figure then yeah, that's shady, but that's not what this is. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I just don't care, there are more important things to worry about than a teaser image that you can't see anything on anyway.

But they're not selling the figure based on this pic. If they put up a product listing with pictures of the actor instead of the figure then yeah, that's shady, but that's not what this is. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I just don't care, there are more important things to worry about than a teaser image that you can't see anything on anyway.
I agree with you as well. This is just a tease of what character is comming. I am sure the prototype will be 10/10.

1:6 community is such a bunch of cry manbabies.

1649427298099.png

I havn't seen a figure or statue company teasing their product with a real photo. It's misleading. So I can understand the complaints.

For me personally, I was a bit surprised first. But no big deals. I will just wait for the real reveal.

Morning, sleepy eyes G was super excited to see that tease....then alive and kickin' G was definitely disappointed to find out it was a promo pic from the Hobbit :lol

While I agree that they should've just used the actual figure to do the tease, I'm not too miffed considering they're probably going to reveal the real thing on their hour long live stream in just a few days on the 10th

I agree with you as well. This is just a tease of what character is comming. I am sure the prototype will be 10/10.

1:6 community is such a bunch of cry manbabies.
This exactly. They just revealed what character would be the next figure based on. Jeezzzz...

Iā€™m guessing it was a matter of semantics and they intended for it just to be a kind of ā€œhere is the next character weā€™re working onā€ type of statement rather than them trying to fool anybody into thinking that was the actual figure.

Regardless, theyā€™ll have to show the actual figure at some point so no big deal that they used a blurry promo shot as a way to introduce the line.

Iā€™m guessing it was a matter of semantics and they intended for it just to be a kind of ā€œhere is the next character weā€™re working onā€ type of statement rather than them trying to fool anybody into thinking that was the actual figure.

Regardless, theyā€™ll have to show the actual figure at some point so no big deal that they used a blurry promo shot as a way to introduce the line.
Yeah this is how I took it as well. More of a "here's a tease of what the next character is gonna be!". If they started using actual actor photos for their announcement photos, that would be a different story.

They have no issue actually teasing their upcoming figures and sculpts like they did with The Batman so I doubt this is anything beyond that.

wkdzVJ1.jpg
UozPuFJ.jpg

Last edited:
Why am I getting M8 vibes here?
Right??? :lol Iā€™m honestly starting to feel a bit nervous.

Though Iā€™ve never bought anything from Queen Studios, I trust them, to some extent, to deliver something. Fingers crossed that their $1,000 Joker turns out good.

Back