InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Capes are usually made with a constant radius from the neck, this isn’t. This seems more like an ellipse. Either the sides are shorter or the back is longer.
Hard edge? It’s just folded out of the way emphasizing the difference in length.

View attachment 698190

Capes can be any amount of a circle, Battinson looks like most of a full circle, where when the ‘sides’ are draped down in front of him instead of folded over his shoulder the bottom of the cape is uniform length.

View attachment 698191
Insightful, thanks! I was trying to wrap my head around on how they were achieving such a drastic difference in length appearance if done on a single half circle pattern a usual cape would have. The shots I posted above has it looking like the sides were cut drastically shorter with there being such a sharp fold on his back. I guess folding it a certain way would give it that drastic length difference look that it has?

I would likely never pose The Batman in costume without his cowl, so the small size of the Wayne 'raccoon' head in truly inconsequential to me... but it should be scaled correctly.

It may very well be those wide shoulders exacerbated by the shoulder guards.

He says that the metal arrows/darts are non-removable,

but here around 3:20 they definitely are. What a cool feature!

Yeah, I did see someone remove a dart in one of the reviews and thought it was a nice feature. Gave me an idea for a cool pose.

Insightful, thanks! I was trying to wrap my head around on how they were achieving such a drastic difference in length appearance if done on a single half circle pattern a usual cape would have. The shots I posted above has it looking like the sides were cut drastically shorter with there being such a sharp fold on his back. I guess folding it a certain way would give it that drastic length difference look that it has?
Yes. I kept editing my reply so there’s more info in. I think with how he zips up the cape into a wingsuit it must be able to drape all around him and have his arms stretched out so could be an entire circle when laid flat.

With the offset neck hole, folding back over his shoulder would make it look different lengths.

Capes are usually made with a constant radius from the neck, this isn’t. This seems more like an ellipse. Either the sides are shorter or the back is longer.
Hard edge? It’s just folded out of the way emphasizing the difference in length.

View attachment 698190

Capes can be any amount of a circle, Battinson looks like most of a full circle, where when the ‘sides’ are draped down in front of him instead of folded over his shoulder the bottom of the cape is uniform length.

View attachment 698191

Edit:
In which case, the radius of the cape could be uniform, but with the neck off centre, like this drawing I just did.

View attachment 698192
This is great stuff
jerry-watching-movie-popcorn-yt7ohysvpv24hkme.gif

View attachment 698190

View attachment 698191

Edit:
In which case, the radius of the cape could be uniform, but with the neck off centre, like this drawing I just did.

View attachment 698192

This is amazing.

Yes. I kept editing my reply so there’s more info in. I think with how he zips up the cape into a wingsuit it must be able to drape all around him and have his arms stretched out so could be an entire circle when laid flat.

With the offset neck hole, folding back over his shoulder would make it look different lengths.
Yeah it being an almost complete circle is interesting. Would explain the excess fabric they must have had for it to drape and fold so sharply on his back.

I’m guessing most companies didn’t think about this either since I have yet to see any cape from both figure or statue accomplish the movie look. I hope Jaxon does when he makes his custom cape.

For anyone else who ordered the Hot Toys version through PopCultcha, they allow balance transfers to other items in lieu of cash refunds.

Might be neat to get the Hot Toys Batcycle for $300 off by transferring your Hot Toys Battinson order to it. I’m currently debating that.

Are there no wires at the top of the cape I wonder? Or can people really not be ****** to manipulate/futz it.

View attachment 698199
Seems like the latter, tbh. And I can't say I'm any better about it. That's why I hope including two capes a la Superman, one wired and one draped, will become the new standard. Wired capes are excellent for posing, but I get so frustrated trying to get them to look natural in a non-action pose.

Back