InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s a mix of shine and matte. Thats why I decided I’m going to kitbash the two. Hot toys has the shiny shoulder pads which is more accurate than the matte finish of Inart. Bicep armor is also supposed to be shiny in certain portions of the model.

IMG_1386.jpeg

I gotta say, I’m surprised to see so many people prefer the sculpted hair on this. I honestly thought it would be the other way around. I’m not really sure I can say I have a preference one way or the other from looking at pictures, except that I always think that rooted hair gives that extra bit of realism, especially on a figure like this that’s fully covered/costumed.
I don’t mind futzing the hair a bit to get it exactly how I want it either, but I totally understand that’s not something everyone wants to do, and sculpted hair definitely has the advantage of matching most of the other figures in my collection, too.

It's a bit of a tricky time for anything to release. If they release in Feb, it'll be around Chinese New Years, which will have all factories being closed. I'm guessing we won't really see much until March at the earliest.
I always forget that everything shuts down for two weeks because of Chinese new year! You’re totally right. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I did ask Inart on Facebook if they had any updates about the delay, and while they were careful about the phrasing, they essentially said that it was up to the schedule of the warehouse to start shipping. So I would guess that the first wave of the production is either done and on its way to their warehouse for shipping, or will be soon-ish? So hopefully March is pretty realistic.

They also noticed it was my birthday on Saturday and wished me a happy belated birthday, which I thought was thoughtful and was surprised by.
I don’t want to know how much money I’ve given Hot Toys over the years, but they would never respond to a message, much less notice something like that and wish me a happy birthday. Obviously that’s just a small thing, but it says a lot to me about how much InArt must value their customers.

I gotta say, I’m surprised to see so many people prefer the sculpted hair on this. I honestly thought it would be the other way around. I’m not really sure I can say I have a preference one way or the other from looking at pictures, except that I always think that rooted hair gives that extra bit of realism, especially on a figure like this that’s fully covered/costumed.
I don’t mind futzing the hair a bit to get it exactly how I want it either, but I totally understand that’s not something everyone wants to do, and sculpted hair definitely has the advantage of matching most of the other figures in my collection, too.
I dont know why but I’ve always preferred sculpted hair for the InArt figures. It’s already styled perfectly for the character without any futzing around and it always pops. I even preferred it for the final production Joker figures too. I just think it’s pops more with sculpted but I may just be lazy 🤷🏽‍♂️ plus all my figures are all sculpted hair too so that’s maybe why I like it more. I must say though if the figure is actually rooted and the hair is punched in with a needle I may like that more since I do live in Sydney Australia and it sure does get humid

Attachments

• IMG_2991.jpeg
    IMG_2991.jpeg
    429 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2989.jpeg
    IMG_2989.jpeg
    232.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2990.jpeg
    IMG_2990.jpeg
    300.3 KB · Views: 0
I don't think the sculpted hair for inart jokor was all that nice. It looked like spaghetti strands glued together. The rooted one is far superior to it.
I dont know i felt like the rooted hair made the sculpt look like it has a big head

Yea, when it comes to TDK Joker, I'd say HT newest sculpted hair version has the InArt beat, but I do really like the sculpted hair on the Battison figure even though I went with the rooted version their as well.
I went for the rooted hair, too.
I’ll have a version with sculpted hair from the HT, so I figured I’d do the rooted Inart.
My HT figure arrives tomorrow, so I don’t have it in hand yet, but from all the pictures I’ve seen, the HT Pattinson portrait looks really good to me.

Given that it a not a long of a hair style, I always prefer the sculpted hair for it.
Unless it a characters who have longer hair style for example like WonderWoman or Harley Quinn then I wouldn’t mind having a rooted hair.
It great that there option to choose just wish Hot Toys implement that choice.

I keep thinking about this figure and how awesome it looks. So, I went ahead and pulled the trigger with a pre-order with Kit. My only 1/6 scale pre-orders now are this and Aragorn. Both are characters that I like but am not in love with, and are the kinds of figures I could pass on from a company like Hot Toys. But Inart has really stoked the flames of my 1/6 scale passions with their quality and attention to detail (stupid, horrible, no good, very bad Joker base aside). It feels like I'm buying a high end custom, and not just a really nice toy, but at essentially the same cost as Hot Toys. Honestly feels like a great value for their products, despite the steep price.

Was watching BigBreda on youtube during his live stream, he mentioned that he heard rumour that IA might be shipping a small 1st batch before CNY....
Not sure how accurate..
That would be great. If it goes according to plan, Joker PO comes out end of Jan, then Pattinson Batman releases 3 weeks from now. I don’t mind having it ship March - April I really just want to see the in hand reviews so bad.

If they took so long taking feedback on the headsculpt and they haven’t shared the newer version I am dying to see that revision.

Last edited:
I hope people that ordered this recently with Kit know that they are most definitely in the last batch and for a prospective in your possible wait time, it took Inart 6 months to fully release their pennywise figure and that batch ruins significantly smaller then the SKU for this.. strap yourself in for a minimum 6 month wait once actually released for your Batman people

I hope people that ordered this recently with Kit know that they are most definitely in the last batch and for a prospective in your possible wait time, it took Inart 6 months to fully release their pennywise figure and that batch ruins significantly smaller then the SKU for this.. strap yourself in for a minimum 6 month wait once actually released for your Batman people
While you're not wrong about typical wait times, wasn't it said that InArt were increasing their production force so that the wait times won't be as long as previous figures.

Last edited:
Has Pennywise been fully released? Haven't seen much about him or many in hand picks on here so haven't really followed. Also he was released early September, so it's been just over 4 months since the reviewer batch was first released for Pennywise.

Has Pennywise been fully released? Haven't seen much about him or many in hand picks on here so haven't really followed. Also he was released early September, so it's been just over 4 months since the reviewer batch was first released for Pennywise.

I’m pretty sure I saw Kit post about sending the “final invoices” for Pennywise a week or so ago on facebook.

I’m pretty sure I saw Kit post about sending the “final invoices” for Pennywise a week or so ago on facebook.
Nice, so really we are looking at about 4.5 months for Pennywise which is the smallest run. Gandalf is at 5 months now, but not sure on that percentage of release. So yeep, The Batman will probably be somewhere around what Joker was and take at least 6 months unless they boost production.

While you're not wrong, wasn't it said that InArt were increasing their production force so that the wait times won't be as long as previous figures.
Rumor is it's something they're working on atm but I highly doubt it's anything we'll see in full effect soon. Especially for Batman who's already way into production. Maybe for Harry Potter and Cavill Superman?

Back