InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my hands on the Hot Toys version and i was not impressed, I hope Inart's version is better.
AAE54E97-3999-4548-8271-6B11CBC1E226.jpeg

Be nice to HT Battinson he’s trying 😁

In all honesty I was very impressed with Hot Toys but I just dislike that so many people need to buy extra parts to make this look that bit extra for accuracy that could have been done in the first place for the final production
If it's HT you know customizers will add or mod it. InArt isn't exempt from that also but I hope it's 100% perfect or at least 95% accurate so we don't have to get anything for it and can be happy with it stock.

In all honesty I was very impressed with Hot Toys but I just dislike that so many people need to buy extra parts to make this look that bit extra for accuracy that could have been done in the first place for the final production
Accuracy can be somewhat subjective to a collector, people swore InArt were showing 3 different headsculpts for their Batman and people argued which was more ‘accurate’. I imagine a similar thing is happening with the Hot Toys version. And both could be 100% accurate according to the source material they’re working with, 1 might be the costume fitting/screen test, the other could be a stunt suit.

Accuracy can be somewhat subjective to a collector, people swore InArt were showing 3 different headsculpts for their Batman and people argued which was more ‘accurate’. I imagine a similar thing is happening with the Hot Toys version. And both could be 100% accurate according to the source material they’re working with, 1 might be the costume fitting/screen test, the other could be a stunt suit.
You do make a fair point here

Or in the case of the Tobey Spiderman a tribute and homage to the Mego Spiderman.

I am nice ! Took some pics and sold it to someone that will love him for what he is.View attachment 683793View attachment 683794View attachment 683795
I mean, he looks pretty good in those pics 🤣
My HT is supposed to arrive Tuesday, I’m excited to see how I feel about him.
View attachment 683689
Be nice to HT Battinson he’s trying 😁
What’s hilarious to me, and I’m genuinely not being sarcastic, is that to 99% of people that is a spectacular figure. But here, we’re like “meh, it’s doing its best” 🤣🤣

I mean, he looks pretty good in those pics 🤣
My HT is supposed to arrive Tuesday, I’m excited to see how I feel about him.

What’s hilarious to me, and I’m genuinely not being sarcastic, is that to 99% of people that is a spectacular figure. But here, we’re like “meh, it’s doing its best” 🤣🤣
That's because I did my best to make him look as good as possible.
But in all fairness it is a really good looking figure, but there's flaws that i hope Inart will fix with their release.

Here's a list :

- Proportions could be better.

- Collar and the torso armor piece are not accurate.

-The cape is TERRIBLE.

- The standard did not include the sticky bomb gun. (dick move by HT)

- The unmasked head doesn't pop on the neck peg when you use the collar piece.

- The extra cowl should be shorter since the lower part is supposed to be around is neck

- Overall the plastic looks a little too shiny, i think next to Inart it will make the HT look much more toy like.

That's because I did my best to make him look as good as possible.
But in all fairness it is a really good looking figure, but there's flaws that i hope Inart will fix with their release.

Here's a list :

- Proportions could be better.

- Collar and the torso armor piece are not accurate.

-The cape is TERRIBLE.

- The standard did not include the sticky bomb gun. (dick move by HT)

- The unmasked head doesn't pop on the neck peg when you use the collar piece.

- The extra cowl should be shorter since the lower part is supposed to be around is neck

- Overall the plastic looks a little too shiny, i think next to Inart it will make the HT look much more toy like.
The cape thing is weird, and I said this in the HT thread too, but I reckon at this point it must be deliberate on HT’s part. This is something we’ll probably never learn, but I suspect that they must operate using a budget for every figure, because there’s no reason they couldn’t or wouldn’t do better capes. I think that majority of collectors, even collectors who like certain properties or characters enough to shell out for a HT figure (but aren’t maniacs like all of us) just look at the movie and look at the character and think “yup, that’s a cape.”
Leaving out the sticky bomb gun is SUCH a weird thing to do, too. Like, why? I wish it was something they’d give us the reasoning behind.

The cape thing is weird, and I said this in the HT thread too, but I reckon at this point it must be deliberate on HT’s part. This is something we’ll probably never learn, but I suspect that they must operate using a budget for every figure, because there’s no reason they couldn’t or wouldn’t do better capes. I think that majority of collectors, even collectors who like certain properties or characters enough to shell out for a HT figure (but aren’t maniacs like all of us) just look at the movie and look at the character and think “yup, that’s a cape.”
Leaving out the sticky bomb gun is SUCH a weird thing to do, too. Like, why? I wish it was something they’d give us the reasoning behind.
Honestly it makes no sense at all to leave the gun as a Deluxe only accessory.
Absolutely no sense.

Same, It’ll be cool to see them side by side. I kept going back on forth on cancelling one or selling one when I’ve got both, but it’s a good opportunity to have one with the cowl on and one with the R.Pats portrait.

I almost think that InArt would be better off just not doing releases with sculpted hair. If there was just one version of Batman and one of Bruce, they have at least a little less need to delay, just by virtue of the manufacturing being more efficient.
I understand some people may not like that, but if they’re positioning themselves as making the most premium figures, then just sticking to rooted hair going forward makes more sense to me.
I get where you are coming from but personally I think sculpted hair is more premium looking than rooted hair in many instances, including this figure, in part because they have total control over sculpts and can get it to look exactly as they want. For something like Gandalf it is a different story, but I also feel Ledger joker was a lot more aesthetically pleasing and has more presence with the sculpted hair. I think both are about equal on Aragorn but we will see on the production versions. Because collectors have different opinions, I think they are making the right move providing both in most instances.

I get where you are coming from but personally I think sculpted hair is more premium looking than rooted hair in many instances, including this figure, in part because they have total control over sculpts and can get it to look exactly as they want. For something like Gandalf it is a different story, but I also feel Ledger joker was a lot more aesthetically pleasing and has more presence with the sculpted hair. I think both are about equal on Aragorn but we will see on the production versions. Because collectors have different opinions, I think they are making the right move providing both in most instances.
Yup. I keep ordering the sculpted hair versions because I honestly just like the look of them more.

While InArt is almost certainly going to win on proportions, I’ll be very curious to see how the materials compare between the two releases. InArt definitely seems to be nailing areas that HT’s release is lacking in i.e. the sharpness of the abs and the cape draping, but I also feel like InArt’s figure looks very matte. One of the things that makes this suit shine on camera is the range of materials and I feel like Hot Toys have done a slightly better job at that based on what we’ve seen of InArt’s prototype.

While InArt is almost certainly going to win on proportions, I’ll be very curious to see how the materials compare between the two releases. InArt definitely seems to be nailing areas that HT’s release is lacking in i.e. the sharpness of the abs and the cape draping, but I also feel like InArt’s figure looks very matte. One of the things that makes this suit shine on camera is the range of materials and I feel like Hot Toys have done a slightly better job at that based on what we’ve seen of InArt’s prototype.
I wouldn't say the suit has a shine to it but it's mostly due to the fact he's soaked from the rain on screen. I'm hoping though it's just lightning making the suit look more matte then it is.

Back