InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How can you possibly know that you’ll like the next suit better? So far, to me, this is the best Batsuit ever designed and I can’t wait to have a figure of it.

You can always sell it and buy the next one instead.
This. I loved how utilitarian it was. It echoed elements of Bermejo, Gary Frank, and others who tended to “ground” their interpretations in reality, yet, somehow, I don’t know. It managed to trump Batfleck’s beefy Miller-esque muscle suit in terms of delivering an aesthetic that really just felt like the source material. That Batsuit felt like a guy dressed up as Frank Miller’s drawing of Batman. This suit, though? It felt like I was looking at the same ******* Batman I’ve been reading since I was a kid.

The movie dripped with atmosphere. When he walked through the crime scene? It was like I was reading Gotham Central or looking at Tim Sale art from The Long Halloween. Make no mistake, I’m eager to see what future films bring to the table and I have no doubt the suit will gradually become more streamlined as his Batman progresses through his career, but that’s something I’d like to see represented in my collection, not just the latest and greatest.

Yeah JP destroyed the inart reveal, not impressed!

Overpriced!

Too thin!

Embarrassing vanilla poses!

Unproven track record!

Lack of material explanation!
Yikes!
"But my new chrome trooper is so shinyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I got twoooo"

tumblr_inline_ozvifmzxSo1reygjb_500.gif

I find it funny when people want to tell others what is better and what isn't when I got my own set of eyes and what pops and grabs my attention more will be the winner. Like I said before never listen to what these HT simps say because I guarantee when these figures release and if they do turn out as good or better then what has been shown they are going to ***** and cry about why they can't get one now cause it's higher in price and also how InArt isn't giving them free figures. 🤣
No they will not admit it they will still sing the same tune. Delusions

Finally succumbed to it and took the plunge folks, ordered 2nd Premium at Kghobby for $446 (God help me they have mentioned free shipping) after securing 1st at Spec. Gonna pose them together with their backs to each other. Masked and unmasked. And yes, I'm also on the brink of bankruptcy! 🤣😅

Last edited:
I got these boys on PO :faq
1. Threezero Bumblebee Premium Optimus Prime
2. HT Deluxe Buzz Lightyear
3. HT Special Edition Mark III 2.0
4. HT Batman Forever Sonar Suit
5. InArt The Batman Premium x 2
7. InArt The Batman Bat-Signal

And few custom Batfleck headsculpts 😅😎

Last edited:
did inart tell us the material for the cape ? anyway this will be my first inart preorder and I will be surprised if they can deliver finish products without delay

To he fair to JP he did say that competition is a good thing for the customers so he approves the business model just not the actual product as of yet.

I think you're externalizing it too much.
My opinions are absolutely objective fact. Whatever I say is the undisputed truth. If anyone disagrees, they're wrong, because I'm always right.

That you're "lucky" if you only want select items.
Jokes aside, I see folks on the internet who are obsessed with one or two things and are able to genuinely enjoy them. I get bored easily so I always cycle through a wide selection. But then I see diehards who'll defend something no matter what to the point where they hate the competition, and in a strange way I am a tad envious of that. It might be idiotic (if for example you enjoy an IP just because of the name you never cared for it, as you're accepting whatever nonsense they're shoving down your throat to make a buck, and aren't exercising your critical thought), but it's so much more simple. So uncomplicated. You just... "like" things. It's sad too, but you get the point.

From what I've come to understand, is that we all have a palette of sorts. Some genres or themes or even just aesthetics we gravitate to, and we build a taste of various different, but similar in certain aspects, things, across all forms of media. And they occupy different tiers of attachment.

You left out a third and I think much more common option: You actually are into dozens of licenses that you enjoy or even love, but you choose not to buy stuff from everything.
Certainly. But I don't really have that problem, even though I ramble on a lot. I have a "hierarchy" of sorts. Things I enjoy purely due to atmosphere, others due to the narrative, and so on. I have rules for whatever merch I buy. I can love a movie but find the characters visually boring or nothing special writting and performance wise, and thus I'm not moved to buy anything, even if merch exists. I'll break my rules and get a 6" figure or some such once in a while, but it has to be something that makes sense. Interstellar, writing aside, was a genuine trip. But I'm not gonna go hunt down a Neca Coop, you know? I don't need an Anton Chigurgh as a Sideshow Premium Format. I enjoyed playing Dead Space, and I have all 3, but I don't need to spend 400$ on an Isaac and put him next to a Deckard. You get the point. I have to like the character and the piece of media they originate from to even consider getting something. And these have their own tiers and so it goes.

At the end of the day, it comes down to discipline and will-power, whether you actually order all these figures, or can appreciate them from afar without giving into the urge to own them.
Most surely. If you don't curate your collection, it's not really a collection. Just things you buy. It's why I don't mind the long waits. Whatever I get I've known I was going to get for years now. Impulse buys aren't my thing. So I wait for the best costume, the improved version; I don't mind. There are sometimes dillemas in the sense that too many things from my checklist can appear at the same time forcing me to make a choice, but I generally have a plan for everything I buy.

If you actually want them, have the space for them and can comfortably afford them, there's nothing wrong with getting a lot of course. But based on your posts, I always get a sense that you're not actually (much) happier ordering most of these. As you call it an uphill "battle", where you want to come out as a victor (see what I did there).
Ap2.gif

Look, all cards on the table, not all of my posts are exactly completely, 100% honest.

tumblr_pc4vgzBahe1xwm3qko2_500.gifv

It is true that there are some figures I buy mostly to tick off something. Maybe because my parents have fond memories of them or due to a general nostalgia. I can't like every character the same way. So sure, not every purchase carries the same weight. More often than not I just like getting caught up in the hype for a Pre-Order or a new reveal, coming here to make some posts, go through the motions. But a day or two later I don't think of it at all if it wasn't something I haven't had on my list since I was 15, you know?

Instead I would suggest to look at it from another perspective: try to see and accept that in life you have to make choices and say no to things you want, because we are not infinite. That is not an "annoying" part of life that should bring you constant distress, it simply is. If you can slowly learn to accept that, you can be much happier with the choices you do make and options you say yes to.
Bah.

gi-joe-cobra-commander.gif

Jesting aside, I think I've got a relatively good handle on it these days. I was much more of a completionist way back when, but thankfully I was also not really into what was being released at the time. If anything as the years pass you shed passing "affairs" and focus only on the "important" bits (as important as choosing which cape you want to get as a dolly can be). What bothers me is that I can never know what's coming. MCU casting/clothing, if something will get merch at all. I know I'll need Solid Snake, Big Boss and Raiden, but it's a toss-up if licenced 1/6th of them will ever happen. Or if they might hit while I'm in the middle of setting up my X-Men and I'll have to choose. It's not me impulse buying [Generic New Capeflick MC From Forgotten 70s Comic] that "worries" me, it's those types of choices.

Either way, like I said, I exaggerate a bit. But it's fun, so... eh. Thus far I've made it without regretting a single figure, and I intend to keep it that way.

did inart tell us the material for the cape ? anyway this will be my first inart preorder and I will be surprised if they can deliver finish products without delay
It looks like pleather. but it could also pass as black silk fabric wc looks like leather on some lighting conditions.....But pretty sure it's pleather :ROFLMAO:

Everyone is talking about the price difference on these figures
Comparing the two base level figures
Inart is $380 out the door from kit
I just checked the hot toys from sideshow with shipping and tax is $348
So for $30 more yeah, I’m going with inart.
Pre-ordered yesterday
Glad someone understands this. The Facebook groups are full of people who seemingly can't understand that the standard vs standard is about £30 difference. They keep going on about premium and all in cost when the nearest HT produce with a higher cost is with the signal and it's still sculpted.

I wasn't gonna buy this as I couldn't justify the price but considering hot toys DX is $550. For the extra $380 you're getting a extra figure with 2 rooted hair sculpts that look insane. What worries me is articulation and how good the bodies will be.

Just very on the fence as we haven't seen any of their figures in hand.

Last edited:
This looks absolutely phenomenal. Definitely a level up. I’ll likely order since I held off on HT. But will hold a bit to see if anyone offers a Zoe Kravitz Catwoman and if The Batman 2 gets greenlit.

I got these boys on PO :faq
1. Threezero Bumblebee Premium Optimus Prime
2. HT Deluxe Buzz Lightyear
3. HT Special Edition Mark III 2.0
4. HT Batman Forever Sonar Suit
5. InArt The Batman Premium x 2
7. InArt The Batman Bat-Signal

And few custom Batfleck headsculpts 😅😎
How dare you get Batman without Robin!! You should be ashamed of yourself!

I wish we had more detail on InArt's plans. Is this it from The Batman line or is Catwoman a possibility? If there's no Catwoman I'd probably get Bruce just so Bat's has a companion piece.

Does the BvS trinity mean one version of each character or will there be variants? Knightmare, Armored Bats, black suit Supes etc. If so I could sell my HT Knightmare two pack.

Will each character have a deluxe version with civilian Clark, Bruce and Diana?

Deciding what I need and don't need from the Mandalorian line and the No Way Home Spidey stuff complicates things to.
:gah:

Back