InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Canceling my hot toys pre order
Obviously different lighting and all, but man does this comparison make the HT figure look bad. Hope they make some further changes to the materials/proportions, because otherwise I can see a whole lot of people starting to look elsewhere. I’m certainly starting to.

I'd really like to know what is going on at Hot Toys HQ when InArt releases images of their version of a figure in direct competition with them. Especially one where they've already set the price and any additions or changes can eat into their profit.

I'll be joining the creaming when they make something we have either never seen done before or a significant update to a non CBM license like Predator or something.

People seem to like putting InArt on this pedestal for some reason.

Hope. Personally speaking, I've wanted HT to keep raising the bar but they've plateaued. There have been a few incremental improvements over the years but they can still have bad proportions, no traps, bad capes, cheap stands, bad materials, weird design decisions. I'm hoping that InArt are the company that HT should have been by now.

Hope. Personally speaking, I've wanted HT to keep raising the bar but they've plateaued. There have been a few incremental improvements over the years but they can still have bad proportions, no traps, bad capes, cheap stands, bad materials, weird design decisions. I'm hoping that InArt are the company that HT should have been by now.
Meh. I think that’s silly. Hot Toys aren’t always perfect but they aren’t as bad as some people like to make them out either. I know competition isn’t a bad thing, but at the same time what are we really getting from InArt? Slightly fancier figures that exist from other companies at a more premium price point? Not all that appealing to me.

People want exactly what they see on screen. HT struggle to nail that. InArt for now seems to get us closer to that and some of us are prepared to pay. Obviously HT nailing it and at their prices would also be welcome.

People want exactly what they see on screen. HT struggle to nail that. InArt for now seems to get us closer to that and some of us are prepared to pay. Obviously HT nailing it and at their prices would also be welcome.
I mean they’re not always perfect but to act like they’re so far off is kind of silly. Hot Toys still makes good figures and they’re the reason most of us are in this hobby at all.

HT are good, but they can be better. Just look at the latest Begins Batman, or the Molina proto sculpt, or the Classic Spider-Man suit stitching, or the 1000th SW sand base.

Yes it's different lighting. But here's a promo shot of both. Hot toys is good for the price but inart is takes the win for creating closest to what we saw in theater masterpiece, in 1/6 scale.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220731-131214.jpg
    Screenshot_20220731-131214.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20220731-131116.png
    Screenshot_20220731-131116.png
    860.9 KB · Views: 0
I guess I don’t understand why people are practically creaming their pants. It’s a teaser that hardly shows anything. Certainly not to the point of it being so far superior to Hot Toys. People seem to like putting InArt on this pedestal for some reason.
I dunno why people are expecting to see a reaction from Hot Toys. They already upgraded the headsculpt and the rest of the figure looks amazing. What more do people want?

I never thought I would be interested in a boring Bruce Wayne figure... but the tailoring InArt teased, and that amazing short-haired overcoat, coupled with a haired Battison sculpt has me thinking I might just take the plunge for the two-pack deluxe.
Completely agree, as odd as it may seem - the Bruce Wayne is the one from Inart I am really excited to see, I can even see myself only buying the Bruce Wayne figure depending on the prices and how it all looks in the complete package/what it comes with. The tailoring and the rooted hair on this Bruce could be spectacular and the tailoring teases have been exciting so far.
Looks pretty dang good from the tease. Looking forward to what all he comes with. And after seeing those production pics of rooted Joker, I'd say there's a little more faith here. I don't have either on order as I've been waiting to see what this one looks like. I still think HT as an overall value is pretty dang good, especially with their most recent updates, so it really comes down to price and accessories for me with this one.
This looks good so far, but honestly I still see myself buying the Hot Toys one as it comes with pretty much any accessory I can think of thats worth having. The diorama base is really nice, the head sculpts are impressive, the Batsignal set is really nice.... This one looks nice, and maybe people have a better trained/more distinguished gaze than myself because I can't tell what makes this version so overwhelmingly superior without seeing a side by side picture of the two offerings. I was impressed with Hot Toys offering and I still am. I need to see more from this set before I consider the decision made and the competition won.
I guess I don’t understand why people are practically creaming their pants. It’s a teaser that hardly shows anything. Certainly not to the point of it being so far superior to Hot Toys. People seem to like putting InArt on this pedestal for some reason.
I think people are excited for someone new, and all of what we have seen from Inart so far has been pretty exciting to be fair. But I do agree that I am not seeing how this particular tease already blows the Hot Toys offering out the water. The new Hot Toys Battinson is one of the best packages and work they have produced in YEARS, I need to see a LOT more from Inart before I consider all said and done.

Whenever there is a 'but' everything said before it becomes BS.

I dunno why people are expecting to see a reaction from Hot Toys. They already upgraded the headsculpt and the rest of the figure looks amazing. What more do people want?

Trapezius muscles?

I'll be happy with both figures myself. I do think once we see how InArt Batman and Bruce Wayne come out then we can say they have done better then HT. For now we can keep an eye out for more updates once Joker ships and if it turns out as good as they have advertised then their other figures will follow the same formula.

Back