InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve never been changed more than $350 by him for any 1/6 sculpt he’s painted for me. He’s currently working on 2 for me now.
He was charging $750 for his painted Heisenberg sculpt last I checked but maybe that's a different situation then.

I've seen worse. Repainted BD Mark 85 for $2000 by Owen. It's a beautiful repaint but $2000 is insane.

I think my hard limit on figures is in the $1000 area for sure. The reason it's not as bad from Inart compared to custom sculpts or figures I've seen is is that it's for the price of two figures with full rooted hair. Hell I've even seen a Breaking Bad Heisenberg for $2500 and a Hector figure for $10,000.

It's a beautiful piece of work but there's not a single figure I would ever pay that much for. The figure better be paying rent if I bought it for that much.

mBUaYpP.jpg

It doesn't seem that far off. All the top dogs in the custom field are charging close to a grand for a custom sculpt + paint work. I know nightt47 charges about $800 for his paintwork on sculpts.
The $2500 heisenberg figure doesnt even look like cranston... I think a lot of these custom artists are full of **** frankly 😂

I’m still 7 pages behind on this thread and going to bed now so that’ll multiply overnight no doubt. There just aren’t enough hours in the day to keep up when the InArt talk gets rolling.

Anyhoo- Just went ‘ALL IN’ for £766 from KG which is $923 of your US dollars.
A substantively more agreeable sum than the £960 my domestic seller is asking.
That’s around £100 cheaper than I was prepared to spend so no regrets here. Cheaper for me than buying any 3 of Hot Toys recent figures which makes it seem perfectly reasonable.

I just had to get the Bruce Wayne so I can always have a Pattinson sculpt on show at all times. I’ve also got the HT deluxe-deluxe with Batsignal on PO and paid off so I’ll for sure be selling off one of the Batsignals. Owning two suited up Batmen will boost my odds of displaying one without the cowl more often too- and isn’t that the main reason to go Premium with InArt?!?!
All I need now is for a 3P to make the drifter outfit and one of my eye-makeup head sculpts will have a permanent home on a body.

This set takes my number of PO’d figures to 81… but 8 of those are Transformers so it’s not that bad, right?
No, you have a problem!!

He was charging $750 for his painted Heisenberg sculpt last I checked but maybe that's a different situation then.
That may have included the sculpt, as well, not just the painting.

You can get into the $1K paint cost, but now your talking about 1/4 scale. Hair rooting on that scale is even more, just because it’s so labor intensive.

Yeah I've only ever paid $800 for a sculpt and that was for my Buffy Indiana jones sculpt which then I got repainted due to the original paint coming off. I sold the sculpt for $1600 literally the custom hobby is no joke when it comes to the piece you buy. I'm just glad InArt is trying to produce the same level of art for me this Batman for sure will be my center piece.

I’m still 7 pages behind on this thread and going to bed now so that’ll multiply overnight no doubt. There just aren’t enough hours in the day to keep up when the InArt talk gets rolling.

Anyhoo- Just went ‘ALL IN’ for £766 from KG which is $923 of your US dollars.
A substantively more agreeable sum than the £960 my domestic seller is asking.
That’s around £100 cheaper than I was prepared to spend so no regrets here. Cheaper for me than buying any 3 of Hot Toys recent figures which makes it seem perfectly reasonable.

I just had to get the Bruce Wayne so I can always have a Pattinson sculpt on show at all times. I’ve also got the HT deluxe-deluxe with Batsignal on PO and paid off so I’ll for sure be selling off one of the Batsignals. Owning two suited up Batmen will boost my odds of displaying one without the cowl more often too- and isn’t that the main reason to go Premium with InArt?!?!
All I need now is for a 3P to make the drifter outfit and one of my eye-makeup head sculpts will have a permanent home on a body.

This set takes my number of PO’d figures to 81… but 8 of those are Transformers so it’s not that bad, right?
No, you have a problem!!
You think this thread dis active? You should have seen the Joker thread in its time. That **** was funnn

Yeah I've only ever paid $800 for a sculpt and that was for my Buffy Indiana jones sculpt which then I got repainted due to the original paint coming off. I sold the sculpt for $1600 literally the custom hobby is no joke when it comes to the piece you buy. I'm just glad InArt is trying to produce the same level of art for me this Batman for sure will be my center piece.
The paint came off??? That's a thing to worry about? What the ****

"Only" $800 on a painted sculpt. Mere chump change you peasants :LOL:

Not criticizing anyone, but can't say I'd ever pay that much for any one individual item in 1/6. Sort of like Full-Metal's stuff. It's nice, but I'm not paying $200 for a tiny belt. Even if I was making crazy money, that just isn't logical for me. Again, not judging anyone on how they spend their money, but there's definitely a limit for how much I spend on this hobby and for what. Especially since this isn't all that I collect.

The most I've ever paid for a figure was around $1k for a Yunsil/Caine Rorschach. Looking back on it I'd never do that again.

For that price I'd just go with a larger scale statue. I don't have any interest in the custom arena, very skilled artists but the prices are absurd.

Imagine if IA pull a sideshow stunt and the prototypes they teased look nothing like the final product. We’re all screwed then 😂

I've seen worse. Repainted BD Mark 85 for $2000 by Owen. It's a beautiful repaint but $2000 is insane.

I think my hard limit on figures is in the $1000 area for sure. The reason it's not as bad from Inart compared to custom sculpts or figures I've seen is is that it's for the price of two figures with full rooted hair. Hell I've even seen a Breaking Bad Heisenberg for $2500 and a Hector figure for $10,000.

It's a beautiful piece of work but there's not a single figure I would ever pay that much for. The figure better be paying rent if I bought it for that much.

mBUaYpP.jpg

It doesn't seem that far off. All the top dogs in the custom field are charging close to a grand for a custom sculpt + paint work. I know nightt47 charges about $800 for his paintwork on sculpts.
For 10 grand, that mofo should be able to roll itself around, ring the bell on command and make you breakfast in the morning. Good grief.

That Salamanca is one of the best 1/6th custom figures I've ever seen. The expression, the little flip-flops, the bell, the wheelchair, everything.

That's InArt level, baby! :chase

thats strange. for a joker paint and hair, he charges $750 and thats a little on the higher end of scheme but for just paint work on a heisenberg sculpt for $750? that seems outrageous. im not sure if he charges people different or something. i get artists raising their commission price by a bit, like rodman. i was usually quoted 200 for a paint job but now its 210 and thats on the more reasonable option

564fcf3a32c31f652bd216b967f73999.png

I feel like...for an "All In/Premium" set priced at close to a grand I wouldn't want to just leave the figures at home (in a case or on a shelf). I'd take them with me on trips to the grocery store, use it as an icebreaker at the bar, something! :LOL:

I am thinking of getting the rooted version just to have a creepy little ultra realistic head to show people.

thats strange. for a joker paint and hair, he charges $750 and thats a little on the higher end of scheme but for just paint work on a heisenberg sculpt for $750? that seems outrageous. im not sure if he charges people different or something. i get artists raising their commission price by a bit, like rodman. i was usually quoted 200 for a paint job but now its 210 and thats on the more reasonable option

564fcf3a32c31f652bd216b967f73999.png
For those prices I would love to have a custom 1/6 sculpt of myself done. Ha!

Back