InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Inart prototypes sure look great, yes. Keyword: Prototype.

We should probably wait until they release something in order to judge. I have their Joker doll on PO, so I'm not exactly hating.

We should probably wait until they release something in order to judge. I have their Joker doll on PO, so I'm not exactly hating.
And that's fine. I'm not even one to say that Inart is some holy entity of a company. A lot still remains to be seen, although with how those Joker production photos are looking, they look to be coming pretty close to their prototype quality which is exciting.

It's just nice that, based on what they've shown so far with their prototypes, they're clearly trying to push above and beyond the more "toy" look that Hot Toys carries in comparison. Some will care to spend more for that difference while others will be content with what Hot Toys offer. In the end, the more options for us collectors, the better.

I really don't understand how someone can't see "much of a difference" regardless of price.

I'm quite certain if both cost the same, everyone would grab the InArt.
Well of course they would! I see the difference....I'm just not willing to pay $450+ for that difference.

Breakdown: InArt (so far) looks like 98-99% accurate. Saying the actual living, breathing actor in the uniform is obviously, 100% accurate.

Hot Toys on their BEST day is about 96% accurate. Am I willing to pay $150 more for 2-5% more accuracy? H3!! NO!

Personally, I would only buy an InArt figure if it is a character that I absolutely MUST have that Hot Toys has either blown it altogether or not done at all.

Example: I would probably purchase an InArt Shazam from the first movie particularly if Hot Toys fails to make one for the sequel.

Yeah, at this point, I'm seeing a lot of value with the HT offer (the $500 one). It does not look as nice as the Inart but it does the job IMO.

It is nice to have options for sure, and if inart pushes HT to make a better figure, we all win.

I have Joker and Penny on PO, but Ii will not hesitate to cancel my orders if the final product doesn't live up to my expectations.

BoxOfScraps.jpg

Im going to stick with my Hot Toys order for The Batman (and hope the InArt isnt too insanely better when they both release) but if there is a Cavill Superman even as a spec on the horizon I will eagerly await that one.
This is exactly my stance. Would love a BvS Superman. Would be so easy for InArt to clean up there imo.

I have Joker and Penny on PO, but Ii will not hesitate to cancel my orders if the final product doesn't live up to my expectations.
This. I can eat $90. I can’t eat 900. Honestly, I was low-key hoping they’d fail so I wouldn’t have to worry about it. And now I’m looking at those Joker photos like “******* hell. I’m in trouble.”:lol

Are we sure it’s not an on set production photo of Pattinson lol? But seriously, once the set of Inart photos come out and the prices I will look at them and the HT and think well is that really worth the extra $$$?

Hot toys is already so good, and if you’re satisfied.. there’s no need to get Inart. However, some of us are perfectionists, and paying that extra hundred dollars will probably be worth it imo.

inart for me has everything better from the cape traps, shoulders, body proportion etc. For the head… we’ll have to wait for the full reveal.

The only thing Hot toys has it better is the weathering on the chest.. inart’s is too clean. (And seems a bit too light?) Check other statues and they all have some sort of weathering. But other than that, I’m going to buy inarts when it comes out.

Attachments

• EB626316-1BB8-437F-8919-3B235309311F.png
    EB626316-1BB8-437F-8919-3B235309311F.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • 4E07777D-2708-4AD5-A8BA-F36AAFD6156A.png
    4E07777D-2708-4AD5-A8BA-F36AAFD6156A.png
    977.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 278514D1-3CE7-4D0D-A792-375472B7561A.png
    278514D1-3CE7-4D0D-A792-375472B7561A.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
I'm starting to think I'm blind or something because everyone is talking about the Inart prototype pictures (is this the only one?) like they absolutely devastate the Hot Toys offering and I am struggling to see what the huge apparent difference is.

The inart pic is not really well lit, its at a different angle... I just don't see how we can call this a proper comparison at the moment.
What I see in this picture impresses me... but does it blow the Hot Toys version into irrelevancy?
No, not yet.

I need a full figure reveal to make that decision.

Now, please don't think I am being facetious when I ask this - but can someone genuinely explain to me what the significant differences between these two they can see at the moment? I really mean that, I want to know and would love to have someone talk to me about it, maybe my attention to detail isn't what it once was.
The approximate differences I can see ATM (I say differences as without reference pics before me I can't recall what's more accurate) are:
- smoother cowl, leather texture and stitching on Inart version - more aesthetically pleasing
- Inart chest piece looks bigger (maybe camera angle)
- shoulder pads on Inart figure are not as glossy
- cape collar seems to fit neck better on Inart and cape itself seems to attach differently to Hot Toys (hard to tell if thats camera angle or just how the cape has been posed rather than some actual issue)
- proportions seem to be more aesthetically pleasing on the Inart (unsure about accuracy without photos)

Would love to know what everyone else is seeing.
Without more photos I'm just not getting that huge visual jump/difference I saw between the Inart Pennywise and Hot Toys Pennywise which made the latter look like a cheap toy in comparison.... maybe its just me?

I'm starting to think I'm blind or something because everyone is talking about the Inart prototype pictures (is this the only one?) like they absolutely devastate the Hot Toys offering and I am struggling to see what the huge apparent difference is.

The inart pic is not really well lit, its at a different angle... I just don't see how we can call this a proper comparison at the moment.
What I see in this picture impresses me... but does it blow the Hot Toys version into irrelevancy?
No, not yet.

I need a full figure reveal to make that decision.

Now, please don't think I am being facetious when I ask this - but can someone genuinely explain to me what the significant differences between these two they can see at the moment? I really mean that, I want to know and would love to have someone talk to me about it, maybe my attention to detail isn't what it once was.
The approximate differences I can see ATM (I say differences as without reference pics before me I can't recall what's more accurate) are:
- smoother cowl, leather texture and stitching on Inart version - more aesthetically pleasing
- Inart chest piece looks bigger (maybe camera angle)
- shoulder pads on Inart figure are not as glossy
- cape collar seems to fit neck better on Inart and cape itself seems to attach differently to Hot Toys (hard to tell if thats camera angle or just how the cape has been posed rather than some actual issue)
- proportions seem to be more aesthetically pleasing on the Inart (unsure about accuracy without photos)

Would love to know what everyone else is seeing.
Without more photos I'm just not getting that huge visual jump/difference I saw between the Inart Pennywise and Hot Toys Pennywise which made the latter look like a cheap toy in comparison.... maybe its just me?

You answered your own question with your Pennywise comparison so now just simply extrapolate that unto Batman.

You answered your own question with your Pennywise comparison so now just simply extrapolate that unto Batman.
You're not getting me mate - that is the effect I am NOT feeling from this Batman promo pic so far,
it isn't a logical observation based process I can simply extrapolate onto this image as it is an emotional reaction I am currently not experiencing here.
Hence why I am asking people to explain to me in detail what observations they have made that brought them to that conclusion/effect/feeling I described above in my experience with the Pennywise with this here Batman figure.
I want to step into their shoes a little in seeing what they see by asking them to explain to me their own observations. I hope by doing this I can see those differences more clearly myself.

Back