InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Inart is definitely winning for me in every regard. Both absolutely fail with the cape, though. But I hate wired caped, really hoping they give a nice quality draping cape rather than a standard wired one.

A4CB734E-EFB5-4416-BD97-ACCE76D6D898.jpeg

The body of inart is much better in proportions like many people said. I don’t get why they let anyone pose figures, they didn’t even give the hot toys the messy hair look.

Headsculpt though hot toys for me has a better likeness, inart has an edge on rooted hair but he looks animated. I think it’s the pale skin. Hope they give him better stubble too because my man just walked out the freshest bath of his life.

Not guaranteeing a cancel on my HT one yet. I may very well use that to display the unmasked emo Wayne sculpt from InArt and keep InArts figure in full suit. Or rather, use the HT for more complex poses and just push the figure more for fun while the InArt remain the centerpiece edition of the figure.

That being said, when the line comes down to production product, I do stand by my prediction that the IA vs HT is going to be a lot closer than what we're seeing now. Probably small enough that many will be more than satisfied with HT. That show photo of the HT does indicate they've made some changes to the fit and finish of the suit, and I don't think that the hair is fitted all the way down as we've seen with the original pics. HT really needs to fly people who know what they're doing out to each show to adequately pose their stuff.

That ALOT of detail.
Looks like the sticky-bomb gun holster has changed since the prototype.
InArt promotional image
1F6EE9A7-63BA-42BE-A321-1A74625162F7.jpeg

InArt Thailand show
7474F4CF-9324-402B-BD19-428243D6C59B.jpeg

I ended up on some sort of a costume discussion forum while looking at Batsuit pics and holy hell do those guys know their stuff.

Here’s shots from the Staunton suit
756C1E26-D31A-46D7-9DDA-DDB62045FB37.png

It was spotted that a cover has been added at the bottom
EB241ACA-C4AA-4B98-9DEC-2752AC58031C.jpeg

Which Hot Toys actually included
01B0C064-41F9-4535-89F7-17A859037A67.jpeg

Queen Studios statue appears to have given it a leathery sheen.
AD4EC573-C607-4E19-B0D0-5FDE5A7329A2.jpeg

The Batsuit and gadgets were comprised of many real world items and the holster was most likely by ‘Viper’ (not the criminal toy-store terroriser we’re all familiar with.)
1667080509612.png

Anyways, there were also some great pictures of the costume and cowl over there for colour and texture reference
E4295C64-840D-4ADB-8E9E-B9049CE65584.png
A1D9D1EE-80B8-445A-BA76-DD271675B7D3.png
B78C7E1A-96C0-4196-8CA1-6EDA82A18FE4.png
9DC9B5F7-EE31-4EEF-BBE4-335E0E745644.png
61F8BF52-6DFB-4C96-9133-F76033730C8B.png

13C4F93F-76AC-4FAC-BB37-45CCA37510DA.png

View attachment 605438

The body of inart is much better in proportions like many people said. I don’t get why they let anyone pose figures, they didn’t even give the hot toys the messy hair look.

Headsculpt though hot toys for me has a better likeness, inart has an edge on rooted hair but he looks animated. I think it’s the pale skin. Hope they give him better stubble too because my man just walked out the freshest bath of his life.
One looks like a very good toy...the other looks like an actual suit with a person in it.

Looks like the sticky-bomb gun holster has changed since the prototype.
InArt promotional image
View attachment 605457

InArt Thailand show
View attachment 605458

I ended up on some sort of a costume discussion forum while looking at Batsuit pics and holy hell do those guys know their stuff.

Here’s shots from the Staunton suit
View attachment 605462
It was spotted that a cover has been added at the bottom
View attachment 605460
Which Hot Toys actually included
View attachment 605461

Queen Studios statue appears to have given it a leathery sheen.
View attachment 605459

The Batsuit and gadgets were comprised of many real world items and the holster was most likely by ‘Viper’ (not the criminal toy-store terroriser we’re all familiar with.)
View attachment 605464

Anyways, there were also some great pictures of the costume and cowl over there for colour and texture reference
View attachment 605466View attachment 605467View attachment 605469View attachment 605470View attachment 605472
View attachment 605474
Nice observation and nice pics!
👌

10F95D6D-46EC-4A21-B5E7-530E30A7D3F2.jpeg

Because of the poor quality from Vegas I thought they smoothed it out.. But now we can see It’s pretty much the exact same cowl. It looks really good though aesthetically. But if you think about it, if you can barely see the texture in 1:1 ratio 1:6 should pretty much be barely visible.

👌

View attachment 605521

Because of the poor quality from Vegas I thought they smoothed it out.. But now we can see It’s pretty much the exact same cowl. It looks really good though aesthetically. But if you think about it, if you can barely see the texture in 1:1 ratio 1:6 should pretty much be barely visible.
You gotta remember that prototypes have to have a lot more texture on them b/c details get softened in the molding/casting process during production. Pretty sure the cowl will look a bit smoother once we get our first look at the production sample

Not guaranteeing a cancel on my HT one yet. I may very well use that to display the unmasked emo Wayne sculpt from InArt and keep InArts figure in full suit. Or rather, use the HT for more complex poses and just push the figure more for fun while the InArt remain the centerpiece edition of the figure.

That being said, when the line comes down to production product, I do stand by my prediction that the IA vs HT is going to be a lot closer than what we're seeing now. Probably small enough that many will be more than satisfied with HT. That show photo of the HT does indicate they've made some changes to the fit and finish of the suit, and I don't think that the hair is fitted all the way down as we've seen with the original pics. HT really needs to fly people who know what they're doing out to each show to adequately pose their stuff.
Yeah I'm confident the HT figure is going to look a whole lot cooler in hand than it comes off in these low res photos with bad lighting. And it'll be nice to have another figure to put in more dynamic poses, while the Inart is something you clearly just want to have standing around looking all moody and contemplative. Lol

👌

View attachment 605521

Honestly, I really want somebody to send these reference pics to them so they know people aren’t just talking nonsense and that they fix it before the final product is made. It’s one of those things where I’m like “the figure looks incredible as is,” and I’m sure a bunch of people would easily greenlight a run of custom cowls that are screen accurate, but unless they could replicate the features of InArt’s, it would almost feel like a downgrade.

I’ve always felt the critics of PERS and moveable eyes have always been on point about googly eyes or how no Hot Toys Batman has ever had “the squint,” and InArt’s delivered that in spades. The only thing detracting from that and holding the figure back from being, quite possibly, the most accurate, mass produced depiction of any Batman in 1/6th scale to date is that over-texturing of the leather.

Honestly, I really want somebody to send these reference pics to them so they know people aren’t just talking nonsense and that they fix it before the final product is made. It’s one of those things where I’m like “the figure looks incredible as is,” and I’m sure a bunch of people would easily greenlight a run of custom cowls that are screen accurate, but unless they could replicate the features of InArt’s, it would almost feel like a downgrade.

I’ve always felt the critics of PERS and moveable eyes have always been on point about googly eyes or how no Hot Toys Batman has ever had “the squint,” and InArt’s delivered that in spades. The only thing detracting from that and holding the figure back from being, quite possibly, the most accurate, mass produced depiction of any Batman in 1/6th scale to date is that over-texturing of the leather.
I’ve tried messaging them before about the texture. So far they haven’t listened. I’m going to try one last time on their new inart account. However it’s probably not going to do anything unless a majority of people say something.

Infinity studios has a great texture. It’s visible, but then it doesn’t overpower the scratches and stitches. And isn’t it easier to remove texture then add it? Why bother? It looks cool but it’s not accurate which is their main objective. If they can focus each belt buckle detail I don’t understand how they didn’t listen to the cowl criticism the first time. Oh well, we will see the final product how it turns out lol.

EAA13C89-466F-40F3-93E0-9226FB412C64.jpeg

I’ve tried messaging them before about the texture. So far they haven’t listened. I’m going to try one last time on their new inart account. However it’s probably not going to do anything unless a majority of people say something.

Infinity studios has a great texture. It’s visible, but then it doesn’t overpower the scratches and stitches. And isn’t it easier to remove texture then add it? Why bother? It looks cool but it’s not accurate which is their main objective. If they can focus each belt buckle detail I don’t understand how they didn’t listen to the cowl criticism the first time. Oh well, we will see the final product how it turns out lol.

View attachment 605571
Dude don't worry it's still a prototype. Also I'm thinking for this new show they are using the older detailed cowl from their promos. The one they had in vegas looked like the new one with smoother look, but because that one didn't look finished and the paint wasn't 100% there for this show I imagine they went with their original cowl to have a better display for the figure and so the photos taken didn't look so bad.

It was said The Batman by InArt is the BEST FIGURE EVER MADE.

What more do you want?
I know you’ve referenced that statement twice now; I don’t recall where it originated and, although it initially seems like an outlandishly hyperbolic claim, if InArt’s production figure is close to what we’re seeing at the shows, I’m having a hard time thinking of another (mass produced) figure that could strongly claim to be its superior.
I’m now looking at this like a genuine contender for that ‘greatest’ title.

It was said The Batman by InArt is the BEST FIGURE EVER MADE.

What more do you want?
I still stand by that. ^ honestly very excited.

Dude don't worry it's still a prototype. Also I'm thinking for this new show they are using the older detailed cowl from their promos. The one they had in vegas looked like the new one with smoother look, but because that one didn't look finished and the paint wasn't 100% there for this show I imagine they went with their original cowl to have a better display for the figure and so the photos taken didn't look so bad.
Glad it wasn’t me that thought the cowl was different. It’s kind of hard to tell if it’s smoother because of the camera quality. But yeah hoping for the best they succeed. Personally the cowl proportions doesn’t need to be changed, the eyes are perfect in the prototype especially. (Looks slightly different in Vegas)

Back