InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please tell me this is lighting and camera and they didn't change the sculpt..

It looks to me like they changed the chin at least
Screenshot_2022-10-20-02-32-38-53_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Honestly I think it’s just the angle he’s positioned the sculpt in
I hope so but it does look like they made the chin less stylized which is something I know some were asking for. But that's enough for me to cancel the premium honestly and revert to the standard

I hope so but it does look like they made the chin less stylized which is something I know some were asking for. But that's enough for me to cancel the premium honestly and revert to the standard
I think the lighting and even the backdrops have a big factor in how the sculpt looks in the review too. My opinion is just to wait it out, the last thing you want is to change your premium to standard and then regret it as soon as it’s released

I think the lighting and even the backdrops have a big factor in how the sculpt looks in the review too. My opinion is just to wait it out, the last thing you want is to change your premium to standard and then regret it as soon as it’s released
Right definitely not making any rash decisions. But its worth pointing out at this early stage. I think it was a mistake having Justin make these videos.

honestly though don’t let my comment decide what you want to do man, it is a very expensive collectable and it’s your money but I really do think it’s just the angles, lighting and different backdrops that’s making it look a bit more different

Right definitely not making any rash decisions. But its worth pointing out at this early stage. I think it was a mistake having Justin make these videos.
For it being a prototype and reviewing it maybe yes but he’s new video on the sculpted hair Joker got me so excited that I bought the premium version

Hopefully, at the very least, InArt will never give Justin first dibs on their figures again- but, if they’ve jumped into bed with Toys Wonderland, he’ll still get them before anyone else.

IA’s own artistic, promotional videos have been pretty good so they should just keep the initial reveals/reviews in house.
Get Viper to take a break from terrorising the local toy stores for a few minutes to give some behind the scenes insight and you’re onto a winner.

Got this response from them:

View attachment 603646
At least we know batman is still a prototype..oh wait THAT'S WHAT I'VE SAID THE LAST FEW TIMES. LMAO No but really it means that Joker is done and will be the first to go out, and we'll be able to finally see what they gave us. I will say who ever mentioned that their bodies will be heavily modded coo model bodies, I wouldn't have an issue with it as long as proportions, and articulation is good, POP toys uses those bodies, and they have good smooth/strong joints.

Last edited:
Please tell me this is lighting and camera and they didn't change the sculpt..

It looks to me like they changed the chin at least
View attachment 603616
They did change it, I can see the chin shape is less pronounced as you said. (The prototype looked like Giga Chad Pattinson). This version looks much better, now it's time for painting revision etc. I hope at least.

So how are we all feeling with heavy weathering on Batman. The images they released earlier this didn’t seem to have him this weathered. The detailed nicks and deep scratches are absolutely incredible and so is the weathering on the armor. The front of the body suit though 🧐

So how are we all feeling with heavy weathering on Batman. The images they released earlier this didn’t seem to have him this weathered. The detailed nicks and deep scratches are absolutely incredible and so is the weathering on the armor. The front of the body suit though 🧐
I want him dinged, dirtied, distressed, dour, dishevelled and determined.

This Batman clearly hasn’t washed his suit since he started using it. The sour stench of vengeance approaching is simply another layer of intimidation.

Hot Toys will go super clean, fresh out the dry cleaners on their figure so I’d like a Batsuit that really looks worn in.

Man I love weathering on materials this is something many companies lack in terms of realism. Adding dirt and dry brushing on top of flat color. Especially on the chest plate and abs I’m glad they added it.

This figure wasn't one I had any anticipation for, but after seeing the recent footage I changed my mind and got in a preorder for standard with Kit yesterday. I also ordered the HT bike.
I think the split of opinion comes down largely on the importance one puts on the unmasked sculpt. The masked fig looks incredibly spot on to me. That alone is enough for me to make the purchase. For those primarily looking for an amazing unmasked sculpt I understand the concern. Hopefully the unmasked sculpt improves, but I don't expect to use it.

Back