InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think fixing it would put them off course. If anything they're probably tweaking stuff because they could've provided more pictures of the figure at better angles.
Never said it would, just stating the same sentiment that they will still be able to deliver it on schedule as they should have the time to work on it. I will say I'm hyped for both this and HT one regardless cause I'm buying both for different reasons.

This doesnt make sense to me. Its an armor plate that moves with his shoulders... Its dynamic so the distance from this plate to the chest plate will always vary.

Again, this nitpick makes absolutely no sense...
Not a nitpick just something that’s interesting to reference because many times the size changes within the movie/promo shots. But overall I think it’s accurate.

Everyone in this forum is talking about the “nose” issue, and it’s been going on for a long time. We already messaged them about the cowl texture and nose suggestion so it’s passed that now.

It’s now just jokes and memes. If anyone has anything interesting to talk about towards this figure feel free to do so. I try to shift the conversation such as how the shoulder pads vary every picture and get called “non sense.” So.. what do y’all wanna talk about?

F756C953-D827-4F35-BE92-CF4B8097744E.png

@Asta
@Darth Snoopy

Surely this now falls within thread derailment/spam? I mean this is getting ridiculous now.
It does and it is getting ridiculous.

Some of you are taking this nose thing far too seriously and others are just trolling. Stop derailing the thread, enough of the meme posts, and keep your grumblings to a minimum.

Keep in mind that not everyone shares your criticisms of this figure.

I've been patient but I'm done posting warnings. Next time I hand out infractions and or bans like they're Halloween candy.

It does and it is getting ridiculous.

Some of you are taking this nose thing far too seriously and others are just trolling. Stop derailing the thread, enough of the meme posts, and keep your grumblings to a minimum.

Keep in mind that not everyone shares your criticisms of this figure.

I've been patient but I'm done posting warnings. Next time I hand out infractions and or bans like they're Halloween candy.

I absolutely agree that this whole thing has gone well over the top in terms of the joke and the discussion, but I do feel like there’s nothing wrong with objective criticism (within reason, obviously) and I think, ultimately, it comes from a place of optimism.

Honestly, I can say that everything I’ve seen, be it positive or negative, has not detracted from my excitement over this figure since the initial pics. I can’t wait to get this thing and I’m hoping against hope that, as with Joker, they pull it off in mass production. I definitely think all that needs to be said has been said, but I think part of the reason I welcomed it is that honestly? I’m not really interested in a contest of egos between Hot Toys and InArt. I don’t just want HT to want to be better than IA or IA to want to be better than HT, I want each of them to want to make the best product possible for their respective customer bases.

To my mind, it never quite sat right with me that we had to say Hot Toys had their own “style” or “artistic interpretation” of characters to justify their apathy about the product they were putting out. I think stuff like their 1/4 Scale Batman and even the upcoming Peacemaker figure show exactly what they’re capable of and that’s why I feel like there’s a difference between the subjectivity of art and the objectivity of what the goal is with this stuff: to mirror reality. Are these tiny, overpriced dolls? Absolutely. But if detail didn’t matter, I feel like we could all save ourselves a hell of a lot of time and money by just going to Target and buying the 12” Jazzwares Wingsuit Batman.

Obviously, opinions are subjective and we all have our own perceptions, but to say someone doesn’t share the criticisms of the figure when there’s a plethora of photo references to justify it is to say someone doesn’t agree with the artistic decisions of the film’s costume designer, which I think sort of raises an interesting question about what we want out of these figures: do we want extreme authenticity or an idealized depiction of what we perceive that character to be? I’m not saying this to argue or push the previous critiques to the forefront again, so much as to promote a different kind of discussion that I felt your post interestingly brought up.

I absolutely agree that this whole thing has gone well over the top in terms of the joke and the discussion, but I do feel like there’s nothing wrong with objective criticism (within reason, obviously) and I think, ultimately, it comes from a place of optimism.

Honestly, I can say that everything I’ve seen, be it positive or negative, has not detracted from my excitement over this figure since the initial pics. I can’t wait to get this thing and I’m hoping against hope that, as with Joker, they pull it off in mass production. I definitely think all that needs to be said has been said, but I think part of the reason I welcomed it is that honestly? I’m not really interested in a contest of egos between Hot Toys and InArt. I don’t just want HT to want to be better than IA or IA to want to be better than HT, I want each of them to want to make the best product possible for their respective customer bases.

To my mind, it never quite sat right with me that we had to say Hot Toys had their own “style” or “artistic interpretation” of characters to justify their apathy about the product they were putting out. I think stuff like their 1/4 Scale Batman and even the upcoming Peacemaker figure show exactly what they’re capable of and that’s why I feel like there’s a difference between the subjectivity of art and the objectivity of what the goal is with this stuff: to mirror reality. Are these tiny, overpriced dolls? Absolutely. But if detail didn’t matter, I feel like we could all save ourselves a hell of a lot of time and money by just going to Target and buying the 12” Jazzwares Wingsuit Batman.

Obviously, opinions are subjective and we all have our own perceptions, but to say someone doesn’t share the criticisms of the figure when there’s a plethora of photo references to justify it is to say someone doesn’t agree with the artistic decisions of the film’s costume designer, which I think sort of raises an interesting question about what we want out of these figures: do we want extreme authenticity or an idealized depiction of what we perceive that character to be? I’m not saying this to argue or push the previous critiques to the forefront again, so much as to promote a different kind of discussion that I felt your post interestingly brought up.
This is how I feel about the nose issue it's not really a minor nitpick it actually isn't that way on the costume and we are after all paying for a movie authentic looking Batman as you said yourself we shouldn't just have to write it off as Inarts interpretation of the suit when there are countless examples and 3D files that exist in the artbooks and behind the scenes photos which give a clear look at the suit. I believe Inarts got everything right on the suit one of the pouches on the hot toys Batman is incorrect and correct on the Inart which is why I find it jarring that they nailed everything but the cowl. I for one want an extremely authentic Batman that was seen in the movie if I wanted an artist interpretation I'd get that or a statue of a comic design.

Last edited:
This probably is the closest to a scene Batman we’ll ever get.
But I think that speaks to my question from before: what’s the goal? “Good enough” or as close to the real thing as possible? Obviously, there are always limitations and there are some things that are, admittedly, going to be subjective (colors, for instance, are often endlessly debated because of subjective lighting and whether or not to favor the actual props or how they appeared on screen), but in cases like this, where you can clearly see the differences and the figure literally just went up for pre-order and they, likely, have ample time to fix it, should they?

But I think that speaks to my question from before: what’s the goal? “Good enough” or as close to the real thing as possible? Obviously, there are always limitations and there are some things that are, admittedly, going to be subjective (colors, for instance, are often endlessly debated because of subjective lighting and whether or not to favor the actual props or how they appeared on screen), but in cases like this, where you can clearly see the differences and the figure literally just went up for pre-order and they, likely, have ample time to fix it, should they?
I would be ok with a color variation as long as the suit itself is accurate including the cowl it looks like they're basing it off the actual suit
I think they're going with the actual suit used for the colors. I do think the general shape and everything of the cowl including texture should be represented on the figure. The color matters less to me than the overall accuracy of the sculpts because lighting manipulation could yield the same results.
Screenshot_20220903-174713_Chrome.jpg

Back