InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watching the movie now and realized maybe the cape isn't supposed to be leather (though it looks like it is, and yes I know it probably is on the prop) it can be a parachute material that has the same shine as leather. Reason for this is because it's basically his wing suit also. When he is about to jump off GCPD building it goes over his shoulders and becomes the suit. So I'm guessing that's what it actually is. Leather usually has a grain to when close up so it definitely is possible that it just appears as such. Only thing that is leather is the cowl and boots.
Yes good point it is able to inflate

View attachment 595627Quick edit I did of hot toys cowl on inarts eyes and faceplate. I would call this perfection because I feel like hot toys mask is better on the nose and texture. The rest, inart wins. If anyone is getting both hottoys and inart you guys need to see if this works LMAO.

Literally looks like a still from the movie, man one can dream.
Something is wrong about the hot toys ears

If the sequel is cancelled would that put anyone off ordering this?

This new guy seems to be shutting down anything non DCEU. :(
No? Why would it? This figure is from a movie that we got; the only good Batman movie.

Posted by Choshi Nonna on Facebook.

VL76IiL.jpg

Yes but not at the risk of rushing something out. I hope they give joker all the time it would need
Yeah, I agree. I mean that if they stop showing preorders is not a problem for me. I prefer to not have any more releases this year and wait for the first in hands impressions. Then, IA release all you want.

If the sequel is cancelled would that put anyone off ordering this?

This new guy seems to be shutting down anything non DCEU. :(
A HUGE mistake, The Batman is the best Batman movie since The Dark Knight, possibly the second best overall, is widely adored, and raked in over 770million. It was left wide open to go beyond one film. It’s films like The Batman and Joker that keep DC interesting imo, the rest just feels like it’s trying a bit too hard to be like Marvel.

All I need now is for InArt to confirm it’s real leather instead of pleather then I can sleep properly at night

View attachment 595606
Okay this one, kind of bothers me. I appreciate how they’re using real leather but for some areas like the head, it’s better if it’s sculpted. Leather grain from far will barely be noticed, so if you make that to a 1/6, the textures get really strong.

I really hope they change it in the final product.. but most likely they wont. Hot toys texture is much better imo. No hate at all, still getting it but I hope they change something.
Yeah the leathery texture is definitely more pronounced on the figure, but I think it works really well that way and is probably necessary so that it actually does come across as leather in 1/6 scale. Otherwise it could come across as just a smooth plastic like we see with the Bale Batman figures. So I'm fine with it.

Sounds like you guys want some JND type statues but in 1/6 scale rather than an articulated figure.

I don’t expect them to move like stretch Armstrong but you should be able to get some signature posing without worrying about it falling to pieces the moment you change it out of any sort of non-museum pose.

I tend to pose mine in museum poses for the most part, but there are times where even then I have a hard time getting arms or legs in the position I want b/c there’s just no give at all in the fabric.

I 100% know that Golden Age Cap doesn’t look the best, but man it was fun to get that figure and actually be able to pose it unlike most Cap figures

I think let Hot Toys have looking like a film and being a toy. Let Inart be a replica of the film in 1/6 with good articulation but not the same articulation range as Hot Toys. I'm getting the JND anyway, but it's nice to be able to have some abilit yot change up a pose every now and then just a little. But I place more importance on having the correct materials and body proportions scaled down to having the ability to put them in naff superhero landing poses. In a lot of cases the more extreme poses Hot Toys can be put in they still look awful, because the motion isn't that great to actually replicate the pose realistically, ie Iron Man superhero pose - so definitely would rather be more restricted in favour of realism and real materials than a more range of motion that looks like a toy with cheaper materials.

I think let Hot Toys have looking like a film and being a toy. Let Inart be a replica of the film in 1/6 with good articulation but not the same articulation range as Hot Toys. I'm getting the JND anyway, but it's nice to be able to have some abilit yot change up a pose every now and then just a little. But I place more importance on having the correct materials and body proportions scaled down to having the ability to put them in naff superhero landing poses. In a lot of cases the more extreme poses Hot Toys can be put in they still look awful, because the motion isn't that great to actually replicate the pose realistically, ie Iron Man superhero pose - so definitely would rather be more restricted in favour of realism and real materials than a more range of motion that looks like a toy with cheaper materials.
But based on what I’m reading, you’re equating the ability for good articulation with the inability to use real materials or look real. Why can’t we have good articulation WITH good materials and realism?

But, like you said “I place more importance on...” and that’s what it comes down to with each individual collector- what exactly they place more importance on.

I’m not saying these things need to move like Spiderman or “the superhero landing pose” but when you look at say Endgame Captain America and that figure can barely move his legs forward 20-25 degrees, and you have to struggle to get a simple walking pose done (similar to Queen’s 1/4 stealth suit statue pose), that is a problem for a “fully poseable articulated figure.”

There’s definitely this misconception that those who want good articulation only want it to pose their figures like Spiderman or the Iron Man pose and that’s simply not true. I've never even posed any of my Iron Man figures that way. We just don’t want to be restricted when trying to do simple poses that are a little outside of just standing there like a mannequin.

Last edited:
I’m surprised Hot Toys hasn’t teased a Catwoman. InArt didn’t have her on their “to-do” list of upcoming figures, so I doubt they’ll make her anytime soon, if at all. - I’m sure a decent amount of collectors who chose InArt’s Patman over Hot Toys’ Patman would pick her up as a companion piece.

Back