In what order do you rate the Indiana Jones Movies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indy 5. Will it be as good, better, or worse than KotCS? Hmmm.... I'd be happy with as good. I'd be even happier if it were better. It could turn out to be the weakest of the bunch and still an enjoyable movie. Time will tell!

The Indy 5 announcement has me tempted to watch Kingdom of the Crystal Skull again (haven't seen it since it was in theaters).
I should fight that temptation, right?

My ranking:
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Temple of Doom
Last Crusade
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

KOTCS would be good to re-visit sometime, for me it definitely gets much better with repeat viewings. But back in 2008 I definitely shared the disappointment.

Hooray for indy 5.... so glad spielberg stuck with Ford, and did'nt try to source young blood. Now don't muck it up boys, lets ride off into the sunset (again) !!
And impress the **** out of all the negative fans

The original haunted castle idea for TLC got me thinking, what about Castle Dracula where Indy could've been in pursuit of an item used by Vlad The Impaler? That could've been awesome, but after TOD maybe too dark for Spielberg's liking since he wanted to lighten it up so much more. It might not be a bad idea for 5. I'd love to see 5 be really dark and ominous in tone like TOD was.

Maybe not the thread for it, but Cinemark theaters are showing Raiders this week. Got to take me boys today... First theater showing for my youngest! He dressed the part. :)

image.jpg

Its amazing how much of different experience it was from seeing BvS a few days back. Raiders is a film built for theaters.

Sallah

Maybe not the thread for it, but Cinemark theaters are showing Raiders this week. Got to take me boys today... First theater showing for my youngest! He dressed the part. :)

View attachment 255225

Its amazing how much of different experience it was from seeing BvS a few days back. Raiders is a film built for theaters.

Sallah

I can see Ford somewhere in the sculpt. :lol
Good that your furnishing the mind of the youth with all the good movies from the past. I have heard BVS is like CGI overload. I think Im all CGI'd out what with all the Marvel movies etc.

View attachment 255225

Sallah

Thats how I'm gonna dress my kid one day....
Hope you had fun watching Rotla on the big screen!

Nice. Goes to show a movie's lasting legacy when it can still win new fans generations later.

shia-labeouf-via-variety-640x352.jpg

We can safely say between ridiculous stunts like this and him publicly trashing KOTCS to the point he was on bad terms with Ford and Spielberg for it that Shia definitely won't be back. At least he gave us this for a good laugh :lol

If Mutt returns I could see him being recasted or written out altogether. Either way Shia's never going to be part of the series again for sure.

He also seems a tad too young for being a professor despite approaching his upper 30s.

It would be brilliant if they used a pre-"Dr. Jones," and went into his time studying w/ A. Ravenwood. I wonder if Ford will be interspersed throughout the movie as a narrator type, or if he's going to pull a TFA and Indy dies.

A young Indy reboot might not happen after all, at least not for the next one:

Indiana Jones 5 Is ‘Continuation’ Of Crystal Skull Story

And here's the lovely Jessica Chobot discussing it:

Frank Marshall Says INDIANA JONES 5 Will Be a Continuation of THE CRYSTAL SKULL | Nerdist

Hmm... I'm hoping that the way I read it, citing the need to maintain Indy as married to Marion, etc., is the extent to which the story touches anything having to do with KOTCS. My ranking is: ROTLA, LC, TOD, KOTCS, and after having watched all three, in the past two weeks, I can say - I love when it's Indy v. the Nazis.

Mola Ram and the Kali death cult folks are cool, and very much in line w/ the concept of Indy as a swashbuckling adventurer. However, I think the Nazis are the perfect foe. I disliked the Blanchett-led Russians. I thought they were a "shadowy reflection" of the Belloq- and Donovan-led Nazis. So, if we're maintaining the timeline of KOTCS, is it going to be Russians again? I hope not.

I'd like to see something along the lines of National Treasure - Indy is working for/with someone that turns out to be a rat. This is similar to the Donovan story, but w/o the Nazi (or Russian) threat, I just don't know who the bad guy is. I'd also like to go back into some sort of "tangible" mythology. The Ark? Check. Makes sense. The Stones? Sure. Makes sense. Grail. Yep. But crystal alien heads? No. I think the quest, and the prize associated with it, almost becomes a character in and of itself; adding to the interest and emotional connection with the audience.

I always felt the Nazis back in TLC felt repetitive and especially so soon after TOD, which showed Indy doesn't always need Nazis to work. I'd like a more out of the box type enemy for 5.

Back