In what order do you rate the Indiana Jones Movies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And Indy 5 has just been confirmed. Let's hope this year production begins. Would be awesome by next Summer to have it out.

Would be awesome if next year it'd come out. A new Indy and Star Wars movie in the same Summer? I'm down.

Looks like it's a reality now, hope Harrison looks after himself and everyone works on making this one awesome must be better then skull. 74 next.

What'll be challenging is coming up with a good final quest for Indy for what we're to believe was his final adventure.

What'll be challenging is coming up with a good final quest for Indy for what we're to believe was his final adventure.

Spot on shadow! I always would have liked to see fate of atlantis pc game made into a movie, but there were nazis in that so probably not now.
Something biblical should work. It did for raiders and lc

I'd kinda rather prefer nothing biblical for the next film, something different. IMO Last Crusade being too much like the first movie was one of it's flaws.

I may have mentioned it before, but for the final relic Indy to track down I think the Pazuzu statue could be very cool, something dark and eerie.

louvre-demon-assyrien-pazuzu.jpg

Pazuzu is rooted in Assyrian/Babylonian mythology, which I don't think has been covered in the series. Could be something very cool and different, and a creepy artifact like that would be fitting for Indy's final adventure.

I think there was a post in here or another ranking thread that also ranked in the various Indy comics and novels in with the films. That'd be a Hell of an undertaking to do and the novels and comics must be of wildly varying quality.

1 - The Last Crusade - Better characters, in my opinion, bring this one to the top. Connery is a given, River Phoenix was an excellent young Indy, Sallah and Marcus get more screen time and are great, and the villains are ALMOST as good as the first one.
2 - Raiders of the Lost Ark - Villains almost bring this to the top. If I could rate them equally I probably would...
3 - Temple of Doom - Not a disaster, but not nearly as good as the others.
4 - Crystal Skull - Some good moments, but overall pretty terrible. Aliens was not a direction Indy films should have gone to. I don't care if it was the '50s - that's no excuse!

This is my order as well. :wink1:

Slightly off-topic but R.I.P. to Douglas Slocombe, the director of photography on the first three movies. Passed away earlier sadly. At 103 years old he had a long and fulfilled life, and captured some of the most striking imagery ever seen on film with his work on the original three Indy films.

Very excited to hear the official Indy 5 announcement and release date. 2019 will be here before we know it. I just hope the movie will be a great finale and capper for the series.

I'd rate it like this: RotLA, LC > ToD >>>> ToCS.
While LC is the best for re-watching or having some fun with your families, the first one is classic in every possible way. Although the "fun" elements are quite lacking if compared to the rest IMO. I still re-watching these movies on Blu-Ray in yearly basis.
For ToCS... I love what South Park referred to it in one of their episode though.

Back