Indiana Jones Props on ShopDisney

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ughghgh. Kills me to be broke and unemployed right now. I want that Staff of Ra headpiece and while $75 is steep, it's not outrageous. I was expecting it to be a lot more actually. Even so....I'm broke as a joke. Can't buy it.

That voodoo doll is awfully pricey for what it is though, no?

I thought the Voodoo Doll was pricey for a minute but then I remembered some of the questionable **** I've bought from SSC over the years. I mean It's not a polystone fridge.

I’d say they’re both probably on the high side, although the headpiece seems more reasonable. I guess they’re probably thinking $100 for the Voodoo doll and a other $30 for the pin, which seems a bit more in line with what I would have expected I guess.

I hate that ShopDisney STILL won't ship to the UK. The UK Disney Store site doesn't half of the good stuff that's on the US ShopDisney site.

I get it, we screwed up with Brexit and it was a terrible decision, but you can't keep holding it against us forever!

I'll just have to hope to find these at a reasonable price on eBay.

Ha.

I have the idol...it's very nice.
I am somewhat disappointed with the headpiece. The center crystal isn't one piece...which again is Disney being Disney lately...cheap and lazy. The presentation and display are nice touches for the headpiece.

My headpiece came broken yesterday so I have the pleasure of going through another exchange with Disney. Last time they took so long with my Grail that it sold out before they could replace it. Hoping for a better outcome this time. I’m hoping to find a Grail at Disneyland next month. I really don’t want to have to look for a headpiece too.

The voodoo doll is kind of meh. The doll is what it is. The pin is a lot nicer than I expected though and actually the more impressive of the two. Probably the worst replica of the bunch though.

I’m hoping we get the last crusade cross soon as it feels like the last decent smaller size size replica they could make outside a grail diary or more stones. The Ark will never happen sadly.

I'm returning the Voodoo doll. $130 my ass!
:lol
The head is so heavy & completely unsupported. I would bet there are going to be a lot of flacid Indy's in the near future.

I visited my Indy-obsessed pal yesterday so I got a chance to get my hands on these for the first time.

Overall, I was VERY impressed. Yes, the argument can always be made that these are overpriced gewgaws, but there's no denying they're really nice and the quality seems to be there.

The Fertility Idol has a great heft to it, and the finish is beautiful. I imagine hardcore cos-players are gonna love having this thing to go along with their outfits.

Sankara Stone was a LOT nicer than I thought it would be. There's just a ton of beautiful detail under the surface, and it looks lovely when it's glowing.

The Holy Grail was cool for what it is. I personally wouldn't need it, but it looks great lined up with the others, and also has a nice heft to it and the texture is great. It feels very "authentic" and you can hold it and imagine it really is the real thing if you ignore the tiny copyright printing.

My favorite of the bunch was definitely the Eye of Ra headpiece. Like the others, the best part is that it feels real when you hold it, not just a cheap piece of hollow plastic. I put it in my hand and pretended I was Toht getting it burned into my palm! The only drawback is that light can't pass through the jewels in the center, so that's a bit of a bummer, other than that, it's awesome.

Seeing them all lined up on a shelf is fantastic too. What would have taken years and hundreds (thousands?) of dollars to make a prop replica collection has not been made simple and streamlined by Disney. I'm jealous of my pal and everyone else that picked these up. If I weren't destitute, I'd have liked to get my own.

He passed on the voodoo doll and the Crystal Skull. I agree that those aren't as iconic as the others. The skull in particular would taken up a LOT of shelf space too, and it's not that cool looking, in my opinion.

I have no idea if these are still available or sold out, but I hope everyone that was interested can grab these...they're so cool!

And my buddy had one more item I didn't even know existed....the magic wand from Willow! That one is also really cool and just as well made as these. (He's a Willow fanatic as well as Indy....just obsessed with all things Lucasfilm.) No idea if there's any market other than my friend for Willow prop replicas, but it's a cool piece!

Back