Ian Holm - Bilbo Baggins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Wow - I have to buy this figure with that diorama piece.

Does this big piece mean that Asmus are more committed to pieces like Thranduil's Throne?

Would buy the diorama if it matches well with the gandalf crown series which came with the gate and stairs. Also agree it should fit into a detolf cabinet.

While amazing, they really need to have a detolf sized version with just the door. Whether folks like it or not, that's the standard of display for arguably the majority of collectors these days. But as is, this looks awesome.
:exactly: :goodpost:Completely agree!

While amazing, they really need to have a detolf sized version with just the door. Whether folks like it or not, that's the standard of display for arguably the majority of collectors these days. But as is, this looks awesome.
Looks to be modular 6 pieces? So the door or the door and a window should fit in a detolf

The majority of collectors need more incentive to move away from IKEA detolfs so keep on cranking out these oversized dios!
I agree. I know detolfs are cheap and not bulky, but a proper cabinet or curio of some sort offer so many better display options, diorama or just figures on stands.

It's crazy to me that people will place $2000 worth of figures in a cheap flimsy stand. I just have one detolf for overflow that I can't fit in my cabinets.

I agree. I know detolfs are cheap and not bulky, but a proper cabinet or curio of some sort offer so many better display options, diorama or just figures on stands.

It's crazy to me that people will place $2000 worth of figures in a cheap flimsy stand. I just have one detolf for overflow that I can't fit in my cabinets.
Don't own any. Never wanted to mess with glass shelves, and I need something that can hold the weight of a heavier diorama background.

I use various bookshelves, sometimes hacked to make a shelf with more room (height). Have seen some great Detolf hacks but just didn't feel like trying.

Anyway I need Bag End to put Thorin in front of. Or Gandalf. Hope this isn't a tease that never happens:cry::cry::cry::cry:

It will be costly.
There are so many current figures you could pose in front of the door,GtG,Old Bilbo,young Bilbo,Sam and Frodo and of course Thorin.
No need for an art box for the Bag end dio,just Old Bilbo.

It will be costly.
There are so many current figures you could pose in front of the door,GtG,Old Bilbo,young Bilbo,Sam and Frodo and of course Thorin.
No need for an art box for the Bag end dio,just Old Bilbo.
I figure between my labor, materials, and time ASMUS will do a better job than I could. I have their "Door to Haberdashery" (Hateful 8) tho I use it with Zorro. The light up stove is really nice. But the door doesn"t open. Dunno if that would be good for Bag End or not. Definitely Bag End should be able to hold 2 figures. (And Thranduil on Throne is a must for me too!!)

Sigh… (looks at wallet with pained expression).

Yes.

I mean even just the fully elaborated diorama of the entrance to Bag End alone.

I would find it very difficult to not order the diorama/figure combo for this. It looks amazing. Just hope when it does go up for preorder its available to the retailers too.

Back